Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
    Would be if it wasn't Mullins saying it
    True. Mikael D'Haguenet did the double for him a few years ago. Briars Hill won this before going to the AB.

Some of the Mullins placed horses in this race have actually ended up in the Supreme ( Champagne Fever, Bellshill)
    Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 6 January 2018, 12:52 PM. Reason: Bloody predictive text

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      True. Mikael D'Haguenet did the double for him a few years ago. Briars Hill won this before going to the AB.

Some of the Mullins placed horses in this race have actually ended up in the Supreme ( Champagne Fever, Bellshill)
      Joys of Willie Mullins Bingo, lol.

I've scaled back my antepost betting this year, and just done most in the any race market, so I don't have to fret.

Bar them not making it at all, obviously.

Comment

• That quote isn't even clear which horse he means

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          That quote isn't even clear which horse he means
          That’s exactky what I thought Kev!

Comment

• Not sure he is talking about a specific horse but i think it's interesting that he mentions the Ballymore. If ND wins tomorrow I'd take a punt on the Ballymore being his target.

Comment

Not sure he is talking about a specific horse but i think it's interesting that he mentions the Ballymore. If ND wins tomorrow I'd take a punt on the Ballymore being his target.
              Yes I agree FM. Especially after Patrick’s comments earlier on too. 10/1 is massive imo.

Comment

• I'm a one horse man in this CCM but agree that 10/1 is appealing.

Comment

I'm a one horse man in this CCM but agree that 10/1 is appealing.
                  I know! Me too Just wish I was confident which race he was going in. I have 75% of my stake any race and 25% AB. Will be annoyed if he wins this unbacked in this market.

Comment

• 10’s gone. Top priced 8’s now.

Comment

From ATR

Samcro may be missing but Next Destination certainly sprinkles some stardust on the Lawlor's Of Naas Novice Hurdle.

While Gordon Elliott was not 100 per cent happy with Samcro earlier in the week, he would have faced a formidable opponent in Willie Mullins' Next Destination in any case.

A top-grade performer in bumpers last season, finishing fourth at Cheltenham and second at Punchestown, he bolted up on his hurdling debut at Naas and followed up in the Grade Two Navan Novice Hurdle.

As low as 7-1 for the Ballymore Properties Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham in March, for which Samcro is the 2-1 favourite, Next Destination steps up to Grade One level this weekend for a race Mullins has won five times in the last eight years.

Mullins said: " Bringing Next Destination back to Naas has been the plan for some time.

"He is a horse that has improved hugely this season and we were very impressed with him when he won his maiden hurdle at Naas in November."

Mullins also saddles Duc Des Genievres, who is making his Irish debut, having won his only race in France over hurdles.

The trainer added: " This race is just really well placed in the calendar just after Christmas and it suits horses that are probably going along the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle road at Cheltenham."

An interesting quote.
                      Certainly is an interesting quote Faugheen , is that the nearest thing to willie actually nominating the race he'll go for, for us ?.
                      Or will there be more mullins bingo to come ???. any way i took some of the 10-1 today
                      at corals. definitely be gone if he wins tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                        Certainly is an interesting quote Faugheen , is that the nearest thing to willie actually nominating the race he'll go for, for us ?.
                        Or will there be more mullins bingo to come ???. any way i took some of the 10-1 today
                        at corals. definitely be gone if he wins tomorrow.
                        The 10/1 has gone already BC

Comment

• What's people's opinion where Next Destination runs at Cheltenham? If he wins tmw he will be plenty short in both Ballymore and Albert Bartlett and I want to have some doubles with him in tmw before he runs

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lick View Post
                            What's people's opinion where Next Destination runs at Cheltenham? If he wins tmw he will be plenty short in both Ballymore and Albert Bartlett and I want to have some doubles with him in tmw before he runs
                            I'd swerve him for multiples at the moment TL, unless you have a strong opinion on where he goes. Personally, I'd wait until after tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lick View Post
                              What's people's opinion where Next Destination runs at Cheltenham? If he wins tmw he will be plenty short in both Ballymore and Albert Bartlett and I want to have some doubles with him in tmw before he runs
                              Comments seem to suggest Ballymore.
                              My instinct is Albert Bartlett because they'll have a better chance of winning that (better than Cracking smart) than the unknown of Samcro

Comment

• As you will see in the Supreme thread I backed SPEAK EASY for that race at 33/1 NRNB, thinking he would swerve the Ballymore as it looked so hot and that he might run well in a graded event between now and Cheltenham.

As it is, he’s 9/2 2ndF tomorrow behind the Mullins hot pot. I thought he’d be 10/1. If, and yes it’s a big if, he won tomorrow, would you expect he goes to the Ballymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X