Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing post novice chase.
    Same race. Min douvan.... won
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Looks pretty simple to work out.
      Footpad
      Sceau royal
      Petit mouchoir
      Northill Harvey
      Brainpower

50/1 bar.
      Got the top two in the market covered, but I wouldn’t be totally convinced the winner comes from that lot. Think we’ll see plenty of switching targets between now and March

Comment

• Not convinced Footpad is a definite for the Arkle after that showing from Sceau Royal. With the threat of Finians Oscar no longer present, Death Duty not being the fastest of horses, and with Willoughby Court unlikely to scare away any opposition, the JLT looks wide open for him.

Of course a lot of this depends on how well he and Sceau Royal perform between now and then, if Sceau Royal can build on that performance then every chance we see them split up I think. They tried to make a 3 miler out of Footpad over hurdles, so he looks the one more likely to step up if that is the case. Having said that, if Willie wants to run Footpad in the Arkle then he's running in the Arkle.

I hope Footpad goes for the Arkle, would a bigger hit to me than Annamix, but I've had a couple of pts on at 14/1 for the JLT just in case.

Comment

• Really want to smash into Petit Mouchoir at 12/1! Just can't bring myself to do it considering he won't be back until the Irish Arkle in Feb. Won't need much to go wrong to miss everything. But will surely be fav if he comes back fit and well.

Comment

• Anthony Bromley, racing manager to Munir and Souede, said: "We have history before of running two in a Cheltenham race. If they both keep going as they have been up to now we couldn't keep them apart because we're talking about the Arkle."

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Anthony Bromley, racing manager to Munir and Souede, said: "We have history before of running two in a Cheltenham race. If they both keep going as they have been up to now we couldn't keep them apart because we're talking about the Arkle."
              Good to hear, thanks for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                Good to hear, thanks for that.
                Thought that would be music to your ears mate

Comment

• Can't have any doubts that Footpad goes here now can we?

Those comments seem pretty clear from Bromley and Mullins/Ruby don't have an obvious alternative?

The JLT does look a deeper race too....

Mullins also quoted as saying they'll try to make him an Arkle horse as well, although he did offer up the Drinmore as a possibility and that he did get 2m4f over hurdles.

Think I posted this recently but need it for my own records ayway - Staked 31 pts in total (including the 10 pts lost on FO). I'll still come out of this race ahead if any of the first 5 in the market win which is some consolation though - best results are now PM 53 pts, Footpad 47 pts and Sceau Royal 42 pts, Brain Power 39 pts and NHH 34 pts

Have some nice Gigginstown related multiples with PM, some nice Footpad ones for day 1 in particular but I might look at expanding my multiples that have Footpad in..... as with a gun to my head, I'd say he was the most likely winner now (no prizes for originality) but I think I under-estimated the quotes on the target.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Can't have any doubts that Footpad goes here now can we?

Those comments seem pretty clear from Bromley and Mullins/Ruby don't have an obvious alternative?

The JLT does look a deeper race too....

Mullins also quoted as saying they'll try to make him an Arkle horse as well, although he did offer up the Drinmore as a possibility and that he did get 2m4f over hurdles.

Think I posted this recently but need it for my own records ayway - Staked 31 pts in total (including the 10 pts lost on FO). I'll still come out of this race ahead if any of the first 5 in the market win which is some consolation though - best results are now PM 53 pts, Footpad 47 pts and Sceau Royal 42 pts, Brain Power 39 pts and NHH 34 pts

Have some nice Gigginstown related multiples with PM, some nice Footpad ones for day 1 in particular but I might look at expanding my multiples that have Footpad in..... as with a gun to my head, I'd say he was the most likely winner now (no prizes for originality) but I think I under-estimated the quotes on the target.
                    Personally kev. I think there is a way pm or fp go for the jlt. I think the jlt is very open now. If PM does make it to Feb. And 1 of the 2 brushes the other aside . I could see the loser going jlt. May not be the case but it would make sense to me. I think any of the first 3 in the arkle betting would win the jlt currently. Thats why i covered jlt at 3 figures for all the horses bar NHH that were declared for yesterdays race. That race yesterday was very strong all the way through to the last horse. The reason I wanted FO to stay over 2m4 is because I thought he would have a cracking chance in the the jlt and very little in the arkle. I see both the market leaders now which I have DD at 20/1 as beatable (spring ground) and WC at 16s as very beatable. Finians is now skipping straight up to the rsa because tizzards made a mess of that. I really hope Sutton place gets back and comes out before the middle of january because he'd be very likely to brush these aside in the jlt for me. If not i wouldnt be shocked if one of the beaten horses. Capitaine/ brainpower went and won the jlt.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Still wounded by how I saw this so wrong! Put my faith in Tizzard I guess but it’s a lesson to back your own eyes and judgement as to what you see before you. On reflection all Finians runs suggested he was a 2m 4 plus horse. Had most on him any race which at least means all hope isn’t lost. Footpad is my main winner here but again got some on any race. Sceau Royal and Brain Power aren’t for me getting up the hill at Cheltenham so will probably just leave it at Footpad and Petit Mouchoir and hope they’re kept apart before Cheltenham and both aimed here

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Personally kev. I think there is a way pm or fp go for the jlt. I think the jlt is very open now. If PM does make it to Feb. And 1 of the 2 brushes the other aside . I could see the loser going jlt. May not be the case but it would make sense to me. I think any of the first 3 in the arkle betting would win the jlt currently. Thats why i covered jlt at 3 figures for all the horses bar NHH that were declared for yesterdays race. That race yesterday was very strong all the way through to the last horse. The reason I wanted FO to stay over 2m4 is because I thought he would have a cracking chance in the the jlt and very little in the arkle. I see both the market leaders now which I have DD at 20/1 as beatable (spring ground) and WC at 16s as very beatable. Finians is now skipping straight up to the rsa because tizzards made a mess of that. I really hope Sutton place gets back and comes out before the middle of january because he'd be very likely to brush these aside in the jlt for me. If not i wouldnt be shocked if one of the beaten horses. Capitaine/ brainpower went and won the jlt.
                        I think the novice chasers that were gong further than 2 miles were always going to stronger than any of the 2m horses this year ... certainly based on their hurdle novice ratings.

As competitive as yesterdays race was, I don't think we can say its a great crop of 2m novice chasers ... so I'd expect Capitaine and brain power well beaten in a JLT.

Without Fp and PM who weren't novice hurdlers, the top rated novice hurdlers than have gone chasing all were putting in better figures over further (bar Labaik).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          I think the novice chasers that were gong further than 2 miles were always going to stronger than any of the 2m horses this year ... certainly based on their hurdle novice ratings.

As competitive as yesterdays race was, I don't think we can say its a great crop of 2m novice chasers ... so I'd expect Capitaine and brain power well beaten in a JLT.

Without Fp and PM who weren't novice hurdlers, the top rated novice hurdlers than have gone chasing all were putting in better figures over further (bar Labaik).
                          I honestly think its the best most competative 2 mile crop in a long time.
                          With all respect i wouldn't agree with any of that lol.
                          But thats why we have a betting market
                          The jlt is there for the taking
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• That was the 'hottest' two mile novice chase of the season.

Sceau Royal pretty much blew them all away, still think 9-1 underestimates the horses chances.

Finians disappointing effort seems to be overshadowing the winners performance IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                              That was the 'hottest' two mile novice chase of the season.

Sceau Royal pretty much blew them all away, still think 9-1 underestimates the horses chances.

Finians disappointing effort seems to be overshadowing the winners performance IMO.
                              I went back in at 9/1 ew sceau royal after the race. I wouldn't knock that bet at all.

Comment

• Most competitive doesn't mean it's the best class though does it?

The mares race at chelt was arguably the most competitive... but those 3 weren't the best 3 hurdlers... it just meant they were in the same division.

NHH, SR, BP, Capitaine .... you have then ahead of DD, WC and FO over further? I'd certainly not be integrated at best price 12/1 for them... can understand having a flutter at a bigger price but they're all way too short for me

Monalee and Bacardys would also be higher on my list for the JLT than SR or NHH or BP or Capitaine? ..... plus Modus

Comment

Working...
                                X