Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Some of you may have already seen it, but....

Owners quote: Eddie O'Leary, "Switching Samcro from the Ballymore to the Supreme is something we’re not even thinking about. It doesn’t interest us that his price for the Supreme has shortened. Unless the ground becomes brutally heavy - it isn’t something we’ll even consider.”

When was the last 'brutally heavy' festival?
    As many of us having been saying for a while close to 0 chance. I'm on any race so not pocket talking. Confident it was connections who started the gamble on him for the Ballymore at 16s last year so chances of switching are remote and is part of the reason Bet365 had him at 14/1 NRNB for this in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
      As many of us having been saying for a while close to 0 chance. I'm on any race so not pocket talking. Confident it was connections who started the gamble on him for the Ballymore at 16s last year so chances of switching are remote and is part of the reason Bet365 had him at 14/1 NRNB for this in the first place.
      If Bet 365 were that confident why is that 14/1 now 5/2?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        If Bet 365 were that confident why is that 14/1 now 5/2?
        Liabilities. They're still a business.

Would be reckless to lay past there set liabilities regardless of there confidence.

I think pp is certain not to win the rsa. But I'm not laying every penny I have . I can not afford to be that reckless. And have to stand to liabilities.
        Last edited by Scooby91; 5 March 2018, 02:29 PM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Not entirely sure myself, I think it's his way of saying he won't be running in the Supreme!
          Just ask a Ryanair pilot how steadfast O'Leary's word is...although remotely slim I think there's a bigger chance than people might think

Comment

• Anybody remotely interested in Whiskey Sour at 66/1?

The trends lads must be interested in the Grade 1 winning form coming in to the race

Joking aside, only 3L behind Paloma Blue in 4th and Samcro and Duc Des Genievres unlikely to run. Takes a big leap but 66/1 to place tempting anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Anybody remotely interested in Whiskey Sour at 66/1?

The trends lads must be interested in the Grade 1 winning form coming in to the race

Joking aside, only 3L behind Paloma Blue in 4th and Samcro and Duc Des Genievres unlikely to run. Takes a big leap but 66/1 to place tempting anyone?
              Tempting. Always finishes his races off strongly which could be just what you need coming up that hill

Comment

• Morning Gents! First post on here so go easy... some v.good insight from posters on this site so looking at getting more involved.
                I like the look of Sharjah for this race for the below reasons:
                - His 2 runs this season not great but having re-watched them both looked the likely winner when falling & his 7th looks a lot worse than the placing suggests as he seemingly had a live chance still with 2 to jump imo, just didn't get out of the ground to pick up when needed to
                - His flat pedigree suggests he would be better on good ground (Supreme will be the best ground he's run on) & I think Mullins has alluded to that too
                - Patrick Mullins was quoted as saying "No horse should be odds on against him, not even Samcro" which shows the stable obv. must think a lot of him
                - I can't help thinking if they were so sure about Getabird in this then why would they run Sharjah too? I know Ricci has had more than one runner before (VVM & Limini for example) but they're not Gigginstown/McManus where they're usually mob handed (this point could be totally off the radar but just have a niggling feeling)
                - I don't ever like backing the fav for the Supreme & would prefer a live chance at bigger odds
                - Not sure the starting price will be 25s (Exchange) or even 16s come the day, will be interesting to see if there's money for it on the morning.

Comment

• Western Ryder will be given a Supreme declaration just in case ground comes up testing but the firm target is Ballymore.
                  The horse is very well, has one more piece of serious work to do and connections are hopeful he will run with credit, they believe he’s the forgotten horse and that his form entitles him to get involved, definite place claims and if the big guns misfire who knows...

Comment

• Have they committed Vision Des Flos to the Ballymore? The market would seem to suggest that.

Looking for a back up to Paloma Blue because of the threat of soft ground.

Comment

• I’d love to see Next Destintion turn up here

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
                        Morning Gents! First post on here so go easy... some v.good insight from posters on this site so looking at getting more involved.
                        I like the look of Sharjah for this race for the below reasons:
                        - His 2 runs this season not great but having re-watched them both looked the likely winner when falling & his 7th looks a lot worse than the placing suggests as he seemingly had a live chance still with 2 to jump imo, just didn't get out of the ground to pick up when needed to
                        - His flat pedigree suggests he would be better on good ground (Supreme will be the best ground he's run on) & I think Mullins has alluded to that too
                        - Patrick Mullins was quoted as saying "No horse should be odds on against him, not even Samcro" which shows the stable obv. must think a lot of him
                        - I can't help thinking if they were so sure about Getabird in this then why would they run Sharjah too? I know Ricci has had more than one runner before (VVM & Limini for example) but they're not Gigginstown/McManus where they're usually mob handed (this point could be totally off the radar but just have a niggling feeling)
                        - I don't ever like backing the fav for the Supreme & would prefer a live chance at bigger odds
                        - Not sure the starting price will be 25s (Exchange) or even 16s come the day, will be interesting to see if there's money for it on the morning.
                        welcome MIJ

There seems to be some opposition to getabird at the previews and yard seem to be putting up Footpad or Laurina as their nap. You have to forgive Sharjah the last two but I am also looking for something against the favourite. Have backed Summerville Boy on form/value.

Comment

• First flow runs.

Hopefully a few of you have the 25/1 ew nrnb. I think he has a solid ew chance in this personally.
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 7 March 2018, 10:40 AM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Not sure where First Flow stands form wise. However, his presence will presumably make life that much more difficult for Walsh should he want to emulate previous years and try and lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              I guess I'll just have to keep repeating it every ten pages or so. Sit on your hands until the Tuesday morning then do your nuts on any offers on Getabird.
                              Bump......

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                Bump......
                                Waiting like a ninja archie

Comment

Working...
                                X