Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful news. Thoughts to all connections.

Comment

• Horrible news.

Comment

• Really sad news, they're a great set up the Honeyball's

Comment

• Just tragic.

Thoughts with all staff, and connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            Really sad news, they're a great set up the Honeyball's
            Shame for you too Rob. Just checked the thread and you mentioned and put him up first at 40/1. Certainly had a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Shame for you too Rob. Just checked the thread and you mentioned and put him up first at 40/1. Certainly had a chance.
              For sure. Some of his hurdles runs were top draw, think he could have become a real stable star for them

Comment

• Couldn’t believe this when I heard earlier. RIP Fountains

Comment

• Exeter 4.10 – Elegant Escape

Elegant Escape runs in a good race, we’re keen to get a run into him before the RSA Chase and this looks a nice opportunity at a track he acts well at.

It’s a competitive race but the timing before Cheltenham is right, and we’re excited about running him.

He has the two Festival entries, in the RSA and the four miler, but we’re all leaning towards the shorter race.
                  Still think he'd have a better chance in the 4 miler personally however... as I've said previously looking at what you need to win this race, a bit of a poldder usually is in the mix, and for that reason I think I'll take the 33/1 on offer with WH (probably boost the odds too a little). Despite being a fancy in the 4 miler based on some good points raised, because he was 50/1 I actually haven't invested very much so this news isn't as unwanted as I'd though!

Comment

• Decisions decisions....shall I cash out my elegant escape bets for the 4 miler...

Comment

• Black Corton 14/1 WH
                      1.5 pts e/w right now...
                      Becoming impossible to ignore.

Comment

• Wonder if that performance will add more weight to Tizzard’s thoughts on sending Elegant Escape to the RSA

Comment

• For me Presenting Percy has proved his class there in a graded race. He's been beaten by what I consider an incredibly exciting horse, in open company ...... I can see why Russell is keen to keep onboard Percy!

Lost absolutely nothing in defeat there, in fact he has enhanced his claims.

I am very happy to be in the PP camp now, with a lot of confidence

Comment

For me Presenting Percy has proved his class there in a graded race. He's been beaten by what I consider an incredibly exciting horse, in open company ...... I can see why Russell is keen to keep onboard Percy!

That depends how much your rate our duke and bally casey
                            The race was ran at a pace They were both comfortable with anf had space around them. Nothing like a gold cup or rsa
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

For me Presenting Percy has proved his class there in a graded race. He's been beaten by what I consider an incredibly exciting horse, in open company ...... I can see why Russell is keen to keep onboard Percy!

Agree to a degree, though for me should really have won that given that he was given the perfect tow by Our Duke, also getting 7lb from Our Duke plus Our Duke made an absolute howler at the 3rd last (I think) fence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                That depends how much your rate our duke and bally casey
                                The race was ran at a pace They were both comfortable with anf had space around them. Nothing like a gold cup or rsa
                                You don't like Our Duke or Presenting Percy so easy enough for you to dismiss both if they finish close, I see that.

I am happy to be with both because I like both, and think they'll both be right in the mix now.

Our Duke will defintiely be better for a step back up in trip. As archie says, he is a BOAT

Comment

Working...
                                X