Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost as good as Vautour in that JLT.. If he puts in a round like that at the festival nothing will get near him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
      Almost as good as Vautour in that JLT.. If he puts in a round like that at the festival nothing will get near him.
      Good job you put nearly ... can't compare that JLT to this race but if he puts in a performance on Spring ground at Cheltenham he might make it a 1 horse race!

Today though he's only beaten DD who it is surely impossible to argue doesn't want further and the rest were double figure odds.

That said, absolutely the one to beat in the Arkle and only a MASSIVE come back run from PM in the Irish Arkle would affect my position in the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Good job you put nearly ... can't compare that JLT to this race but if he puts in a performance on Spring ground at Cheltenham he might make it a 1 horse race!

Today though he's only beaten DD who it is surely impossible to argue doesn't want further and the rest were double figure odds.

That said, absolutely the one to beat in the Arkle and only a MASSIVE come back run from PM in the Irish Arkle would affect my position in the race.
        Don't worry Kev, no matter what Footpad does I don't think anything will ever impress me as much as Vautour did that day

Yeah I don't want to get carried away, and I know its easy to pick holes in the form, but my god he makes it look so easy. Death Duty was 6/1 favourite for the JLT coming into today, which is only run over 3f further. Surely those extra 3f don't bring out that much improvement in him? They didn't go a crazy 2 mile clip either, so DD should have been able to run near his best level of form imo.

Footpad jumped them ragged, and after just 2 runs over fences, and as a 5 year old, he still looks open to plenty of improvement.

Comment

• With Footpad and Sceau Royal having the same owner,Which one goes for the JLT?

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
            With Footpad and Sceau Royal having the same owner,Which one goes for the JLT?
            Neither of them.
            Both jump extremely well at pace. Have good cruising speeds. Have ruby and Daryl Jacob on board and have cracking chances in the arkle.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 29 December 2017, 08:43 AM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Neither of them.
              Both jump extremely well at pace. Have good cruising speeds. Have ruby and Daryl Jacob on board and have cracking chances in the arkle.
              As much as I'd like to see them split up, I can't see it. SR is an out and out 2 miler and he'll be heading for the Arkle.

If you split them up there'd be a danger of missing out on winning either race.

Comment

• I think PP being 10/1 top price about Footpad for the JLT is a good enough indicator. Novice chasing isn't the be all and end all so they may split them up next year but unlike other owners you wouldn't assume they'll split them up.

You can get 76/1 for the double if you do want to cover it though ..... that is the kind of bet I usually put "free bets" on ....

Comment

• De Bromhead said: "Petit Mouchoir is good and he is hacking away at the moment.

"We are still aiming him towards the Irish Arkle on February 3.

"We've certainly not forgotten about him and we are working away at home with him.

"We are very happy with where we are."

Comment

De Bromhead said: "Petit Mouchoir is good and he is hacking away at the moment.

"We are still aiming him towards the Irish Arkle on February 3.

"We've certainly not forgotten about him and we are working away at home with him.

"We are very happy with where we are."
                    This is very pleasing to hear.

Comment

• When will we see RIVER WYLDE back on track?

He’s just coming back in to fast work now and obviously wasn’t quite right at Cheltenham last time. Nico came back in and said he made a small noise so we’ve cauterized his palate which is a very minor wind procedure and I hope to get him back on track for the Arkle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                        When will we see RIVER WYLDE back on track?

He’s just coming back in to fast work now and obviously wasn’t quite right at Cheltenham last time. Nico came back in and said he made a small noise so we’ve cauterized his palate which is a very minor wind procedure and I hope to get him back on track for the Arkle.
                        Good news !

Comment

• Yes that’s good to hear. He’s somewhat of a forgotten horse for the Arkle and could look a big price if he comes out and runs a tidy prep.

Comment

• Nicky Hendo on Brain Power....

Many people have been asking about BRAIN POWER and where he might go next and I can tell you we have a couple of options. He is in a race next week which is worth about 3k or we could go to Ascot for the Clarence House Chase for 150k on 20th January and to be honest I’m definitely more tempted to go there.

It will be against the older horses but you usually only get four or five runners and with Un De Sceaux a possible contender the race is likely to be run at a decent gallop. He wants dropping in and doesn’t want to be doing silly things like going out and making the running like he did at Sandown.

It was the wrong way to ride him in the Henry VIII Novice Chase so a good gallop around Ascot might well suit him better than if you run in a small four runner novice at a little track. There’s nowhere else to go really as there is no 2m Novice chase at Sandown, Newbury, Kempton, Ascot or anywhere so we may have to go up against the big guys. He jumps excellent and schools great so I’ve got no worries on that front. The Arkle is obviously where we’d like to end up.
                            I like his bullish 2m novice chase plans!

I would not know what to do if Brain Power beat UDS. That would blow my little mind.
                            In terms of the Arkle, having experience running at the pace UDS will go won't do him any harm at all?

Comment

Nicky Hendo on Brain Power....

I like his bullish 2m novice chase plans!

I would not know what to do if Brain Power beat UDS. That would blow my little mind.
                              In terms of the Arkle, having experience running at the pace UDS will go won't do him any harm at all?
                              I don't mind him going there. Depends on the ground I'd be assuming it will be on the soft side but if not he won't be far away from un de sceaux imo.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                I don't mind him going there. Depends on the ground I'd be assuming it will be on the soft side but if not he won't be far away from un de sceaux imo.
                                I don't think they'd bring UDS over for anything better than soft ground. If they wanted to run him on ground that didn't suit they could find a race closer to home

Comment

Working...
                                X