Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
    So guys -im bringing up charli parcs again here sorry. I want to know how sure this pacemaker thing is. I am convinved that with headgear etc Charli might hang onto some places here. Do you not think he can run the race of his life (For once) and finish in the frame.
    I also have interest in the champion hurdle without fav markets. Overturn , peddlers cross, arctic fire, countrywide flame
    Id like to see him in the county. Not a bad weight either

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
      Id like to see him in the county. Not a bad weight either
      Me too! Give him exactly zero chance in the CH!

Comment

• Noel Fehily confirmed to ride Charli Parcs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
          Noel Fehily confirmed to ride Charli Parcs.
          strange decision to put charli parcs in champion hurdle, there's going to be more runners than needed in this already as Willie may run 4, and I'm pretty sure the pace would be guaranteed if Faugheen runs. Maybe they pull charlie out on the day ? and he's in just in case, or do they think that if he sacrifices himself just to spoil Faugheen having the lead or having it on his own, that Faugheen will down tools (repeat of xmas run) .
          Can't see why you need more horses getting in Fav's way though, just to guarantee a good gallop.
          he's 2-5 for fuck sake, keep it simple.

Comment

• I know - they havent even said charli was a maybe for the handicaps. Its full on confirmation.
            I think they made a mistake putting barry on BVD anyway, Noel is far better jockey at the moment. Its hard to think Noel would be used as a pacemaker aswell. Noel won the race on BVD last year didnt he because of Mark walsh injury, from memory ?
            I really do fancy him, just gutted STIbet have awful without faourite odds. The more I type in here, the more i am up for the bet.

Have they mentioned about headgear for charli ?

Comment

• Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
              I know - they havent even said charli was a maybe for the handicaps. Its full on confirmation.
              I think they made a mistake putting barry on BVD anyway, Noel is far better jockey at the moment. Its hard to think Noel would be used as a pacemaker aswell. Noel won the race on BVD last year didnt he because of Mark walsh injury, from memory ?
              I really do fancy him, just gutted STIbet have awful without faourite odds. The more I type in here, the more i am up for the bet.

Have they mentioned about headgear for charli ?
              He can only be in here for pacemaking or spoiling tactics, and Fehily is obviously available. Agree about the jockey's though. Geraghty is one of the reasons the Fav might get beat

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                He can only be in here for pacemaking or spoiling tactics, and Fehily is obviously available. Agree about the jockey's though. Geraghty is one of the reasons the Fav might get beat
                Barry who is 5 from 5 on him?
                Barry who has won the Champion Hurdle on Punjabi and Jezki?

Give it a rest with this Barry Geraghty thing already

I've got a little bit on Charli at 50/1 without BVD - must be a good thing if Fehily is so much better than him

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Barry who is 5 from 5 on him?
                  Barry who has won the Champion Hurdle on Punjabi and Jezki?

Give it a rest with this Barry Geraghty thing already

I've got a little bit on Charli at 50/1 without BVD - must be a good thing if Fehily is so much better than him
                  Yep, it's my bag the geraghty thing, and up to me how much I factor in the jockey's form and ability when making a bet.
                  But don't forget that Jockeys are like horses and will at some point start going downhill, they will also be affected by injuries and their mindset can make a difference also, so past glories are not entirely relevant, neither is jogging around on a long odds on shot that can work it's own way over fences/hurdles.
                  We spend so much time on horses and why they will or won't perform when the jockey is equally important.
                  I think Barry was badly affected after his injuries in the last 18 months, and I think he is often too careful approaching fences and hurdles these days, I think he also goes wide an awful lot to get a clear sight and his hold up tactics (probably his caution) has cost him a few times on the better horses.
                  There are very few races in last year or two where I think he's won on not the best horse. And last Saturday was the first big handicap I can recall him winning for a while.
                  both brian Cooper and Harry Derham have admitted recently to having lost their bottle a bit after injuries so whilst they are younger and less experienced it don't mean Barry is infallible.

Comment

• Maybe the Charlie Parcs idea is to counteract whatever the Mullins thinking is by putting headgear on Faugheen, if they think that sharpens him up enough to reignite his old flame perhaps Hendo wants a spoiler in there just in case it works. Personally if we see a reinvigorated Faugheen I don't think BD would get near him with any extra tactics but he hasn't looked the same animal in his last 2 runs so that's a long shot. Would be great to see though, except for BD backers, but not expecting it

Comment

• CP in as a pacemaker only.

Comment

• Yorkhill confirmed as going for the champion hurdle unless UDS gets injured

From Graham Wylie at the preview evening at Newcastle...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="de" dir="ltr">Under starters orders <a href="https://twitter.com/NewcastleRaces?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NewcastleRace s</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cheltfestpreview?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#cheltfestpreview</a> <a href="https://t.co/jZJCIhRlWr">pic.twitter.com/jZJCIhRlWr</a></p>&mdash; Liam Hedgecock (@liam_hedgecock) <a href="https://twitter.com/liam_hedgecock/status/971095994564857857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 6 March 2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Yorkhill conformed as going for the champion hurdle unless UDS gets injured
                          Big decision for Ruby..he loves both Faugheen and Yorkhill.

Comment

• Surely it's a no brainer for Ruby.

You have (possibly) the best hurdler since Istabraq vs a horse who has been beaten 50+ lengths in his last two races and hasn't run over hurdles for two years.

1/10fav that he rides Faugheen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Surely it's a no brainer for Ruby.

You have (possibly) the best hurdler since Istabraq vs a horse who has been beaten 50+ lengths in his last two races and hasn't run over hurdles for two years.

1/10fav that he rides Faugheen.
                              I wouldn’t disagree but he absolutely loves Yorkhill.

Comment

• I'd take it as a bigger positive for Un De Sceaux than Faugheen too.... not that bold, but reading between the lines... *(and to be fair, the actual reading on the lines)... suggests UDS has more chance than Faugheen

Comment

Working...
                                X