Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
    As you will see in the Supreme thread I backed SPEAK EASY for that race at 33/1 NRNB, thinking he would swerve the Ballymore as it looked so hot and that he might run well in a graded event between now and Cheltenham.

As it is, he’s 9/2 2ndF tomorrow behind the Mullins hot pot. I thought he’d be 10/1. If, and ya a big if, he won tomorrow, would you expect he goes to ge Ballymore?
    Yes deffinate Joseph said he needed further than 2. And he comes from the ptp fields

race at*Navan Sat, 9th Dec, 2017 (1st)**We thought he'd run well. Obviously he won his point-to-point and we really liked him but to be honest I thought he was a big horse that would be even better next year. It's a surprise that he won that well and he's probably a nice horse to do that. This horse is a real chaser. He's a big well-bred horse, he's after winning his point-to-point, and he's a very exciting horse. Mark rode him work and really liked him. I'm surprised he won that well but he obviously has a good engine. His options might be limited enough. Off the top of my head I think there is a Listed race in Limerick but I'll have to talk to Frank and JP. He can go up in trip anytime and I'd imagine he probably needs a bit further.**Joseph Patrick O'Brien
    Last edited by Scooby91; 6 January 2018, 07:24 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Thanks FM, I think that's sound advice, will wait and see how things pan out

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Yes deffinate Joseph said he needed further than 2. And he comes from the ptp fields

race at*Navan Sat, 9th Dec, 2017 (1st)**We thought he'd run well. Obviously he won his point-to-point and we really liked him but to be honest I thought he was a big horse that would be even better next year. It's a surprise that he won that well and he's probably a nice horse to do that. This horse is a real chaser. He's a big well-bred horse, he's after winning his point-to-point, and he's a very exciting horse. Mark rode him work and really liked him. I'm surprised he won that well but he obviously has a good engine. His options might be limited enough. Off the top of my head I think there is a Listed race in Limerick but I'll have to talk to Frank and JP. He can go up in trip anytime and I'd imagine he probably needs a bit further.**Joseph Patrick O'Brien
        Thanks Scoob. Might take a NRNB price about the Ballymore tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lick View Post
          What's people's opinion where Next Destination runs at Cheltenham? If he wins tmw he will be plenty short in both Ballymore and Albert Bartlett and I want to have some doubles with him in tmw before he runs
          I know Im repeating msyelf but I think it depends on others, most notably Getabird. Him and ND will be split up, how that's done may well depend on whether Getabird shows he can get 3m or not. If he doesn't, I think they will be confident ND can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
            Thanks Scoob. Might take a NRNB price about the Ballymore tonight.
            I diddnt think of that. Would be a good shout aslong as he diddnt go for a handicap if he was beaten,
            Assuming you mean hills.
            Sounds like goes very close in a graded race and he goes to the festival, not up to it they would mind him for next season. But you never know.
            Gordon Said he was going to mind cracking smart this season and he seems to have thrown him in to every deep race.

Comment

• Despite the comments from the Mullins camp PP are 4/1 Next destination for the AB and top price 8/1 for the Ballymore.

Even if ND wins today I'll be sceptical that they don't take the 'easier ' option

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Despite the comments from the Mullins camp PP are 4/1 Next destination for the AB and top price 8/1 for the Ballymore.

Even if ND wins today I'll be sceptical that they don't take the 'easier ' option
                He's that price for the ballymore because he's in deep waters today. Hes obviously a very nice horse and the standout but No chance he's a 1/2 shot today.
                People will put him down if he dosent win well today but nobody knows what samcro would have done today. It's far deeper than his races.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 7 January 2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

He's that price for the ballymore because he's in deep waters today. Hes obviously a very nice horse and the standout but No chance he's a 1/2 shot today.
                  People will put him down if he dosent win well today but nobody knows what samcro would have done today. It's far deeper than his races.
                  I think deep waters is egging it a bit Scooby. Only really Speak Easy who has the potential to be any better than what he beat last time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    I think deep waters is egging it a bit Scooby. Only really Speak Easy who has the potential to be any better than what he beat last time.
                    You may well be suprised, differnet track configuration, more runners, theres only one no hoper in moyross. They won't plan on setting it up for ND.
                    cracking smart is a very good horse the race wasn't ran to suit last time, Blow by blow, speak easy, duc des genievres Athenian all have claims. go too fast and get suckered into an early battle And even jetz finishes well.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 7 January 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Plenty to be found out on this race. Potentials to be enhanced here are.
                      ND ballymore
                      Speak easy ballymore
                      Jetz Albert Bartlett
                      Cracking smart bartlett
                      Blow by blow bartlett.
                      Duc des genievres ballymore/ bartlett

If out the places,
                      Athenian / blow by blow/ jetz martin pipe
                      Will all be on nice marks.

Comment

You may well be suprised, differnet track configuration, more runners, theres only one no hoper in moyross. They won't plan on setting it up for ND.
                        cracking smart is a very good horse the race wasn't ran to suit last time, Blow by blow, speak easy, duc des genievres Athenian all have claims. go too fast and get suckered into an early battle And even jetz finishes well.
                        I'm not suggesting it's going to be a penalty kick Scooby. Just don't think it's vastly different to the race he won last time. If he produces that run again, he wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                          I'm not suggesting it's going to be a penalty kick Scooby. Just don't think it's vastly different to the race he won last time. If he produces that run again, he wins.
                          We shall soon see. It's alot less black and white than that for me. I really like him but i Was hoping he would be 1/2 so i could lay him today. There a difference between really liking him and what price I think he should be. He's around an even money chance for me today.
                          And I do obviously want him to win.

I think the market has it right now with cracking smart. He was too big ew at 9/1
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 7 January 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Yep really looking forward to this. Should be very informative.

Comment

We shall soon see. It's alot less black and white than that for me. I really like him but i Was hoping he would be 1/2 so i could lay him today. There a difference between really liking him and what price I think he should be. He's around an even money chance for me today.
                              And I do obviously want him to win.

I think the market has it right now with cracking smart. He was too big ew at 9/1
                              He's 1/2 now Scooby!

Comment

• All i have to comment on that is he did his job and iv gone back in on cracking smart Albert bartlett

Comment

Working...
                                X