Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Ready to forgive his Punchestown run now?
    Not for an rsa I think he would be outclassed and I stand by his punchestown run. . For a nh chase iv no problem taking a chance on him at 33s. Showed he stayed there and he obviously has a fair amount of ability.

Why al boum photo who finished in front of him on merit imo is 3 figures for the rsa. I will never know.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Not for an rsa I think he would be outclassed and I stand by his punchestown run. . For a nh chase iv no problem taking a chance on him at 33s. Showed he stayed there and he obviously has a fair amount of ability.

Why al boum photo who finished in front of him on merit imo is 3 figures for the rsa. I will never know.
      For someone with so much racing knowledge, I'll never understand your logic for that one

Comment

For someone with so much racing knowledge, I'll never understand your logic for that one
        I won't get into that one again
        I'll let the ones that finished around him do the talking.

Comment

I won't get into that one again
          I'll let the ones that finished around him do the talking.
          You're more stubborn than the Missus

Comment

You're more stubborn than the Missus
            Haha . I don't like To doubt my own judgement.

Comment

• Just looking through the betting for the RSA, is there a superstar in the race this year? It looks like a lot of the shorter priced horses will go for other races and even Monalee is far from certain to run here either.

Comment

Just looking through the betting for the RSA, is there a superstar in the race this year? It looks like a lot of the shorter priced horses will go for other races and even Monalee is far from certain to run here either.
                Very very tough market. Iv backed him at 16s but My honest opinion monalee too short. Al boum photo at 3 figures is way too big. Bacardys needs to come out and look good or he's going for the stayers. (Long way off yet) alot of horses out injured ie champagne classic .... Constantine bay.

I'll get crabbed for this but I I genuinely think ballyoptic has a leading chance. Id back tombstone at 3 figures. And bamako moriviere who iv already backed at 3 fugures I'd give a chance to. Rathvinden could be good Without death duty here. And snow falcoln caught My eye to a point with 3m +
                As much as I don't think presenting percy will win he's not without a chance just not for me.

Just thinking out loud.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 3 December 2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Very very tough market. Iv backed him at 16s but My honest opinion monalee too short. Al boum photo at 3 figures is way too big. Bacardys needs to come out and look good or he's going for the stayers. (Long way off yet) alot of horses out injured ie champagne classic .... Constantine bay.

I'll get crabbed for this but I I genuinely think ballyoptic has a leading chance. Id back tombstone at 3 figures. And bamako moriviere who iv already backed at 3 fugures I'd give a chance to. Rathvinden could be good Without death duty here. And snow falcoln caught My eye to a point with 3m +
                  As much as I don't think presenting percy will win he's not without a chance just not for me.

Just thinking out loud.
                  I'm predicting the two middle distance novice races (JLT and Ballymore) will be the feature races for next years festival and the other novice races will have less strength in depth.

Comment

I'm predicting the two middle distance novice races (JLT and Ballymore) will be the feature races for next years festival and the other novice races will have less strength in depth.
                    I'd agree with that. The arkle should thin out a little with finians going jlt Imo. Also depends how jp splits his middle distance novice chasers.
                    I'd say the bartlett will be very competative a lot of nice staying prospects, elliot has plenty of them though and won't run them all.

Comment

Just looking through the betting for the RSA, is there a superstar in the race this year? It looks like a lot of the shorter priced horses will go for other races and even Monalee is far from certain to run here either.
                      I agree with that... there isn't any horse with a "sexy" profile (if we completely rule out FO running) and every other horse in the betting you'd be able to pick a hole in, be-it over hurdles or fences! (Speaking completely about the market rather than what I think on any individual...)

Monalee (was NOT a standout novice hurdler,)
                      Death Duty (Bubble got burst)
                      Willoughby Court (owner/trainer not sexy enough)
                      Presenting Percy (Big fan base but will struggle to lose the 'plot horse' mantle)
                      Bacardys (Already beaten and unfancied despite a good novice hurdle career)
                      Ballyoptic (Beaten already over fences and hurdles)
                      Mias Storm (is a pricewise selection)
                      Rathvinden (One of the least sexy horses around)

For those reasons I can't see any of them being south of 3/1 - so as a betting heat this is going to struggle to have a short priced fav... which makes it a tough race for me to get TOO heavily invested in as an ante-post book....

Having said that, I am on:

PP - 33/1
                      West Approach 33/1
                      Bacardys 12/1 (any race)
                      Al Boum Photo 120/1
                      Elegant Escape 49/1 (added today)
                      Topofthegame (free bet)
                      Death Duty 14/1 and 16/1

DD and Bacardys the only proper stakes and as mentioned, not keen on either. Happy to watch things unfold ..... RSA is a race where experience and battling qualities are attributes I'd like to see and I can't get that excited about anything yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I agree with that... there isn't any horse with a "sexy" profile (if we completely rule out FO running) and every other horse in the betting you'd be able to pick a hole in, be-it over hurdles or fences! (Speaking completely about the market rather than what I think on any individual...)

Monalee (was NOT a standout novice hurdler,)
                        Death Duty (Bubble got burst)
                        Willoughby Court (owner/trainer not sexy enough)
                        Presenting Percy (Big fan base but will struggle to lose the 'plot horse' mantle)
                        Bacardys (Already beaten and unfancied despite a good novice hurdle career)
                        Ballyoptic (Beaten already over fences and hurdles)
                        Mias Storm (is a pricewise selection)
                        Rathvinden (One of the least sexy horses around)

For those reasons I can't see any of them being south of 3/1 - so as a betting heat this is going to struggle to have a short priced fav... which makes it a tough race for me to get TOO heavily invested in as an ante-post book....

Having said that, I am on:

PP - 33/1
                        West Approach 33/1
                        Bacardys 12/1 (any race)
                        Al Boum Photo 120/1
                        Elegant Escape 49/1 (added today)
                        Topofthegame (free bet)
                        Death Duty 14/1 and 16/1

DD and Bacardys the only proper stakes and as mentioned, not keen on either. Happy to watch things unfold ..... RSA is a race where experience and battling qualities are attributes I'd like to see and I can't get that excited about anything yet!
                        Experience and battling qualities = Yanworth! He’d be my pick for this race at the moment if running, really think he needs a trip. Got a big engine as far as I can see, and he outbattled Supasundae and Snow Falcon to win the stayers up at Aintree last year. If his jumping improves a little then I think he can outbattle most of this opposition up the hill. Don’t see that he has a chance in the JLT so will have an interest in him in this race at 16s and hope connections see it the same way

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                          Experience and battling qualities = Yanworth! He’d be my pick for this race at the moment if running, really think he needs a trip. Got a big engine as far as I can see, and he outbattled Supasundae and Snow Falcon to win the stayers up at Aintree last year. If his jumping improves a little then I think he can outbattle most of this opposition up the hill. Don’t see that he has a chance in the JLT so will have an interest in him in this race at 16s and hope connections see it the same way
                          I would back him for this nearer the time if need be.
                          Think there was a massive over reaction to his last run though. He was there to learn imo and he will be nearer the pace next time out . If his jumping improves with experience I can see him turning the tables on Willoughby court personally. For what it's worth I think modus would beat Willoughby court. They may meet in the not so distant future.
                          I believe modus is at to run Friday.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 4 December 2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I would back him for this nearer the time if need be.
                            Think there was a massive over reaction to his last run though. He was there to learn imo and he will be nearer the pace next time out . If his jumping improves with experience I can see him turning the tables on Willoughby court personally. For what it's worth I think modus would beat Willoughby court. They may meet in the not so distant future.
                            Was impressed with Willoughby Court the other day, already have him covered, respect the course form, but same as you I can’t see him winning the JLT for some reason. Finian’s Oscar would be my winner for that currently if turning up, but I do give a real chance also to Bamako Moriviere. That performance last time out was top class. Modus seems to have gears but his jumping gives me the jitters, as with a lot of novice chasers though plenty of scope for improvement

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                              Was impressed with Willoughby Court the other day, already have him covered, respect the course form, but same as you I can’t see him winning the JLT for some reason. Finian’s Oscar would be my winner for that currently if turning up, but I do give a real chance also to Bamako Moriviere. That performance last time out was top class. Modus seems to have gears but his jumping gives me the jitters, as with a lot of novice chasers though plenty of scope for improvement
                              I wouldn't disagree with any of that. Think your pretty on point. .
                              Unless Willoughby court puts in a vautour performance it's a long run in up the hill in the jlt from the last. I wouldn't knock his resolve just thing something with a change of gear gets him
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 4 December 2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Really impressed with Presenting Percy yesterday. His jumping was immaculate yesterday. There can’t be many horses with only two previous chase runs look so much at home in a handicap chase of that nature.

Comment

Working...
                                X