Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Unless I have misread something somewhere regarding this, and if I have I apologize in advance, but what about Defi Du Seuil? He had 5 runs prior to the festival, and readily dotted up at the festival that same season?

Edit: I can see you have "end of October" now! But still, 2 weeks away from that date and you have yourself another winner who wasn't Irish, nor a handicapper as well
    I think they are correct. As this was primarily a result of Presenting Percy it would have been unfair to have used another starting date. Perhaps if I went forward two weeks it might have ruled others out from what is already is a very low figure.

Comment

• Lord Windermere had 5 runs from mid November the year he won RSA.
      Black Lion had 5 from mid October the year he won RSA.
      Boston Angel had 5 runs from the end of October when he won the RSA.
      Weapons Amnesty had 5 runs from mid October when he won RSA.

That's 4 of the last 8.

Who would have thought chase experience might prove valuable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
        Lord Windermere had 5 runs from mid November the year he won RSA.
        Black Lion had 5 from mid October the year he won RSA.
        Boston Angel had 5 runs from the end of October when he won the RSA.
        Weapons Amnesty had 5 runs from mid October when he won RSA.

That's 4 of the last 8.

Who would have thought chase experience might prove valuable.
        The thing I don't like with stats apart form them being different horses. Lord Windermere was very fortunate to win that rsa.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Trends and stats form a big part of my analysis but you do have to factor in the odd exception now and again

For novice chasing, I’d actually prefer to have a horse who’s jumped at least 3-4 times. Experience is very handy here

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            The thing I don't like with stats apart form them being different horses. Lord Windermere was very fortunate to win that rsa.
            I really do not think he was he got caught for room and Davy switched and he looked to be coming hard at Boston Bob. I was on Boston Bob that day.

Davey Russell picks up the 2013 RSA Chase onboard Lord Windermere in a fantastic win for him

As for the stats, I don’t either but basically PP having 5 runs being a disadvantage is absolute nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
              I really do not think he was he got caught for room and Davy switched and he looked to be coming hard at Boston Bob. I was on Boston Bob that day.

Davey Russell picks up the 2013 RSA Chase onboard Lord Windermere in a fantastic win for him

As for the stats, I don’t either but basically PP having 5 runs being a disadvantage is absolute nonsense.

I will watch later but at the time I thought Boston bob would hose up. I diddnt have a bet in the race.

I'm not a pp fan but id agree that in my eyes that would be nonsense. I'd be against him on ability , all known form when stepped up of level weights, his lack of a test at this level over fences. He's going to have to jump cleanly at a pace he's never done before against a calibre of horses he's never encountered before . not on the ammount of runs or any horses in past years etc..

He more of an our duke type to me that needs to get back into a race. And a slow gallop like the irish national would suit. To give him time to jump in his own comfort zone where the leader arent putting him under pressure.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 9 February 2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                I will watch later but at the time I thought Boston bob would hose up. I diddnt have a bet in the race.

I'm not a pp fan but id agree that in my eyes that would be nonsense. I'd be against him on ability , all known form when stepped up of level weights, his lack of a test at this level over fences. He's going to have to jump cleanly at a pace he's never done before against a calibre of horses he's never encountered before . not on the ammount of runs or any horses in past years etc..

He more of an our duke type to me that needs to get back into a race. And a slow gallop like the irish national would suit. To give him time to jump in his own comfort zone where the leader arent putting him under pressure.
                That’s all fair Scooby.

Comment

• Maybe I am wrong but I would have thought any reasonably minded person could have just chosen to ignore the stats rather than use it as an excuse to just to take a pop.

Any other sheep improve on 'absolute nonsense'?

Comment

• Hope this is just a typo on the BHA website re Fountains Windfall...

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                      Hope this is just a typo on the BHA website re Fountains Windfall...

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/racing-updates/
                      That would be some typo. I hope that's not the case I really do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                        Hope this is just a typo on the BHA website re Fountains Windfall...

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/racing-updates/
                        Thoughts today with Anthony Honeyball, who confirmed that Fountains Windfall died this morning when he was preparing for a race at Warwick on Saturday

It's true. Sad to see

Comment

• From a Racing Post Tweet...
                          Terrible news for trainer Anthony Honeyball after he confirms his stable star, Fountains Windfall, who was due to run at Warwick tomorrow, has died following a schooling accident

Comment

• ah ffs thats horrible

Comment

• Not even taking into account this race, that is awful s*** luck, and thoughts are with all connections.

Comment

• Terrible News. RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X