Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might bite
    Killultagh Vic
    Road to respect

This would be my 3 if we had G/s ground

Comment

• Wasn't one I'd backed, but gutted for everyone here, and for us not getting to see him defend it. No one's come back since Lord Windermere have they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        Hang in there Scoobs I'm sure you are still in a great position on a lot of races.

Is this a normal year in terms of the number of horses dropping out in the last couple of weeks? Feel I have been a bit naive on this score. Was expecting a couple in total but not 1-2 a day
        I won't relax now until the tapes are up and hopefully iv got the supreme / arkle in the bag. , hopefully both, Then I could sit back and enjoy it regardless.

This is the worst iv been hit by far. Iv actually got far less runners than I usually do. And the ones have been hit have been the higher stakes ones.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 8 March 2018, 07:52 PM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          I won't relax now until the tapes are up and hopefully iv got the supreme / arkle in the bag, or hopefully both. Then I could sit back and enjoy it regardless.

This is the worst iv been hit by far. Iv actually got far less runners than I usually do.
          I know what you mean. These next 4 days are going to be absolute torture. One more non runner could break me!

Comment

• Im in the same camp fellas. From feeling pretty smug about my book, I'm all of a sudden on the back foot before it starts.

A good winner will put us all right. Plenty of opportunities on the first day. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Racing Post states Fry is apparently considering supplementing American for this & Fehilly will ride if he does.

Comment

• My early Gold cup thoughts led me to back Yorkhill, Coney island and Sizing John, away from this I was really chuffed at how good my 8/1 on Willoughby Court was looking, not to mention my 8/1 on PP, for the 4 miler!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  I know what you mean. These next 4 days are going to be absolute torture. One more non runner could break me!
                  All this and the most imprtant thing. My baby is 2 days over due. So a pretty stressful time . I think we can all guess when he's going to come out.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Gutted!! What was the reason for SJ missing out?

Comment

All this and the most imprtant thing. My baby is 2 days over due. So a pretty stressful time . I think we can all guess when he's going to come out.
                      Names ?

Percy ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
                        Gutted!! What was the reason for SJ missing out?
                        Fractured pelvis I think, they're calling it a hidden hairline fracture, could be on walking excercise within a couple of weeks?
                        Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 8 March 2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
                          Racing Post states Fry is apparently considering supplementing American for this & Fehilly will ride if he does.
                          I noticed that he was taken out of the Ultima, which surprised me slightly so it sounds like the GC could be a plan. Not sure I'd be putting the £30k(?) if I owned him.

Comment

Tuesday around 13.35

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I noticed that he was taken out of the Ultima, which surprised me slightly so it sounds like the GC could be a plan. Not sure I'd be putting the £30k(?) if I owned him.
                              Prob get that back if he could run into 6th place

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Names ?

Percy ?

Comment

Working...
                                X