Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve never been a fan of Cooper, but do feel sorry for him, appears his conditions is shattered

Comment

• Rumours that he is about to announce his retirement (although I genuinly can't rememebr where I read/heard that) so take that with a bucket of salt!!!

I follow him on instagram and his most recent picture is him on holiday saying...

"Summer can't come soon enough... #takemebacktothesun

which is odd for a jumps jockey to say at any stage?

I'm not sure DAvy Russell is the man for Our Duke... I Was a massive Don Poli fan and thought it was obvious he needed an aggressive ride and to be woken up and asked in to every fence...but Davy gave him a "Davy classic" which (as is proven in the other thread is clearly an effective way to win races!) however it didn't give Don Poli a chance to win that Gold Cup (unlikely would have won anyway in hindsight) but I feel Our Duke needs a more aggressive ride than Davy would give him?

Cooper could do it... not many horses in training I'd rather have Cooper on then Russell but Our Duke would be one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Rumours that he is about to announce his retirement (although I genuinly can't rememebr where I read/heard that) so take that with a bucket of salt!!!

I follow him on instagram and his most recent picture is him on holiday saying...

"Summer can't come soon enough... #takemebacktothesun

which is odd for a jumps jockey to say at any stage?

I'm not sure DAvy Russell is the man for Our Duke... I Was a massive Don Poli fan and thought it was obvious he needed an aggressive ride and to be woken up and asked in to every fence...but Davy gave him a "Davy classic" which (as is proven in the other thread is clearly an effective way to win races!) however it didn't give Don Poli a chance to win that Gold Cup (unlikely would have won anyway in hindsight) but I feel Our Duke needs a more aggressive ride than Davy would give him?

Cooper could do it... not many horses in training I'd rather have Cooper on then Russell but Our Duke would be one...
        I said that Kevloaf, I'm from Tralee where Brian is from and my uncle would be good friends with Tom, Brian's Dad. I asked my uncle last week if he had been sacked from Potts and he said he'd find out, said Tizzard hates him and he's contemplating retiring. His dad is not getting any younger and has a full stable at the moment mainly pre-training horses for Andrew Brooks. Brian rode a winner for him in Ireland during the week trained by Willie Mullins.

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
          I’ve never been a fan of Cooper, but do feel sorry for him, appears his conditions is shattered
          Never been the same jockey since his fall on Clarcam at the festival in the Fred Winter

Comment

• My friend said that ATR this morning Jessica Harrington announced Fehily will rode OUR DUKE?

Can anyone confirm that??

Comment

My friend said that ATR this morning Jessica Harrington announced Fehily will rode OUR DUKE?

Yeh, it’s on sky sports too.

Comment

• Good choice. Might even get him to run on into 4th.

Comment

My friend said that ATR this morning Jessica Harrington announced Fehily will rode OUR DUKE?

Yes , just seen it on Sporting Life website . main headline . good Jockey booking i think , Won several of the Big
                  races last year .

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                    Yeh, it’s on sky sports too.
                    Surprised no-one mentioned it!!!

Noel Fehily's Gold Cup record...

2017 - 2nd - Minella Rocco
                    2016 - 7th - O'Faolains Boy
                    2015 - 7th - Silviniaco Conti
                    2014 - 4th - Silviniaco Conti
                    2013 - No ride
                    2012 - PU - Diamond Harry
                    2011 - No ride
                    2010 - No ride
                    2009 - 12th - Air Horse One

I think that was his first ride. As an Our Duke backer I'm happy to have an experienced jockey on, that had success at the festival last year with Buveur D'air and Special Tiara. I think Our Duke would need an aggressive ride as I said before, and that possibly isn't the style you'd say Fehily has? Monalee he gave a good ride too recently, and Special Tiara too... so he's strong in a finish and so on?
                    I'm happy enoguh because I can't think of anyone else available that would be better...

Haha archie... Noel Fehily is the captain about the Our Duke boat.... full steam ahead

Comment

• Chuffed Noel on Our Duke , great decision Jessica Harrington.

Comment

• Fehily is one of my favourite jockeys so I'm delighted with that booking.

Comment

• NF is a superstar

Comment

• As expected Blaklion goes straight to aintree for the Nash.

Comment

• I'm wanting to back Edwulf for this as it's possibly one of the only horses over priced/being ignored at the minute. But does anyone have any serious idea if they will take the ride off O'Connor, as I can't have Geraghty at the minute (I think his bottle has gone and he rides like he's been fitted with a tachometer, doesn't seem to see a stride and has to niggle after most fences). And he's pulling up horses after one mistake like he's got the yips or something.
                              Think Edwulf got a serious chance based on how it travelled in the four miler, and watching the Irish Gold cup again, it travelled like a favourite and probably won a bit cosy. It's arguably the best piece of Irish form this season.

I know it's died once but I'll forgive him that.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                I'm wanting to back Edwulf for this as it's possibly one of the only horses over priced/being ignored at the minute. But does anyone have any serious idea if they will take the ride off O'Connor, as I can't have Geraghty at the minute (I think his bottle has gone and he rides like he's been fitted with a tachometer, doesn't seem to see a stride and has to niggle after most fences). And he's pulling up horses after one mistake like he's got the yips or something.
                                Think Edwulf got a serious chance based on how it travelled in the four miler, and watching the Irish Gold cup again, it travelled like a favourite and probably won a bit cosy. It's arguably the best piece of Irish form this season.

I know it's died once but I'll forgive him that.
                                Agree with all of that Quevega. Myself and the missus were on at 25s for 4m last year and just wanted him to be alright. We were at Leopardstown for the two days and didn't she only have a 5er each way at 66/1 on him. Costing me a lovely little quadruple on Monalee, Samcro, Total Recall & Outlander.

Comment

Working...
                                X