Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressed with Waiting Patiently today.

For what it’s worth, I’m on Bennie Des Dieux any race and also for this at 12s NRNB

Comment

• Trainer absolutely believes he is a 2 miler, at a soft ground festival I think he would go CC for that reason. Personally I don't see it, and think like most this is his best chance of a win at the festival.

Comment

• Superb performance yesterday.

It would be a shame if he weren't to run at Cheltenham as the horse surely would not look out of place here. He'd be my idea of the winner!

Comment

• Are they changing the schedule for Thursday?

Headline says Ryanair trumps Stayers as money talks on Racingpost website. Blocked the article because it’s members only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
            Are they changing the schedule for Thursday?

Headline says Ryanair trumps Stayers as money talks on Racingpost website. Blocked the article because it’s members only.
            Unlikely Tenty.
            Stayers is one of four championship races, I can't see them making the Ryanair a champs race and ending up with five champs races unless this is part of the 5 day agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Unlikely Tenty.
              Stayers is one of four championship races, I can't see them making the Ryanair a champs race and ending up with five champs races unless this is part of the 5 day agenda.
              Unfortunately I fear this is where they are going with this. I haven't heard anyone put forward a strong argument for a 5 day festival yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Unfortunately I fear this is where they are going with this. I haven't heard anyone put forward a strong argument for a 5 day festival yet.
                No great argument from a racing perspective and like many I don't look forward to it but the extra £20 million to the local economy means it will happen very soon.

Comment

It will dilute championship of racing but it will happen 100% with Mares Jump Race and Veterans race most likely. Could also add a 2.4mile race over hurdles.
                  I wasnt happy when it went to 4 days , but eventually got used to it. With my pocket and more so my liver 5 days omg , my missus wont be happy either.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                    Could also add a 2.4mile race over hurdles.
                    That's the issue with this race, it leaves a void for middle distance hurdlers

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                      That's the issue with this race, it leaves a void for middle distance hurdlers
                      Aintree hurdle.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Aintree hurdle.
                        Not the same though is it

Comment

• If there were a 2m 4f hurdle this year Faugheen wouldn't be running against Buveur D'air. Melon and Faugheen would be split.

The idea of a veterans chase is also a bad one, leave it at Sandown. Imagine the headlines should a 13 yr old horse suffer a fatal injury at the festival.

Comment

If there were a 2m 4f hurdle this year Faugheen wouldn't be running against Buveur D'air. Melon and Faugheen would be split.

The idea of a veterans chase is also a bad one, leave it at Sandown. Imagine the headlines should a 13 yr old horse suffer a fatal injury at the festival.
                            Mares Novice Chase
                            Mares Chase
                            Veterans Handicap Chase
                            2m4f hurdle
                            Female Riders only hurdle
                            Mares Bumper
                            All weather track
                            Cross Country sprints
                            Show jumping

Roll on the 6 day festival

Comment

• I was thinking the Cross Country for grey horses might be a good addition

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Mares Novice Chase
                                Mares Chase
                                Veterans Handicap Chase
                                2m4f hurdle
                                Female Riders only hurdle
                                Mares Bumper
                                All weather track
                                Cross Country sprints
                                Show jumping

Roll on the 6 day festival