Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
    Loved this from HDB

De Bromhead/Monalee: "The Albert Bartlett would look the obvious race but there are a few things we need to consider - like Death Duty." 2/2
    Lots of members will like that quote

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballybeen View Post
      Loved this from HDB

De Bromhead/Monalee: "The Albert Bartlett would look the obvious race but there are a few things we need to consider - like Death Duty." 2/2
      Haha this slipped under my radar.

Excellent quote. I think this looks a really really exciting race this year. Gold Cup day has been a bit flat in recent years in my ever so humble opinion. THis year the AB, Triumph and Gold Cup look really exciting and I love the Fox Hunters too!

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything on the well being of Penhill?

Was the shortest of all the WPM runners in the Royal Bond, so is clearly well thought of. Was never going to win, but was still badly hampered when Peace News fell and may have finished a fair bit closer. Thought he looked a lively outsider for this as he looks one that will relish the 3m. Has form on decent ground as well.

Comment

• Jonny ward had a piece up yesterday - Penhill was mentioned.
          Mullins had news on a couple of his potential Albert Bartlett hopes - "All is well with Penhill, he schooled nicely on Tuesday. A decision on where Lets Dance will run will be made very late."

Comment

• Cheers KSS

Comment

• Interested to hear that about Penhill, think he has an obvious chance in this. The key is the 3mile form from the Limerick race in December, which incidentally has thrown up Martello Tower, Faugheen & Weapons Amnesty to win Novice Hurdles at the festival. One or two unlucky ones too. Trained by Mullins and available at 16/1 NRNB has to be the call

Comment

• Originally posted by finch View Post
                Interested to hear that about Penhill, think he has an obvious chance in this. The key is the 3mile form from the Limerick race in December, which incidentally has thrown up Martello Tower, Faugheen & Weapons Amnesty to win Novice Hurdles at the festival. One or two unlucky ones too. Trained by Mullins and available at 16/1 NRNB has to be the call
                Welcome Finch - Willie has had a few beaten favourites in this over the year's and never won it. I think it goes back to the kind of horses they like to buy. That limericks race is a good pointer though.

Comment

• From the Ascot preview, Barry Orr said there are noises that Death Duty might be going for the Neptune - that would throw a spanner in the works. Can't see it myself though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    From the Ascot preview, Barry Orr said there are noises that Death Duty might be going for the Neptune - that would throw a spanner in the works. Can't see it myself though.
                    Barry Orr of Betfair? With Betfair being stand-out 16/1? 0%

Comment

• Yep. Slightly bigger than 0℅ but I do agree it's unlikely. A soft ground festival and it could happen.

Comment

• Yeah you're absolutely right.

Maybe they aren't as scared of NW or FO as they are WA or Wholestone? I just can't see it, and I don't want to start hearing it either

Comment

• I really want to see Augusta Kate running here against Death Duty

Comment

• Originally posted by Imperial Commander View Post
                            I really want to see Augusta Kate running here against Death Duty
                            What price would you want her to be, and what makes you think she'd win (if you do?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              What price would you want her to be, and what makes you think she'd win (if you do?)
                              I've got her at 10's with Bet365 aleady - i think shes 7s now though with the same firm. I'm just going off that race with Death Duty LTO really. She was bang up there going over the last before falling. I just had a feeling she would have nicked it although DD seemed to have more in the tank but AK quickened well to get up with DD. It would be a big ask to beat the favorite here obviously but i've just got a gut feeling she can. Maybe more experience of the Festival? Great straw clutching this isnt it?

Comment

• Nah not clutching at straws. No certainty that DD would have won and Augusta Kate has a win at 2m6f which is further than DD has won.

A fair point

Comment

Working...
                                X