Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Needs to though... young and would need to improve incredibly far to reach the level that has been set.
    Until we see coc run on the day we have no idea.
    I can understand people being confident he runs the exact same race and that gets the job done. But I'm not sure how realistic that is in a race of this nature and for coc himself, a year older and a grand national inbetween .
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Thought that was a nice performance from Auvergnat. Travelled like the best horse in the race and jumped well on the back of his fall last time. Quite a significant drift which suggests they thought he would come on plenty for the run and he didn’t find as much as he looked he might.

He’s every right to be improving more than CoC imo and think he will be a pretty tough nut to crack come March myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        A little gutted I thought I might be lucky and josies orders pushed out to an ew price after that. But wishful thinking it seems.
        Will stick with
        coc 9/1
        Auvergnat 14/1.

Room for another though on the day. Either josies orders or the French horse ew.
        10/1 josies orders would be acceptable for me the night before.
        Probalby unlikely to get the 10/1 at Josies has performed better at Chelt than Auvergnat... so plenty might expect him to reverse that nostril today.

I'd add JO e/w at double figures probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          Thought that was a nice performance from Auvergnat. Travelled like the best horse in the race and jumped well on the back of his fall last time. Quite a significant drift which suggests they thought he would come on plenty for the run and he didn’t find as much as he looked he might.

He’s every right to be improving more than CoC imo and think he will be a pretty tough nut to crack come March myself.
          You expect Auvergnat to be the one to beat despite being beaten by CoC 11.5L last season? That is a long, long way.

Comment

Probalby unlikely to get the 10/1 at Josies has performed better at Chelt than Auvergnat... so plenty might expect him to reverse that nostril today.

I'd add JO e/w at double figures probably.
            We will all be shocked at some of the prices on the day. And in some cases think why do we bet antepost this side of Christmas
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I was all over Auvegnat back in the Autumn and have some nice 16/1 vouchers but when CofC looked certain to head here I started backing that one.
              Todays performance was massive for Auvegnat who has developed a habit of hitting the odd one.
              The gap between the two has narrowed after that but I'd probably still have CofC fav ahead of Auvergnat....

Comment

We will all be shocked at some of the prices on the day. And in some cases think why do we bet antepost this side of Christmas
                One of the things I'll be tracking this year WOuldn't like to put a percentage on how many bets I have that aren't going to beat SP at the moment.

Incredibly, Faugheen 4/1 NRNB is one of them - I thought that weas an absolute rick when Sky offered it - love the game.

Comment

You expect Auvergnat to be the one to beat despite being beaten by CoC 11.5L last season? That is a long, long way.
                  I didn’t say he’s the one to beat Kev. That’s obviously CoC. But I think he will be a tough nut to crack. It’s not a ‘long, long way’. It only requires CoC to have regressed a few lb’s and Auvergnat to have improved a few lb’s which considering their respective ages, doesn’t require a great leap of faith. Auvergnat also missed a few early on last season and didn’t get into a rhythm straight away.

CoC still my biggest winner and Auvergnat the only other I’ve backed but I think they will be much closer this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    I was all over Auvegnat back in the Autumn and have some nice 16/1 vouchers but when CofC looked certain to head here I started backing that one.
                    Todays performance was massive for Auvegnat who has developed a habit of hitting the odd one.
                    The gap between the two has narrowed after that but I'd probably still have CofC fav ahead of Auvergnat....
                    Very much how I see it.

Without CoC in the race, who I genuinly think has proven he's the standout in this sphere.... I'd have it close between Auvergnat, Josie's Orders, Urgent De Gregaine and Tiger Roll (although this one is living on the coat-tails of CoC)

CCM - Yes I see, I read "tough nut to crack" as that you thought he was the one to beat... agree with you and ista, they'll likely be closer than 11.5L!

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      I was all over Auvegnat back in the Autumn and have some nice 16/1 vouchers but when CofC looked certain to head here I started backing that one.
                      Could have posted exactly that myself ista!

Comment

Until we see coc run on the day we have no idea.
                        I can understand people being confident he runs the exact same race and that gets the job done. But I'm not sure how realistic that is in a race of this nature and for coc himself, a year older and a grand national inbetween .
                        The amount of positivity for Cause of Causes is down to the price he's been I'd say?

10/1
                        9/1
                        7/1
                        6/1
                        11/2
                        9/2

Are all prices that I've backed CoC at in multiples...He's a big winner for me as a single, but not make or break!

In terms if multiples, because he was 9/1 and in particular 7/1 for so long there are some multiples I've had that make him a potential life changer, let alone week changer.

I don't have an INSANE amount staked on him... but I could win an INSANE amount.

Would I prefer to have that amount returned on Apple's Jade - Yes, Buveur D'air, yes.... etc.... but the price has dictated how 'important' CoC could potentially be....

so I think you're right, the confidence is probably more value based than chance based - however.... I am extremely happy
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 February 2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Hey Guys - Here's an after race report in the Irish news with Enda's thoughts. Seems like another vote for CoC's.
                          I'm all over JO ew as a while ago Enda described him as his definate No1 cheltenham hope. He also said JO now takes an age to get fit so after today he should spot on going back to the place he loves. I will certainly be having a saver on CoCs though.

Bolger later reported “that's out little lot done now before Cheltenham. Whether our lads are good enough to handle the likes of Cause Of Causes, I don't think so, but we don't know what will turn up - Auvergnat is still relatively young as well.

“There is nothing we can do, only win, so I'm happy with that.

“Cheltenham is the plan for the first two and Cantlow (a non-runner from today's race) also - Cantlow just gave a little cough this morning and we had him primed for his run. He'll go straight to Cheltenham and he loves it there and the drier ground suits him too.

“We're happy, it's job done, and we'll freshen them up now and maybe have a couple of days to the seaside and things.”

Comment

• Seems to be plenty of positive vibes for COC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              Seems to be plenty of positive vibes for COC.
                              I would just like to hear that he's been/will be doing some schooling round the banks prior to Cheltenham. Anyone heard anything? Is he going to Cheltenham the weekend of the sales like last year for a run around?

Comment

• I’d still have JO ahead of Auvergnat, who was again being given weight in this, only 2lbs but in a race like this I think that’s a big 2lbs and off level weights like at Chelt JO would beat him

Comment

Working...
                                X