Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I think a fair few of us are on SR at big prices but I wouldn't be confident of him beating PM or Footpad.

From a personal point of view I hope they run Footpad in the JLT but not sure that'll happen.
    Fp pm are huge wins for myself . I had a bit on sceau royal to be still a winner for my book. But I placed a sizable ew bet after the race on SR at 9/1 it's too big for what he's achieved. I wouldn't be shocked if he won.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 12 December 2017, 05:44 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I wouldn't be shocked, but on the other hand, wouldn't be confident about his chances either.

NHH interests me at the current prices.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked, but on the other hand, wouldn't be confident about his chances either.

Wouldn't knock that at all ew. Close to pulling the trigger myself.
        But I have him covered win only and can wait for now.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked, but on the other hand, wouldn't be confident about his chances either.

Yeah I can see that, at 20/1 with the angle of him being better at Cheltenham and his previous win over SR there are worse 20/1 shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Wouldn't knock that at all ew. Close to pulling the trigger myself.
            But I have him covered win only and can wait for now.
            Exactly the same... although I might not wait .... or will I.

hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

hmmmm
              Waiting for footpads run myself. If he somehow diddnt win I'd back it. If he does win well. Could even touch 25/1 or 20/1 1/4

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

hmmmm
                Only just noticed 20/1 gone for me.

Comment

• I was hoping for the 1/4 ew terms at 20/1 but just noticed the 20/1 has almost gone.

Took 20/1 ew with Baldy

Comment

I was hoping for the 1/4 ew terms at 20/1 but just noticed the 20/1 has almost gone.

Took 20/1 ew with Baldy
                    DId you have anything on before that?

I've got 1 pt win 33/1 and can't decide what to do - I never usually take this much time which I am taking as a bad sign lol

They're 20/1 River Wylde and Willoughby Court .... that is enough to convince me that they deserve to be punished.
                    Last edited by Kevloaf; 12 December 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• That's my first bet on him Kev. It's the EW angle that I like, as recent Arkle's have been short of runners and there could easily be less than 8 runners.

I have a winning bet slip too pick up from Betfred so might put that on him too if he is still 20/1 tomorrow.

Comment

• Footpad for me has been impressive and have it well backed, but as fair as my bets go PM coming back strong and winning would be the best scenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                          Is 25/1 e/w Movewiththetimesthe worst thing in the world here?

He ran really well over 2m4f but was outstayed by Finians. I'd be pretty sure he'd have the tow to go 2m and he will improve again with more chase experience.

Nichols is someone I love training chasers and I just can't write his one off into handicaps just yet.

If they could get a run into him over Christmas/New Year then one more novice chase early Feb to put him spot on, I'd like his chances. This does not look a renewal with a superstar. I cannot believe Footpad is fav- can't have him winning this whatsoever.
                          Been thinking this myself Al Ferof, !!. ( re- m.w.t.times.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                            Been thinking this myself Al Ferof, !!. ( re- m.w.t.times.)
                            It's a speculative one and comes with risks attached, but he is very lightly raced and having watched his few runs last season and this season he strikes me as quietly progressive.

Looks set to run at 2m 4f again next but Paul Nicholls has always said he likes his Arkle runners to stay further than 2 because of the test you get at Cheltenham. When you look at horses who win or place in Arkles (or QMCCs) you have the likes of Sprinter Sacre (won at 2m 4f), Cue Card (won over all trips up to 3m), Captain Chris, Un De Sceaux, Gods Own, Sizing John, Sizing Europe, Menorah, Champagne Fever, Tidal Bay, Fox Norton. They all ended up going further!

He won't be the last horse to lose a battle with Finians Oscar up the Chelts hill and I think he will go on improving, hence why he's my long shot at this race.

Comment

• Jonny Ward likes Movewiththetimes on FFP, Al Ferof.

Says 25/1 is a good bet...

I would have reservations about the target but agree with your 'staying further' points...

and I had already backed him at 25/1 a while ago.

Comment

• Brelade done nothing for the Footpad or Petit Mouchoir form there... got beaten just as easily by Castlegrace Paddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X