Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair performance from BP , not swayed me either way yet.

Comment

• Thinking out loud.... and thinking just about the Hendo pair.... Brain Power and River Wylde..... despite the negatives around going left handed and Cheltenham..... Brain Power has crushed War Sound today, and River Wylde doesn't have anywhere near as much in hand ..... going left handed he'd need to be loads worse.... and even then, would he still be far too good for River Wylde? I think he probably would, which does put him as an alright punt now before we do get to see him tested left handed over a fence?

If he isn't any good left handed then you'll lose, but double figures (12/1) might be worth the gamble at this stage?

Comment

• If you owned Brain Power then surely you would want to see him at a left handed track next up? Rather than another romp at kempton. If he doesn’t impress then skip the festival and target a decent pot as a fresh horse elsewhere. I know the festival is increasingly the be all and end all but his wins have come at Ascot, Sandown and Kempton, all miles away from what he’ll be experiencing at Cheltenham

Comment

• Best RPR left-handed 147, right-handed 162.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
            If you owned Brain Power then surely you would want to see him at a left handed track next up? Rather than another romp at kempton. If he doesn’t impress then skip the festival and target a decent pot as a fresh horse elsewhere. I know the festival is increasingly the be all and end all but his wins have come at Ascot, Sandown and Kempton, all miles away from what he’ll be experiencing at Cheltenham
            Yeah I would, and I think they will ..... some horses are (somewhat inexplicably) better one way round..... Yorkhill

Comment

• If he needs right handed Hendo will take him to Punchestown

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Thinking out loud.... and thinking just about the Hendo pair.... Brain Power and River Wylde..... despite the negatives around going left handed and Cheltenham..... Brain Power has crushed War Sound today, and River Wylde doesn't have anywhere near as much in hand ..... going left handed he'd need to be loads worse.... and even then, would he still be far too good for River Wylde? I think he probably would, which does put him as an alright punt now before we do get to see him tested left handed over a fence?

If he isn't any good left handed then you'll lose, but double figures (12/1) might be worth the gamble at this stage?
                I certainly think so Kev, but then again my pts were only spread over two runners prior to today so I have that bit more flexibility.

When he goes and wins the Wayward Lad back at Kempton, he should be well into single figures by then. He showed me enough today to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to racing left-handed. With doubts hanging over one of my Arkle horses in Petit Mouchoir, this presented itself as a great opportunity to add some backup for Footpad, who I'm expecting a big performance from at Leopardstown over Christmas and solidify himself as the Arkle banker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                  If you owned Brain Power then surely you would want to see him at a left handed track next up? Rather than another romp at kempton. If he doesn’t impress then skip the festival and target a decent pot as a fresh horse elsewhere. I know the festival is increasingly the be all and end all but his wins have come at Ascot, Sandown and Kempton, all miles away from what he’ll be experiencing at Cheltenham
                  I doubt it's even entered hendersons mind about going right handed. Time will tell but I genuinely don't see it.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• 12/1 gone on Brain Power.

Didn't people say the same about Tea For Two until he won the Aintree Bowl? Does Brain Power really need to go right-handed, or is it just a coincidence that his best performances have come on right-handed tracks? It's not a similar case to Yorkhill who jumps violently to the left, Brain Power jumped straight as an arrow today.

I'd be more worried of his jumping because of the undulations at Cheltenham - particularly the third last on a downhill slope - rather than the track configuration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Montjeu View Post
                      12/1 gone on Brain Power.

Didn't people say the same about Tea For Two until he won the Aintree Bowl? Does Brain Power really need to go right-handed, or is it just a coincidence that his best performances have come on right-handed tracks? It's not a similar case to Yorkhill who jumps violently to the left, Brain Power jumped straight as an arrow today.

I'd be more worried of his jumping because of the undulations at Cheltenham - particularly the third last on a downhill slope - rather than the track configuration.
                      Valid points, no hint of jumping to the right. All the named tracks that he’s won on are not only right handed but also pretty flat. In both of his races at Cheltenham he’s actually travelled well early in the race before finding little off the bridle. Maybe the undulations take it out of him. Be lovely if they send him to festival trials day

Comment

• Plenty of horses are much better going a certain way round, without showing signs of jumping to the left or right.

He's got a few lengths to make up with Footpad and Petit on their Champion Hurdle runs, which I struggle to see happening.

I don't think they have an Arkle trial at Cheltenham in trials day Robante - it sounds like he'll be heading to Newbury in Feb, which will at least test him left handed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Plenty of horses are much better going a certain way round, without showing signs of jumping to the left or right.

He's got a few lengths to make up with Footpad and Petit on their Champion Hurdle runs, which I struggle to see happening.

I don't think they have an Arkle trial at Cheltenham in trials day Robante - it sounds like he'll be heading to Newbury in Feb, which will at least test him left handed.
                          You’re right they don’t. Newbury would be a little more revealing but same as you I don’t see why he’d turn that Cheltenham form round with Footpad or Petit Mouchoir, both of whom have shown they can jump a fence as well as Brain Power

Comment

• Movewiththetimes entered up for Monday at Plumpton - 2m chase .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                              Movewiththetimes entered up for Monday at Plumpton - 2m chase .
                              Movewiththetimes for the arkle was one of my first bets this year, but thankfully I also had him to win any race, every chance he'll be laid out for a handicap now

Comment

• Movewiththetimes one I really fancy for the Close Brothers if he can keep his weight down. As it stands he can't get in off 146, hopefully JP is thinking the same way as I am and instructs Barry accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X