Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
    Faugheen 9.8 on the exchange currently, for me he just cant be right at that price so I feel if they aren't convinced about him in his work at home they wouldn't be against bringing Min here. Especially if Douvan is working well for the CC. Anyone else think this could happen, or am I looking for angles that aren't there?
    I think your looking at something that isn't there. Don't forget the exchange is a win only price. They have kept min in the CH ofcourse so it's not impossible.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• There has never been any talk of Min reverting back to hurdles apart from people like us (to my knowledge)

Yorkhill we know has been talked about and has schooled over hurdles so I would think any switch would be Yorkhill here and Min to the Ryanair

Comment

• Remember Willie already has a very strong favourite for the ryanair, so he'll likely want something to give him a decent chance in the champion (a bigger race). If Faugheen and/or Yorkhill aren't working the house down then Min is a great option (assuming he's been schooled over hurdles at home). Still don't think it will happen but have Min at fancy prices for the champion hurdle, and also a lovely min champ hurdle/douvan champ chase double at a massive price

Comment

• There is definitely the feeling that they feel there only chance of beating Altior is with Douvan.

But I still feel Douvan won't make it so MIN will stay put.

Comment

• Have taken the 12s NRNB for Min with 365. Will be a fraction of that if he actually runs.

Comment

• Went in on Charli w/o BD again lol . 34/1 e/w. Min, Apples and York will most likely drop out. Who else can get 4th place ?.
              BD comes off the pace, MTOY comes off the pace, Faugheen might make the running, but he could bomb out.

Charli to make the running and hold on to 4th ? very possible, no ?

Comment

• I can see why 12/1 NRNB is appealing for Min. Usually I would back things like that (and might still to be fair as I keep getting non runner money returned)....

but it is incredibly unlikely. I think it is the least likely of all of the switches though. Min has had a "perfect season" over fences.

They already have Faugheen, Yorkhill, Wicklow Brave and Melon in the race...that is plenty of chances to pick up the pieces.

IF we're predicting a Mullins last minute "switch" I'd still think it'll be with a novice hurdler... not a horse with a "perfect prep" going in to the Champion Chase?

Comment

• I would give Min a better chance of beating Buveur D’air than Faugheen, Yorkhill, Melon and Wicklow Brave. He’s already beaten him. Very unlikely he lines up as it would mean both Faugheen and Yorkhill working poorly at home, but 12s nrnb is a no brainer. He’d go off 4s at best if lining up

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    I would give Min a better chance of beating Buveur D’air than Faugheen, Yorkhill, Melon and Wicklow Brave. He’s already beaten him. Very unlikely he lines up as it would mean both Faugheen and Yorkhill working poorly at home, but 12s nrnb is a no brainer. He’d go off 4s at best if lining up
                    Yeah I agree with the bet.

I don't personally believe the 2nd and 3rd in the Supreme is relevant form anymore however it certainly isn't a negative for Min either way... and as a BVD backer it is an unknown that I certainly don't want tested!

I'd prefer Yorkhill not to be here either for similar reasons but obviously less worried about Yorkhill that I would be Min this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Yeah I agree with the bet.

I don't personally believe the 2nd and 3rd in the Supreme is relevant form anymore however it certainly isn't a negative for Min either way... and as a BVD backer it is an unknown that I certainly don't want tested!

I'd prefer Yorkhill not to be here either for similar reasons but obviously less worried about Yorkhill that I would be Min this season.
                      Haven’t fancied Buveur d’air that much this season but he’s as big a favourite now as he has been all year imo. Min could trouble him, if Min doesn’t run he wins I think, simple as that. Him and geraghty will be putting every ounce into this run, can discount the races he’s been winning on the bridle til now when neither horse nor jockey have really been interested

Comment

• Faugheen to wear cheekpieces!

Comment

• Yorkhill not jocked up...

Faugheen, Wicklow Brave and Melon are?

BoF?

Paul on Melon

Patrick Mullins on Wicklow Brave...

Yorkhill????
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 March 2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• ^ Just saw this as well. Yorkhill a NR?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
                              ^ Just saw this as well. Yorkhill a NR?
                              Or Ruby makes late switch with Faugheen going to Stayers

Comment

• David Mullins on Yorkhill?

Comment

Working...
                                X