Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Who is going to be the next one to miss the festival, I've never known anything like it.
    Top stables too, all their experience isn't helping

Comment

• Ruby - Bunk off Early

"Won well at Leopardstown at Christmas and then found only Bacardys too good at the Dublin track in February. He’s come out of the race well and should appreciate the better ground he’s likely to get at Cheltenham rather than the heavy ground at Leopardstown the last day. He has to be a leading player in the Supreme Novices Hurdle where I’ve to decide between him and Melon."

Saw some rumours he might ride Crack Mome yesterday... nonsense.

Comment

• Kevloaf

I am sure I've read/heard someone tip this horse up recently too which I'd like to read/listen to again. It looks a very open supreme and if good ground is what this horse needs, he may outrun 50/1 odds?

[/I]
        I certainly mentioned him a couple of pages back Kev. Outstanding e/w value at 50/1
        Last edited by Bayoffreedom; 12 March 2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Ah yes, just seen. Didn't have time to look at the time when I saw the name, but been back through today and backed him. You don't need much convincing when there are 50s 1/4 the odds really

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
            Kevloaf

I am sure I've read/heard someone tip this horse up recently too which I'd like to read/listen to again. It looks a very open supreme and if good ground is what this horse needs, he may outrun 50/1 odds?

[/I]
            I certainly mentioned him a couple of pages back Kev. Outstanding e/w value at 50/1
            Which horse are you referring to BoF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Which horse are you referring to BoF?
              Pingshou....

Comment

• ....i was hoping so.

I got a message on Friday telling me to back Pingshou. Managed to get some 100's on exchanges.

Comment

• I've got a little bit of 80s on Pingshou and a little bit of 65s about Elgin. Just in case.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing I had a look back through his form today, and at 50s, the case for him improving on good ground, as a previous Cheltenham winner over 2m1f was enough for me to get involved.

Comment

• Now movewiththetimes is gone I'm looking for new value. Bunk off Early is some animal and didn't settle in the Deloitte, yet still came with a catching run and looked like taking until the previously out pace Bacardys caught him.

Watch it here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfZ9jWU_FBs

Ruby reckons he'll appreciate the better ground, and I love a grey. If I can catch it at 7s or 8s I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• Agree think Pingshou is overpriced i had him in at 33s. He's worth a little money just in case...

Comment

• Only 4 runners in the last 6 versions started 10/1 or under having finished in the top 5 in last years Champion Bumper. 3 won, the other finished second

That's a pretty good stat for Ballyandy.... with the only other 2 closely matched on form (moon racer, movewiththetimes) nopw non runners, IF that was strong form, and they can't reverse/confirm it.... is Ballyandy now the obvious winner of this?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Only 4 runners in the last 6 versions started 10/1 or under having finished in the top 5 in last years Champion Bumper. 3 won, the other finished second

That's a pretty good stat for Ballyandy.... with the only other 2 closely matched on form (moon racer, movewiththetimes) nopw non runners, IF that was strong form, and they can't reverse/confirm it.... is Ballyandy now the obvious winner of this?!
                            Saw this, but then a bad stat form him is having won the bet fair last time! Handicap winners dont win it often...

Comment

• "Last 20 winners all won at least 50% of all hurdle starts"

Rules Ballyandy out too haha

Comment

• lol yeah. Wont be backing him myself, but its a poor renewal and who knows!

Comment

Working...
                                X