Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent bet that. Will be doing something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Just a small speculative life changer placed this morning, based on the noise on here

0.05pts e/way L63 - Singlefarmpayment (Ultima), Impulsive Star (NH Chase), Hollowgraphic (Bumper), Laurina (Mares' Novice), Stormy Ireland (Triumph) & Burning Ambition (Foxhunters).

Bit of fun, as most of my big early ante post multiples are dead already
      Yeah nice I like that, just done the same bet and if it comes in everyone in the forum gets a pint lol

Comment

• News in that Presenting Percy will go RSA and Mall Dini goes 4m. I wonder if Davey Russell will ride Monalee or Percy in the RSA ?

Comment

• I’ve just done:
          If The Cap Fits - Supreme
          Cause of Causes - X Country
          Hollowgraphic - Bumper
          Apples Shakira - Triumph
          Burning Ambition - Foxhunters

10,500/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
            I’ve just done:
            If The Cap Fits - Supreme
            Cause of Causes - X Country
            Hollowgraphic - Bumper
            Apples Shakira - Triumph
            Burning Ambition - Foxhunters

10,500/1
            Like this one too!

Comment

• Originally posted by PitLad View Post
              News in that Presenting Percy will go RSA and Mall Dini goes 4m. I wonder if Davey Russell will ride Monalee or Percy in the RSA ?
              Percy ....

Monalee JLT must be an option?

Comment

• Someone stole the 3 figures mount mews.

But simular lines backed the storyteller 75.0 rsa.

OR 147 I think he will take up his 3 mile engagement if he does i think he'll win.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I don't see why HdB would run Monalee over 2m 5 at the festival when his best form last year was over 3m in the AB. If the grounds soft that may have an impact. Monalee was well beaten almost 4 lengths by Death Duty over 2m 4 at Navan last year. If Davy is riding Presenting Percy DJ Mullins may get his leg back over Monalee in the RSA (if that's the route he goes).

Comment

• This is a list of all my ante post bets so far. Rather than going into individual threads I will put a bit of working on this thread.

Supreme - Real Steel 20/1

Terrible race for me and this one is unlikely to change things. Inexplicably lost ground early last time and then rushed up too quickly. Looked to be toiling when taking a nasty fall. Seems as if he will be given another chance but I am not hopeful. Not at all tempted by Getabird at current prices.

Arkle - Footpad 10/1 & Sceau Royal 8/1 (both EW)

Sceau Royal has the form and Footpad has the style. Hard to see past both of them.

Champion Hurdle - Buveur D'Air 5/1

Stepped in when Hills pushed him out. Not worried at all by a horse who couldn't beat a poorly ridden Arctic Fire by less than two lengths and that was in his prime. I think Buveur D'Air was always going to be much too good for him. Just a concern that Geraghty might be a shade over confident as he was at Kempton.

National Hunt Chase - Ms Parfois 20/1 (EW NRNBG)

Probably needs to find 7lbs but is progressive and has some course form. The longer trip might well be a plus. Race looks up for grabs.

Ballymore - On The Blind Side 12/1

Like many I thought this was an Albert Bartlett horse after Cheltenham but his subsequent win at Sandown is arguably the best piece of novice form and I couldn't miss him here. Hopefully, the setback has just given him a nice break. Samcro is the one who has to step up, particularly with the likely quicker ground being an unknown.

RSA - Presenting Percy 12/1

If he were mine I would be thinking seriously about the Gold Cup so very disappointing if he doesn't figure here. A hold up horse he will obviously need some luck in running.

Fred Winter - Mitchouka 16/1 (NRNB)

Not quite up to winning a Triumph but travels and jumps well so might be up to defying a big weight.

Bumper - Didtheyleaveuoutto 10/1

Most impressive bumper winner of the season. Would be clear favourite if he were trained by Mullins.

JLT - Saint Calvados 25/1 (EW NRNBG)

Two impressive wins at Newbury but he can't beat the front two in the Arkle. The JLT is up for grabs and he would surely find it far easier to try and dominate this field. If he stays has every chance.

Pertemps - Black Ivory 14/1 (EW NRNB)

Progressing nicely and value for more than the official verdict at Warwick. Hectic pace at Cheltenham should suit.

Ryanair - Waiting Patiently 10/1

Another progressive Jefferson horse. On the Kempton performance alone he could easily be favourite. Not at all worried by Un De Sceaux who beat a Grade 2 horse and a handicapper last year.

Stayers - The Worlds End 25/1 (EW) & Thomas Campbell 25/1 (EW NRNBG)

Big weekend for these two. They don't have to win (as the ground will almost certainly be totally different in March) but fingers crossed for some promise of better to come. The Worlds End is my preferred of the two. He hasn't got that much to find on Sam Spinner and the likely better ground should be a big help. Thomas Campbell ran a strange race at Ascot but did similar last year. He is 3/4 at Cheltenham.

Mares Novices - Marias Benefit 10/1

Hard not to be impressed with her demolition job. Clearly very useful but can she dominate a much bigger field on a stiffer track?

Triumph - Espoir D'Allen 14/1

I think he has done enough to be favourite for the Triumph. The race at Leopardstown is looking to be quite a stiff task and I wonder whether it might have been better to give him a rest prior to Cheltenham. He doesn't shape as if he needs any further experience.

Albert Bartlett - On The Blind Side 20/1

If he is on song this race would look his for the taking. Henderson did switch Bobs Worth at the last minute but it seems unlikely it will happen again.

Gold Cup - Presenting Percy 50/1

A bit of a flyer but I doubt you would get 12/1 if he were priced up for this.

Martin Pipe - Minds Eye 16/1 (EW NRNBG)

Gigginstown usually throw something decent at this and he looks as likely as any at this stage.

So quite happy, other than Real Steel and having to cover a couple of races. Fingers crossed most, if not all, get there.

Good luck.

Comment

• Some nice looking bets there K.B , got some of them myself. Black Ivory - pertemps , O.T.B.side - ballymore and Sceau royal
                      in the arkle. and of course Buveur D'air , .

Comment

• My observation but here are a few horses if trained by messrs Mullins ,Henderson , Elliott or Nicholls would be shorter in betting.

If the cap fits
                        Didthey leaveuoutto
                        Waiting patiently
                        Sam Spinner
                        Espoir Dallen
                        Marias benefit

Comment

• Maybe, it is justified, we will see. Personally, I like to see things shared around, particularly if I have backed them!

With Jefferson it is perhaps his reputation of taking things gradually but there comes a time when it is worth having a crack. Neither of the two horses I have mentioned should be unduly worried by good to soft ground. I would be more concerned that they would be having their first runs at Cheltenham but who knows they might enjoy the track? Clearly Corals in offering 10/1 Waiting Patiently are hoping he won't turn up.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                            Maybe, it is justified, we will see. Personally, I like to see things shared around, particularly if I have backed them!

With Jefferson it is perhaps his reputation of taking things gradually but there comes a time when it is worth having a crack. Neither of the two horses I have mentioned should be unduly worried by good to soft ground. I would be more concerned that they would be having their first runs at Cheltenham but who knows they might enjoy the track? Clearly Corals in offering 10/1 Waiting Patiently are hoping he won't turn up.
                            Deffinately the ground with waiting patiently. It's more likely he won't run than will. With previous conditions on the Thursday. But obviously I can't guess the weather for sure.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Horrible news about Taquin Du Seuil. Rest in peace buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                                Horrible news about Taquin Du Seuil. Rest in peace buddy
                                Agree. Absolutely gutted about this!

Comment

Working...
                                X