Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon racer county hurdle 25/1 nrnb

Entered for the champion hurdle again. He's sound after a bout of colic .prob my fav bumper horse of all time. Dropped to 142 over hurdles which is very fair. Needs to show more but at 25/1 I'd be happy to be on him.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Scooby I hope you have a good history with the handicaps

Barters Hill and Moon Racer in the Coral cup and the county have been my two picks for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Moon racer county hurdle 25/1 nrnb

Entered for the champion hurdle again. He's sound after a bout of colic .prob my fav bumper horse of all time. Dropped to 142 over hurdles which is very fair. Needs to show more but at 25/1 I'd be happy to be on him.
        Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
        Scooby I hope you have a good history with the handicaps

Barters Hill and Moon Racer in the Coral cup and the county have been my two picks for a couple of weeks.
        Moon Racer being plotted towards the County Hurdle makes loads of sense. They thought him (wrongly) good enough for the CH last year, but that said, I fancied him to win the Supreme, and felt he had the beating of BAllyandy, who went off a WELL BACKED 3/1 joint fav.

I will be backing as well - certain to go off shorter.... Pipe = hype
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 17 January 2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• I’m sure I’ve read Moon Racer will have his season opener at the betfair hurdle, we know he goes well fresh but will
          Be good to get a run into him and I’m sure he will run to exactly the mark they want him to run to

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Bankers that won I'd say were Yorkhill, Let's Dance, Defi De Seuil and Altior.

Limini?

Am I going mad?
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 17 January 2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
              Limini?

Am I going mad?
              Let's Dance!

I'll edit! Thanks for pointing it out GS

Comment

Let's Dance!

I'll edit! Thanks for pointing it out GS
                You had me questioning my memory there!

Though now I think about it, I'm not sure Lets Dance was a banker. Not a long term banker anyway? Wasn't Airlie Beach the long term AP favourite?

Had a quick look - seems my memory is crap!
                Last edited by Garrison Savannah; 17 January 2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                  You had me questioning my memory there!

Though now I think about it, I'm not sure Airlie Beach was a banker. Not a long term banker anyway? Wasn't Airlie Beach the long term AP favourite?

Had a quick look - seems my memory is crap!
                  Yes she was ... do you could put her down and remove let's dance ... backs up just how hard it is ante post to nail a "bankers" multiple

Comment

• Got my names muddled up, but I think you got the jist.

Anyway, I agree, a lot of 'bankers' don't come in, and generally speaking the bookies love laying 'certain' multis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                      Scooby I hope you have a good history with the handicaps

The only other one i like at this stage is bleu et rouge but not 100% sure which race . And his price is nothing special .
                      Leaning towards coral cup.

Comment

• “We’ll be aiming Mengli Khan at the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle and Samcro at the Ballymore Novice Hurdle,” O’Leary said. “Petit Mouchoir, all going well, will run at Leopardstown at the Dublin Racing Festival and then go to Cheltenham for the Arkle.”

Comment

Moon Racer being plotted towards the County Hurdle makes loads of sense. They thought him (wrongly) good enough for the CH last year, but that said, I fancied him to win the Supreme, and felt he had the beating of BAllyandy, who went off a WELL BACKED 3/1 joint fav.

I will be backing as well - certain to go off shorter.... Pipe = hype
                          imperial cup 10th March this year And the £50,000 bonus is still live. He then wouldn't be re assessed. It's a possible
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 18 January 2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Crashed through the 2.5k outlay for the festival yesterday.

Not sure how that compares to many on here, shocked me a little when i counted it all up though!

Comment

• Dell'Arca-Pertempts.

Just putting this one out there. Qualified already behind Thomas Campbell. Likes Cheltenham. All views welcome..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                                Crashed through the 2.5k outlay for the festival yesterday.

Not sure how that compares to many on here, shocked me a little when i counted it all up though!
                                I did about 4 in 2016, and 3 last year.

This year I've not done as much, because work has taken up too much of my time. Your post made me tally mine up, and I'm at about 1.8 on a quiet year

Comment

Working...
                                X