Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very difficult for 4yos and fillies despite the allowance. Happy to be on Carter McKay at 25/1 (ew) and 20/1 (win).

Comment

• I'm not convinced Hendo with send DDC to the bumper, he doesn't like the race and hustle, bustle and scrimmaging of 24 runners on ground likely to be quicker than any will have encountered before the race can ruin horses.
      He has the soft option of a same sex bumper at Aintree with a decent pot, how do mares fare in this ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Unfortunately not - Willie said this yesterday
        Fantastic

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I'm not convinced Hendo with send DDC to the bumper, he doesn't like the race and hustle, bustle and scrimmaging of 24 runners on ground likely to be quicker than any will have encountered before the race can ruin horses.
          He has the soft option of a same sex bumper at Aintree with a decent pot, how do mares fare in this ?
          I can't think of a mare who has won it. Jono is the man to tell us their record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            I can't think of a mare who has won it. Jono is the man to tell us their record.
            1994 Mucklemeg beat Aries Girl. Looking back it was pretty ordinary renewal.

Comment

• He said that he wouldn't normally run a 4yo mare, but that DdC was very different to how they normally are and he may well do.

I took it as very likely she would run from his comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                He said that he wouldn't normally run a 4yo mare, but that DdC was very different to how they normally are and he may well do.

I took it as very likely she would run from his comments.
                The recent money would back that up too. I do agree with others that this race is a tough ask for a 4 year old mare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Can I just check...

In the bumper, WR will carry 11 st 5 lbs and Daphine Du Clos 10 st 4 lbs? - So DDC will be 15 lbs better off.

Last time she was 21 lbs better off, so WR only has a 6 lb pull in the weights?

Is my "maths" right?
                  That is correct!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                    That is correct!
                    Thanks.

Nicky said:

"It is not a race I am that keen on but she is so tough and forward and mature that she will go for the Festival Bumper. That race looks open this year and she looked very good the other day at Newbury. She gets all the allowances and has 10st 4lb."

I was just thinking that I (we're) on Western Ryder at the nice big prices... and wondering whether that might be my saver ... and just hope that Newbury form is the best on offer?

Comment

• If it runs ! ., a horse in this race worth alook - Irish Roe , won at chelt last nov, 33-1 w.h

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
                        Fantastic
                        I wouldn't be too downbeat just yet, granted, on the face of it it's not looking great, but a 50% chance is better than none and I had noticed there was small exchange movement for him today in a positive way.

Current market now suspended on Betfair.

Edit: Just seen that entries will be announced today for it, hence the suspended market.

Comment

• He hasn't been mentioned in a while so i hope everythings ok with him, but i quite like Come to Me for this. He is a half brother to Sweet My Lord who also was trained by Willie Mullins.

He beat Burren Life very impressively giving him 7 pounds from the front. Considering this yard are normally very strong in this event, 16/1 or so isn't a bad price...however, i do find it disconcerting that he hasn't been mentioned, or raced since! He has been one I've been keeping an eye out for.......

Comment

• Ballyward has retained his entry in the race too which can only be a positive sign

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Ballyward has retained his entry in the race too which can only be a positive sign
                              Latest quotes I saw:

'Ballyward pulled a muscle the other day so we'll see how that comes out'... then later in the article 'Ballyward is fine, if he recovers from the pulled muscle'.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                He hasn't been mentioned in a while so i hope everythings ok with him, but i quite like Come to Me for this. He is a half brother to Sweet My Lord who also was trained by Willie Mullins.
                                Not entered. However, Irish Roe and Daphne du Clos are. Willie only entered five this time

Comment

Working...
                                X