Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have an opinion on Elgin? If Bvd stays on its feet then it wins. But I the Mullins pair are ridden to try an beat him hen I see them falling in a hole. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elgin run up that hill for a place. I keep coming back to him. I may be going mad ��!!!!!!

Comment

• who will go wide on the ground ?
      will they all go over to that side ?

Comment

• This fantastic race was just an answer on the chase!
        Everybody is Cheltmental

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
          This fantastic race was just an answer on the chase!
          Everybody is Cheltmental
          They got it wrong though.
          hurricane fly the gold cup winner.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            It's going to be a very trappy race this. Atleast One of the mullins horses is going to go on with a big lead imo but will he come back to the field. Ie Wicklow brave at punchestown.

Will they send yorkhill on like a mad man? The others won't want to follow the move but he's too good to give a big lead and hope he comes back.

I can't see ruby dictating the race on faugheen and allowing buveur dair to get a nice toe in to the race.
            I could see DM trying to kick on with Yorkhill alright. It’s far from a penalty kick imo. For some reason this race sticks in my head - Faugheen winning over 3miles on heavy as a novice https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2qyNPB_RE
            Last edited by Old Vic; 12 March 2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
              I could see DM trying to kick on with Yorkhill alright. It’s far from a penalty kick imo. For some reason this race sticks in my head - Faugheen winning over 3miles on heavy as a novice https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2qyNPB_RE
              That was Faugheen doing his thing wasn't it? You have to think on the ground if 90% of the old him turned up they would all struggle to go with him, using headgear suggests to me they don't intend changing his running style, and they need to grind the finish out of BD

Comment

• Verdana blue a NR

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  That was Faugheen doing his thing wasn't it? You have to think on the ground if 90% of the old him turned up they would all struggle to go with him, using headgear suggests to me they don't intend changing his running style, and they need to grind the finish out of BD
                  Faugheens good run this year was on soft/heavy too. Most of BDAs form is on sof. His only win on heavy was in last years contenders at Sandown. Of the two I think Faugheen at this stage will benefit most from it being a slog in a bog. Also expect David Mullins to let Yorkhill bomb on rather than try and restrain him.

Comment

• I have several bets on Faugheen from last year, all at 6's, so I'm well covered, I've never really given up hope with those but I'm a huge Yorkhill fan, and if they do send him on I think they may struggle to get to him so, having said I won't be backing him I will cover him, ew just in case.
                    I have BD at13/8 in 3 bets with Footpad 7/4 and Altior 5/4 all going onto Native River 14's, Our Duke 14's and Double Shuffle 33's, so if the other 2 win he gives me a couple of good bets in the GC, but I have niggling doubts about all 3 hotpots the obvious one at the mo with Altior.
                    Back to this race now, if the Mullins mob can break BD, what chances of a 1 2 3, I think a small tricast is warranted covering Faugheen, Yorkhill and Wicklow Brave

Comment

• My Tent out

Comment

• I said it three weeks ago MrM. As you have, I've covered Buveur DAir and Altior in some multis and exotics with the other favs. They were all better prices back in November than their present odds. I hope that Ive got the main contenders covered. Time to relax and enjoy the sport we love. Good Luck to you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                          My Tent out
                          That's a bit of a sickener. Ground?

Comment

• "My Tent Or Yours is a non runner in the @unibet Champion Hurdle today on veterinary advice"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              "My Tent Or Yours is a non runner in the @unibet Champion Hurdle today on veterinary advice"
                              that's a shame, I did think he could finish second again..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                                that's a shame, I did think he could finish second again..
                                Could still be closer than C'bello

Comment

Working...
                                X