Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    As the race has cut up more than expected I'm happy to have Terrefort on board. I did put him and Cyrname up for this NRNB at 25s before they met.

7s does look very skinny for the win as that form is not good enough to win a JLT IMO
    A no brainer to have onside at 25s, will prob leave alone at the price now. Cyrname not even considered for here or Aintree, and you'd think the flogas form would trump that. Need to see how my book is looking monday when we get final decs for RSA and work out the JLT from there

Comment

• Is Sutton Place going to Cheltenham? I did ask a few weeks ago for any info but I am none the wiser. Was he mentioned anywhere in the previews to date does anybody know. I'm holding on to a super heinz bet that could pay dividends just for the place part alone. I see that he's still in the markets for this and the RSA. Gordy said he's the one that he's ''most looking forward to'' pre season. Any insight would be very helpful to calm my frayed nerves and rising blood pressure.Cheers and Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        A no brainer to have onside at 25s, will prob leave alone at the price now. Cyrname not even considered for here or Aintree, and you'd think the flogas form would trump that. Need to see how my book is looking monday when we get final decs for RSA and work out the JLT from there
        As regards Cyrname, that could well be because he's looked a far better horse going right handed. Might go to Punchestown?

Comment

• Originally posted by squiggsy68 View Post
          As regards Cyrname, that could well be because he's looked a far better horse going right handed. Might go to Punchestown?
          I think Nicholls said they might even put him away for the season, but yes definitely seems to be better right handed

Comment

• I will be very surprised if Monalee does not race in the JLT. Looks nailed on he goes here irrelevantnof the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
              I will be very surprised if Monalee does not race in the JLT. Looks nailed on he goes here irrelevantnof the ground.
              The panel in the boylesports preview tonight, including ted walsh, jonny ward etc.
              pretty much stated that Henry would prefer JLT, but owners want RSA and have gambled on it accordingly.
              robbie power also mentioned thats why fejily rode it last time as they were set on rsa, as is percy.
              owners winning argument at minute.

Comment

I will be very surprised if Monalee does not race in the JLT. Looks nailed on he goes here irrelevantnof the ground.
                I'm assuming you've backed jlt. As he's nailed on rsa.
                And I have enough on at huge prices jlt to be impartial
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

It sounds like the owner has had a big bet on him to win the RSA. It's probably the only thing stopping Monalee lining up in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    It sounds like the owner has had a big bet on him to win the RSA. It's probably the only thing stopping Monalee lining up in this.
                    The fact is if you disect the runners and look through it properly. The rsa is just as easy to win as the jlt. The ones to beat need to reverse the form. All be it I think they may just do that.

Comment

• For me, the JLT is the easier of the two races to win.

It's pointless debating though, he'll turn up in one or the other all being well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        For me, the JLT is the easier of the two races to win.

It's pointless debating though, he'll turn up in one or the other all being well.
                        I'd be 99% sure he goes RSA. Currently laying off my 90.0 80.0 JLT feel free to take some on the exchange

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                          I'm assuming you've backed jlt. As he's nailed on rsa.
                          And I have enough on at huge prices jlt to be impartial

I haven't backed Monalee for any race and nor will I. Was able to control a slowly run race from the front in the floggas. Was a good ride but I wouldn't assume the form is as amazing as some say. There is an advantage in dictating a slowly run race from the front. 7 lengths seperated the first 7 home in that race.
                          I wouldn't trust the form of this race at all though that isn't to say that Monalee won't prove himself to be a very good horse it's just for me at the moment the jury is out.

I have only backed one horse for Cheltenham and it's ELEGANT ESCAPE at 33/1 to win.
                          That horse is the festival for me this year. If EE can do it then I'm rich (by my standards),

Not really looked at any other race in depth as yet and probably won't til final decs.
                          Last edited by ELEGANTLY TASTED; 6 March 2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I haven't backed Monalee for any race and nor will I. Was able to control a slowly run race from the front in the floggas. Was a good ride but I wouldn't assume the form is as amazing as some say. There is an advantage in dictating a slowly run race from the front. 7 lengths seperated the first 7 home in that race.
                            I wouldn't trust the form of this race at all though that isn't to say that Monalee won't prove himself to be a very good horse it's just for me at the moment the jury is out.

I have only backed one horse for Cheltenham and it's ELEGANT ESCAPE at 33/1 to win.
                            That horse is the festival for me this year. If EE can do it then I'm rich (by my standards),

Not really looked at any other race in depth as yet and probably won't til final decs.
                            Iv got a few quid on him at 88.0 for the rsa. Wouldn't be my main pick.

He is however the selection ew of some very shrewd judges I know.

Comment

Welcome to the Flogas wasn't such a good race club. Two members so far. Sorry, three, Ruby Walsh didn't think it was much cop either.

If Monalee turned up here he would not have to do much more than repeat the Flogas run and without Willoughby there would be a pretty good chance of dictating the pace again. Probably not so easy to do that over the longer trip when your stamina isn't assured. Confirmed for this and he would be a much shorter price than he is for the RSA, at a guess 2/1 as opposed to 7/2. Very little evidence to suggest that this isn't the easier race.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                Welcome to the Flogas wasn't such a good race club. Two members so far. Sorry, three, Ruby Walsh didn't think it was much cop either.
                                When did Ruby say that? Before the race on RTE he was saying it was the best novice chase of the season by far! He also said this on the Paddypower site: "Having said that, however strong we think we are in the Mullins yard, when you throw in Sutton Place and Monalee – this is some race!"

That would be a big change of opinion with no subsequent evidence to refute his original one!

I wouldn't be so quick to knock it just because they finished within a few lengths of each other. These are all good horses and next week may well prove it, particularly when Snow Falcon hoses up in whichever race he decides to dominate!
                                Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 6 March 2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X