Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like constantine bay for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob c View Post
      Anyone like constantine bay for this?
      I fancy him for the JLT

On that run against No Hassle Hoff at Doncaster I'd strugle to have him hitting the frame, because of how strong the front few in the market look personally

Comment

• Can't have DD at that price.

Won only on soft to heavy in Ireland, never travelled over here, made mistakes in 3 of last 4 races (may not get away with that here), won only over 2m 4, last 3 races all 6 runner affairs, will be 20 going here.

Only 4 favs in last 11 runnings of this race have won

Wholestone for me, strong form, course winner twice, bigger price. No brainer

Comment

• Listened to the RaceHour podcast and they had Patrick Mullins as a guest, who almost forgot Augusta Kate had a Neptune entry and didn't even bring her up as a possible Mares Novice Hurdler, he mostly alluded her to be entered for this race only.

I've taken it literally and gone in at 12/1 without NRNB, simply because she is not 9 1/2pts worse than Death Duty, and with some small doubt that Death Duty may not even run in this race, likewise the same doubts you'd have about Augusta Kate running in the race, I don't understand the difference in price.

Comment

• Previous Winners

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uQmJ5fI0diDF3XTD2bJGdFVmU9qTmKrFFJ5pBV8SBjg/embed?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000" frameborder="0" width="720" height="426" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

Comment

• More Wholestone form today as Coo Star Sivola absolutely hacks up. I have been mightily impressed with how the form of Wholestone has held up and been franked. Maybe a bias opinion seeing as I have him in many multi's at 16/1 but he looks a real player and challenger to DD.

Comment

• Wholestone's the best of the British in my opinion.

Comment

• Has this race been won by many mates with the allowances. Augusta Kate seems overpriced on form

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Wholestone's the best of the British in my opinion.
                    Ive no idea why Wholestone is so much bigger than DD tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Listened to the RaceHour podcast and they had Patrick Mullins as a guest, who almost forgot Augusta Kate had a Neptune entry and didn't even bring her up as a possible Mares Novice Hurdler, he mostly alluded her to be entered for this race only.

I've taken it literally and gone in at 12/1 without NRNB, simply because she is not 9 1/2pts worse than Death Duty, and with some small doubt that Death Duty may not even run in this race, likewise the same doubts you'd have about Augusta Kate running in the race, I don't understand the difference in price.
                      Again, re-iterated by Willie that AK goes for this. Still some 12/1 about which I find odd in comparison to DD price.

Comment

• There is an interview with Alan shearer on Corals YouTube page who as you know is a part owner and he has been told by Graham Wylie recently that they are looking at two races for her, but don't know whether to go for the race on the Wednesday ( Neptune ) or the race on the Friday ( A.Bartlett )

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• 'Augusta Kate probably goes for the Albert Bartlett. Bacardys will probably go for the neptune and we think a lot of him'

Mullins quote doing the rounds on Twitter

Comment

• Positive mention for Penhill backers:

The Albert Bartlett is the plan for him and I think three miles on better ground will suit him well. It was always the plan to freshen him up after Christmas, he has had no setbacks and is in great order. Stepping up in trip seemed to help his jumping last time and he has the ability to compete at that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              Positive mention for Penhill backers:

The Albert Bartlett is the plan for him and I think three miles on better ground will suit him well. It was always the plan to freshen him up after Christmas, he has had no setbacks and is in great order. Stepping up in trip seemed to help his jumping last time and he has the ability to compete at that level.
                              That has cheered up my Monday, been backing him solid since Limerick

Comment

• Gordon Elliott on BEtfair has just tweeted to say it is 110% that Death Duty goes for the Albert Bartlett

Comment

Working...
                                X