Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Jockey's Bumper

Comment

• IF/when we do end up with a 5 day festival, what would we genuinely say were the most likely races?

Veterans Handicap Chase
      Mares Novices chase
      Mares Chase
      2m4f Hurdle

What else?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        IF/when we do end up with a 5 day festival, what would we genuinely say were the most likely races?

Veterans Handicap Chase
        Mares Novices chase
        Mares Chase
        2m4f Hurdle

What else?
        They'd probably do it with two more... and have 5 days of 6 races per day....

Mares Chase would be one....

I still (maybe foolishly) think decide against the 2mf4 hurdle race....

Comment

• Mares bumper

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Mares Novice Chase
            Mares Chase
            Veterans Handicap Chase
            2m4f hurdle
            Female Riders only hurdle
            Mares Bumper
            All weather track
            Cross Country sprints
            Show jumping

Roll on the 6 day festival

Don't forget the " Celebrity sportsperson " get me out of here novelty novices race.

Comment

• Been saying it for years, a 3m vets chase is the only race that could be added without diluting further the existing festival.
              We all know how difficult it is for older horses to win at Cheltenham so give the 11/12 year olds their own race, it would also take a few away from handicaps where they're just making up the numbers....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Been saying it for years, a 3m vets chase is the only race that could be added without diluting further the existing festival.
                We all know how difficult it is for older horses to win at Cheltenham so give the 11/12 year olds their own race, it would also take a few away from handicaps where they're just making up the numbers....
                You're full of surprises Ista. I'd have expected you to be dead against it

MY counter to that would be, not every kind of horse needs to be accounted for. These vets have had wonderful careers and we like so many of them because they've already had their day in the sun.

It wouldn't annoy me if they added it, but would be one I had no interest in at all ante post - and therefore it'd get lost on me.

Comment

• The festival is a championship of NH racing.
                  There isn't a single 11/12 year old that can win any of the existing races (bar the foxhunters and cross country) and their presence in competitive handicaps only clutters the race with no hopers, give them their own race.

We've seen a 13yo winner of the Welsh National and a 14yo winner at Sandown in the last few weeks so they are still competitive in terms of racing, they will just always be found out by better handicapped horses at Chelt

Comment

• The kinloch brae looks an unusually weak renewal. Good yo see black hercules in there all the same. He's had plenty of time so Hopefuly he can show a bit more on his comeback to warrant his future entries.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      The festival is a championship of NH racing.
                      There isn't a single 11/12 year old that can win any of the existing races (bar the foxhunters and cross country) and their presence in competitive handicaps only clutters the race with no hopers, give them their own race.

We've seen a 13yo winner of the Welsh National and a 14yo winner at Sandown in the last few weeks so they are still competitive in terms of racing, they will just always be found out by better handicapped horses at Chelt
                      The championship of NH racing should be just that, champions of each disicpline. 2m hurdlers, staying hurdlers, 2m chasers and staying chasers. Novice versions of each, and handicaps for the rest of them..... if 13 and 14yo are good enough to win, they;ll win...if not, then they've possibly already had their day in the sun and they can have it another day during the season.

I wouldn't be annoyed by it by any means but not in any rush to see it.

Comment

• American Tom or A Toi Phil are both 33/1 NRNB for the Ryanair... before the Kinloch Brae today

Doubt either would be first string for their respective connections.

A Toi Phil looked held by Bachasson...... American Tom would need to beat him convincingly today to be anywhere near winning a Ryanair, as plenty of other horses have beaten him.

Probably not a good bet though, as he'd almost certainly be 2nd string, even at 33/1?

Could probably cash out after the race if he wins, if he doesn't, surely unlikely to travel over for this race though? Bit of a bet to nothing?

Comment

American Tom or A Toi Phil are both 33/1 NRNB for the Ryanair... before the Kinloch Brae today

Doubt either would be first string for their respective connections.

A Toi Phil looked held by Bachasson...... American Tom would need to beat him convincingly today to be anywhere near winning a Ryanair, as plenty of other horses have beaten him.

Probably not a good bet though, as he'd almost certainly be 2nd string, even at 33/1?

Could probably cash out after the race if he wins, if he doesn't, surely unlikely to travel over for this race though? Bit of a bet to nothing?
                          Iv layed American Tom every race since his debut he's massivley under priced every start because of connections and possibly his physical size. I won't lay him today though but hes deffinately not good enough to win a competative graded race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Iv layed American Tom every race since his debut he's massivley under priced every start because of connections and possibly his physical size. I won't lay him today though but hes deffinately not good enough to win a competative graded race.
                            He was one that Ricci talked up at the start of one of the seasons wasn't he? A bit like Chacun Pour Soi this year...

I think he'll beat A Toi Phil today so he isn't a bad horse but see your point

Comment

He was one that Ricci talked up at the start of one of the seasons wasn't he? A bit like Chacun Pour Soi this year...

I think he'll beat A Toi Phil today so he isn't a bad horse but see your point
                              I backed him 50s for the neptune at same time as min 50s for the supreme. He was talked up at that stage, but he would have been beaten easily but for 1 of Noel meades falling at the last and leaving him staying on to win. And missed the rest of the season through jnjury. He looks the part as a big chaser but Hes done nothing since imo but is always very short especially in running.

Comment

• I finally got to watch the Clarence House this weekend, and as much as I adore him, I think a line goes through UDS for this for me. He won well against an average field but he looked lethargic throughout to my eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X