Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Qmcc is a very interesting market now.
    Great field pushed out to 20s with pp, and is out until atleast the spring
    Bit of a conundrum. The news about Altior has changed things around in my opinion. Before that I would have said they would have chanced Min in this, and pushed Douvan up in trip. However, if Altior doesn't make it (or doesn't show some spark during a prep run) then I think Douvan will run here. He's comfortably got the beating of Fox Norton at his best, and we are told he's now functioning at that level again. Min is still the pretender really, so could make sense that he will take in the Ryanair this year, especially with comments from Ruby about him being a stayer

Comment

• I was sure Min would be in the QMCC however the Altior news is not a positive. Id imagine Douvan to be the horse for this now.

Hadn't seen any Min stepping up in trip quotes until the Altior news was broke.

Couldn't back Altior in this without a prep run.

Comment

• Douvan to win any race at 11/4 with Hills might be a good bet given uncertainty regarding his target (I notice Paddys have removed him from that market for some reason). He’s 11/4 just for this race with Paddy and 3s with Hills. Impossible to predict where Douvan, Min, Djakadam (would have a good chance in Ryanair) and Yorkhill are going so it’s a case for me of just backing the horses you would fancy to win any race. Have got Yorkhill covered in that market but tempted by Douvan also. As an aside I would be all over Yorkhill for the Champion Chase, if I was Wylie I’d demand he go there rather than Gold Cup

Comment

• Solved it. Min and Yorkhill Champion Chase, Djakadam Ryanair, Douvan Gold Cup. Everyone happy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
            Bit of a conundrum. The news about Altior has changed things around in my opinion. Before that I would have said they would have chanced Min in this, and pushed Douvan up in trip. However, if Altior doesn't make it (or doesn't show some spark during a prep run) then I think Douvan will run here. He's comfortably got the beating of Fox Norton at his best, and we are told he's now functioning at that level again. Min is still the pretender really, so could make sense that he will take in the Ryanair this year, especially with comments from Ruby about him being a stayer

Fox Norton is a complete different horse now from the one in the arkle. You'd have thought douvan would beat him But no gimme that he beats him very easily now.

No idea who runs at this stage but still happy with min ew. I knew the obvious risks when placing.
            If douvan does hose up in the tingle creek he will obviously get very short, if altior is 11/4< for this, the day of his return I'd be all over him as my second bet.
            Wouldn't have thought I'd be backing anything until then
            Last edited by Scooby91; 21 November 2017, 01:33 PM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Solved it. Min and Yorkhill Champion Chase, Djakadam Ryanair, Douvan Gold Cup. Everyone happy?
              Would Djakadam beat UDS in the Ryanair?

Comment

• Min entered in 2m 4 on saturday

Comment

Douvan to win any race at 11/4 with Hills might be a good bet given uncertainty regarding his target (I notice Paddys have removed him from that market for some reason). He’s 11/4 just for this race with Paddy and 3s with Hills. Impossible to predict where Douvan, Min, Djakadam (would have a good chance in Ryanair) and Yorkhill are going so it’s a case for me of just backing the horses you would fancy to win any race. Have got Yorkhill covered in that market but tempted by Douvan also. As an aside I would be all over Yorkhill for the Champion Chase, if I was Wylie I’d demand he go there rather than Gold Cup
                  I made a case for Douvan at 11/4 in the 'any race' thread and forgot all about it. With the Altior news that now seems an even more attractive option.

Going to give that plenty of thought as he'll be shorter in either race!

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
                    Would Djakadam beat UDS in the Ryanair?
                    On goodish ground i would back something to beat UDS, be it Douvan, Min, Fox Norton, Djakadam, Waiting Patiently

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I made a case for Douvan at 11/4 in the 'any race' thread and forgot all about it. With the Altior news that now seems an even more attractive option.

Going to give that plenty of thought as he'll be shorter in either race!
                      It's really tempting me, but had a pt on Douvan Champion Chase/Min Ryanair double the other day, just as tempted to top up on that seeing Min being entered over 2m 4

Comment

• Can't see Ricci without a Champion Chase runner, so if Min is to go up in trip you would have to think that Douvan comes here. No chance Douvan and Yorkhill will be pitched into the same race so you would assume that leaves Yorkhill to have a go at the Gold Cup

Comment

Fox Norton is a complete different horse now from the one in the arkle. You'd have thought douvan would beat him But no gimme that he beats him very easily now.

No idea who runs at this stage but still happy with min ew. I knew the obvious risks when placing.
                          If douvan does hose up in the tingle creek he will obviously get very short, if altior is 11/4< for this, the day of his return I'd be all over him as my second bet.
                          I wouldn't be having Fox Norton in this - he will either be facing Altior/Douvan or both, and whichever one he faces would have to be running well below par for him to get involved. I think he'd have a great chance in the Ryanair. Obviously Min being entered over 2m 4 in no way means he's bound for the Ryanair - i still think Altior is the key horse in all of this and all of Mullins' horses will slot in dependent on whether Altior is in the mix or not

Comment

• I wouldn't be having fox Norton in this either. But he's credible opposition in a tingle creek
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Like you i will be getting into Altior if he starts to drift. I'm confident the procedure is a small one, and if anything it might actually unleash some improvement in him

Comment

I wouldn't be having fox Norton in this either. But he's credible opposition in a tingle creek
                                Indeed, and will have an impact on how Douvan's season pans out as well i imagine

Comment

Working...
                                X