Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greasy View Post
    What makes you so sure?? Suppose Douvan is fully fit what do you do with Min?
    Run him in the Ryanair and win it.

Comment

• Mins performance over 2.5 at Christmas was good enough that I’d have no issue seeing him as a Ryanair winner

Although I suppose if Douvan came back and won the Red Mills in heavy ground that would be even better form, but as we speak Min has raced over 2.5 where as Douvan hasn’t.

I Think Ricci would split them

Comment

• Faugheen_Machine I am on at 33/1 for the Gold Cup Coney Island so I am staying positive till the decision made

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
          Faugheen_Machine I am on at 33/1 for the Gold Cup Coney Island so I am staying positive till the decision made
          I'm on at the same price but this campaign is worrying me. He'd have to get beat on Saturday while staying on to be routed to the GC now imo

Comment

• Hopefully he will and staying on well. Great weekend of racing.

Comment

• Davy Russell had been banging on for weeks (in the preview nights) that Vautour was Ryanair bound. On the back of that I backed him Accordingly.

Was all left late though by Mullins/Ricci though I do admit.

Who knows what this pair will do re min/Douvan

Comment

• All I being saying all season. Is Coney Island a horse for the future that's why I think he go to the Gold Cup, The older horses who haven't made it quite as well in those trips come over to the Ryanair Chase

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                  All I being saying all season. Is Coney Island a horse for the future that's why I think he go to the Gold Cup, The older horses who haven't made it quite as well in those trips come over to the Ryanair Chase
                  I think that they'll go the "Don Cossack" route to the Gold Cup via the Ryanair.
                  Had he had a better prep - I think that he would be nailed on to go Gold Cup this year.

Comment

• Pocket talking i think min goes qmcc and they'll likely send djakadam to have a crack at the Ryanair.
                    With douvan staying at home .

If he did make it though, i Personally think douvan would be Ryanair or nothing. They will avoid altior with him like the plague.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 15 February 2018, 11:52 AM.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Apparently the Tizzards are confident about Cue Card being in top form for the Ascot chase, might be some specials around for him in that and then the Ryanair, could be a nice ew punt if there are, haven't seen any yet though

Comment

• 365 have a special up now, but only quoting Top Notch and Waiting Patiently

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          Apparently the Tizzards are confident about Cue Card being in top form for the Ascot chase, might be some specials around for him in that and then the Ryanair, could be a nice ew punt if there are, haven't seen any yet though
                          Good luck . Id love to see it.
                          But he dosent have the pace any more he's niggled along early these days and can put in a clanger when he's thrown at one to keep tabbs on the leaders. He wont be a pretty sight at all to watch for me. Touch wood he gets back safe and sound.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Good luck . Id love to see it.
                            But he dosent have the pace any more he's niggled along early these days and can put in a clanger when he's thrown at one to keep tabbs on the leaders. He wont be a pretty sight at all to watch for me. Touch wood he gets back safe and sound.
                            Echo this too. I'd happily see him given a deserved retirement personally.

Comment

• I wouldn't disagree, can't say I've ever been a huge fan, but I never thought he was a stayer, the thought of a special interests me on the basis of playing for a place at a big price, around 66/1 would be worth a little interest if they allowed ew

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                My only worry is the theory I have right now that
                                Douvan avoids altior goes for the ryaniar using min as an excuse of being an out and out 2 miler and being unfinished business between the 2. And the promise of trying further To look at the gold cup next year. Only To avoid altior with douvan . not sure how that would go down with the public compared to vautour.
                                I had that opinion waaaay back in this thread and it didn't go down as a very popular choice.... certainly looks like it could be live again now...although things could change quickly tomorrow!

I will be incredibly disappointed if they did that....

However I would consider a 10 pt win bet at 4/1 NRNB if he does get declared tomorrow?!
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 February 2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X