Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say for instance pp went 8/1 melon arkle now, and pushed out to 33s champion. Despite what mullins had said, if be balls deep on melon arkle at 16s.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Considering a Melon (Champion Hurdle)/Min (CC) EW Double. Don't usually do EW on antepost but 20-1 and 12-1 1/4 odds at bet365 is just too appealing. If they both turn up in the races cannot see them out of the top 3.

Comment

• Looking through my bets and the majority are multi's, all my single bets are on the exchanges but they are only there ready to trade out.

I've got plenty of same race cross doubles and trebles, something I am doing properly for the first time, if it turns out to be profitable then I shall be looking at doing it every year of the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          At my first Cheltenham I did.... it was 1 pt per race.... that quickly became 2 pts per race but there was no ante-post for me back then.

Little milestone - I've now got exactly 300 pts staked

If I could pick 2 horses to win now, they'd be Samcro and Cause of Causes.... that'd see a return of 324 pts If only it was that simple.
          if only it was that easy indeed Kev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
            if only it was that easy indeed Kev.
            Lucky pass likely to be a unique case of wiinning over 2 miles and being cut for the bartlett on Saturday,
            He's not 1 for me atm at 20s any race, but he gets his heavy ground, he's not ran for almost 2 years and has nothing to beat, will likely be impressive with a view to staying further.
            But he has alot to answer after sat, unsure of his previous injury and only ever running on very soft ground.

Didn't mean to quote That, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
              Considering a Melon (Champion Hurdle)/Min (CC) EW Double. Don't usually do EW on antepost but 20-1 and 12-1 1/4 odds at bet365 is just too appealing. If they both turn up in the races cannot see them out of the top 3.
              Make sure you back them as each way singles too Samcro. Nothing worse than only one winning and not getting a dime off your bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Make sure you back them as each way singles too Samcro. Nothing worse than only one winning and not getting a dime off your bet.
                Very True! will do!

Comment

• I'm the wake of the terrible news about fayonagh.
                  I just backed
                  Salsaretta 20s,
                  Ainsi va la vie 16s
                  Kupatana 25s.
                  Cap soleil 19.0

To go with my previous bets of
                  mystic theatre 16s
                  Dame de compagne 20s
                  And 6s rip fayonagh.
                  A real shame we never got to see what she could do over hurdles

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    I'm the wake of the terrible news about fayonagh.
                    I just backed
                    Salsaretta 20s,
                    Ainsi va la vie 16s
                    Kupatana 25s.
                    Cap soleil 19.0

To go with my previous bets of
                    mystic theatre 16s
                    Dame de compagne 20s
                    And 6s rip fayonagh.
                    A real shame we never got to see what she could do over hurdles
                    Left this market well alone now until we see some of them run over hurdles, Fayonagh was the only one I had backed, and her passing (RIP), has affected a lot of my bets unfortunately, that said, it's the risk we take and indeed the risk the horse takes in being in this game, it's a huge shame and thoroughly undeserved, every bet is secondary to the horses welfare.

I have however now re-grouped, assessed my bets and have some new plans of attack, in light of this awful tragedy.
                    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 25 October 2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Presenting Percy races Monday (currently) @ Galway.

Bit of Death Duty form to keep an eye on too as Cap D'aubois also runs in the same race.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Left this market well alone now until we see some of them run over hurdles, Fayonagh was the only one I had backed, and her passing (RIP), has affected a lot of my bets unfortunately, that said, it's the risk we take and indeed the risk the horse takes in being in this game, it's a huge shame and thoroughly undeserved, every bet is secondary to the horses welfare.

I have however now re-grouped, assessed my bets and have some new plans of attack, in light of this awful tragedy.
                        there is an awful lot gonna be affected by this awful news, but all we can do is reload and go again. My portfolio wasn't as damaged as first feared

Comment

• Desperately sad for connections. They're breeders so it's a double loss.

Comment

• CoD - Had a bet that is similar to your method that you're using in the Mares hurdle but in the CC. Week back I had:

Trixie on Samcro, Altior, Cause of Causes - 116/1
                            Trixie on Samcro, Douvan, Cause of Causes - 207/1

2 pts each (total) - (I liked them because they're all running on Wednesday too

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              CoD - Had a bet that is similar to your method that you're using in the Mares hurdle but in the CC. Week back I had:

Trixie on Samcro, Altior, Cause of Causes - 116/1
                              Trixie on Samcro, Douvan, Cause of Causes - 207/1

2 pts each (total) - (I liked them because they're all running on Wednesday too
                              Good stuff Kev, I hadn't actually done the CC purely because I think Min may run in the race, hope Samcro doesn't go down the Supreme route now, that's my only worry, a lot of talk about it, but hoping it is just talk!

I've actually been splitting up a lot of races, CH with Buveur D'air / Faugheen, Stayers' with Nichols Canyon & UNWIMH, even been doing it with Finian's Oscar (mostly as cover) & Petit Mouchoir for the Arkle, of course it has massively affected my profit value, but I'm leveraging to make a profit overall not to make millions (because I've tried this before, for some reason it never happens ;-) ), but I do have my big multi's for life changing money to small stakes, should it all go to plan
                              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 26 October 2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• After the various rumours Samcro could be heading for the Supreme, i've taken the plunge and grabbed 16's. I've covered Samcro in several multiples for the Ballymore, mainly Yankee's and Lucky 15's, so i've approached backing him in the Supreme slightly differently...

I've had an outright win and then a win treble, with 2 of my other strong fancies (Cause of Causes and Mystic Theatre), very nice returns on this. If Samcro does go Supreme, i'd like to think he will keep this bet alive, and then it's just one leg i've lost on my multiples for the Ballymore.

Not too sure it's the right approach, but at least i'm covered (kind of).

Comment

Working...
                                X