Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there still a chance of a late switch swicci? I’m not sure on the new declaration rules..

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
      Is there still a chance of a late switch swicci? I’m not sure on the new declaration rules..
      Yes but unlikely IMO

Comment

• Perhaps I read to much in to stuff...

I watched a preview evening where Rich Ricci out and out said Min and Douvan are 2 milers and they will go to the same race all being well and Douvan gets there. He was asked which one Ruby would ride and his response was, if he doesnt choose Douvan il be asking Willie why we are running Douvan at all.

News broke that Douvan goes Ryanair and was reported on RP .. all the betting markets were changed to reflect the news, then later a tweet to say actually this is only a possibility..

I watched Nick Luck interview Rich Ricci after news broke he said well the Ryanair has cut up and I definitely have to consider it as an option,

I watched a preview evening where Ruby says he spent an hour and half contemplating if he takes the ride on Min or Douvan, he said and now they tell me Douvan goes Ryanair I dont know what the f-ck is going on..

The next day, Douvan goes Champion Chase Ruby rides.

Is it just possible, that Ruby actually decided to ride Min, and Rich Ricci threw his toys right out of the pram and decides to play hard ball switching Douvan, forcing Ruby's hand.. knowing that Ruby wont hear of defeat for UDS in the Ryanair and would not want Douvan interrupting that..

The news quotes from Mullins after say, it was Rubys decision, he felt that Douvan would be better suited to the CC as this is has been his target..

I find it strange that it is not reported anywhere what Ruby originally decided to run in the CC, and strange that if Ricci felt there was an opportunity in the Ryanair why hasnt he sent one of them there.. If "Douvan is Douvan" why did it take Ruby an hour and a half to contemplate the decision

I honestly think there was something strange about this whole saga and it leads me to believe Ruby actually preferred Min ..

Anyway, trends, speed ratings, ground, preparation for this race all still strongly point me towards Min and bookmakers still lay me 4/1 each way im taking that all day long

I need therapy

Comment

• Only bet in this is a £10 freebie from 365.So its £5 E/W on Politologue

Comment

• Patrick Mullins on Douvan, no switch for Townend. Interesting.
            Last edited by giantchelsea; 14 March 2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Douvan drifting like a barge, connections presumably thought Ruby was integral to his chance

Comment

• giantchelsea - agreed!

Even more interesting is why Min is 3.8 on the exchanges and Douvan is 7.2 !

Altior out to 2.12 !

All of your Altior believers should be getting the mortgage on! I couldnt, id be frightened to death of Min

Comment

• I dont think so Douvan has been weak all morning .. Ruby never chose to ride Douvan .. he chose Min im so sure of it

Comment

• Originally posted by DBUK View Post
                    I dont think so Douvan has been weak all morning .. Ruby never chose to ride Douvan .. he chose Min im so sure of it
                    Rich Ricci has just said he couldn't believe Ruby picked Douvan, and that he thinks Min beats Douvan today.

Comment

• BS .. all day long he has been beating the jungle drum that if Ruby doesnt ride Douvan he wont run because Douvan will piss all over Min now he is saying he thinks Min beats Douvan today .. that fella is so full of hot air.. even remember Willie saying he would point Ruby towards Min .. what was all the saga about switching to Ryanair about then.. whole situation cracks me up!

Cheers for sharing mate, where did you read that?

Comment

• Originally posted by DBUK View Post
                        BS .. all day long he has been beating the jungle drum that if Ruby doesnt ride Douvan he wont run because Douvan will piss all over Min now he is saying he thinks Min beats Douvan today .. that fella is so full of hot air.. even remember Willie saying he would point Ruby towards Min .. what was all the saga about switching to Ryanair about then.. whole situation cracks me up!

Cheers for sharing mate, where did you read that?
                        He just said it on RUK. Said it with a straight face too.

Comment

• Unbelievable race, altior up in trip next season?
                          What a horse how did he win that.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Great shame about Douvan. He had travelled and jumped really well. In the history of the sport there can't have been too many horses consistently as strong as Altior from the last obstacle.

Comment

• Simply A Brilliant Horse, put my Min in his place and Altior will go down as one of the greats...

Can't see anything that can beat him next season...
                              Last edited by Sirbetalot; 14 March 2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• As a Min fan I am happy to concede once and for all that Altior is better than him, but Douvan, well that's another story, he was absolutely flying along until that error, at least he got up though

Comment

Working...
                                X