Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    I agree Scooby. Not much strength in depth at this stage. I think Petit Mouchoir looks the value at double the price of Footpad. But can't bring myself to back him until we know he's ok.
    Can certainly see the value in PM compared to Footpad. He's drifted out to the price he was before he ran almost. I'm not tempted to go in again though until a reappearance possibly

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      2m racing post novice chase at leopardstown over Christmas up next for footpad. A good win should take him 7/2 < for the arkle.
      7/2 for the Arkle, then about an hour later on the TV Willie will mention about stepping him up in trip possibly

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        7/2 for the Arkle, then about an hour later on the TV Willie will mention about stepping him up in trip possibly
        I'm really looking forward to the clash between Footpad and Finian's Oscar ....

In the JLT

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I'm really looking forward to the clash between Footpad and Finian's Oscar ....

In the JLT
          I can definitely see one of them going there 'IF' PM is fit, otherwise you've got some race in the Arkle and there can only be one winner when potentially they can divert and pick up the JLT against, what looks like, lesser opposition currently (this could well change though).

Comment

• Finians steadily drifting for the arkle and shortening for the jlt. Would be nothing to do with tizzard or connections, but being the logical target and half the price may play in there minds, If they weren't already thinking jlt. With the way Nichols campaigns his better 2m4 novice chasers and the logical targets for Finians oscar, I could see finians and modus meeting soon. Very simular run styles and ratings would make a decent match up
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Finians steadily drifting for the arkle and shortening for the jlt. Would be nothing to do with tizzard or connections, but being the logical target and half the price may play in there minds, If they weren't already thinking jlt. With the way Nichols campaigns his better 2m4 novice chasers and the logical targets for Finians oscar, I could see finians and modus meeting soon. Very simular run styles and ratings would make a decent match up
              Long way to go before we can trust any drifts to confirm targets, but certainly not a positive for FO.

I'm a broken record, but the JLT would be a better race for FO, no doubt.... but IMO its still likely he does meet, beat Modus and alike over 2m4f and STILL ends up in the Arkle in March.

Comment

• Colin Tizzard will go for the JLT now imo i think Potts might have pushed for the more prestigious race in the Arkle but the trainer can call the shots now and the JLT looks made for Finians Oscar whom i think every other trainer would be keen to avoid, the King Henry VIII chase at Sandown will be a good pointer to where a few of the Arkle contenders are at, i personally rate Capitaines chances he looks a different horse jumping fences to hurdles, a real electric two mile chaser, he should face a very decent field at Sandown with Sceau Royal also an intended runner i suppose we'll know more after that
                Last edited by SeanRock; 24 November 2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                  I think the King Henry VIII chase at Sandown will be a good pointer to where a few of the Arkle contenders are at, i personally rate Capitaines chances he looks a different horse jumping fences to hurdles, a real electric two mile chaser, he should face a very decent field at Sandown with Sceau Royal also an intended runner i suppose we'll know more after that
                  Hope so for my stable stars

Capitaine is as short as 16s and 33s in places - always interesting when that happens IMO with what I consider little chance of any other target.... it's surely just a question of whether he improves enough - A H2H with Sceau Royal would be informative

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Hope so for my stable stars

Capitaine is as short as 16s and 33s in places - always interesting when that happens IMO with what I consider little chance of any other target.... it's surely just a question of whether he improves enough - A H2H with Sceau Royal would be informative
                    Snap re: Stable Stars, Sceau Royals form ties in well with North Hill Harvey given he was only beaten a neck at Cheltenham despite giving him 5lb

Comment

• Anyone catch Simon Rowlands piece in the Irish field about finians oscar? He's notably not been keen on the times Finians has registered however he states his closing sectionals in the race against MWTT was the fastest he has recorded on the old course recently, quicker than Douvan and Altior ran in the arkle with them having run a shorter trip and on better ground. Very interesting.

Comment

• Brain power out tomorrow as was always the plan. Expect him to win well and be another one from last years champion hurdle to put his name forward for the arkle.

Comment

• just been looking at the betting for this race and cant see a mullins horse, Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                            just been looking at the betting for this race and cant see a mullins horse, Any thoughts?
                            Did you look at the fav?

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                              just been looking at the betting for this race and cant see a mullins horse, Any thoughts?
                              Mullins has just the 10 in the betting for this race

Comment

• Soz beer on board and got footpad backed,God im thick at times!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X