Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Arkle Trophy Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only thing I have seen on Min is

"Min has not come out of Cheltenham well - he is out for the season," said Mullins. "He will be going out to grass."

Comment

I thought Min had picked up a slight tendon injury, as had Black Hercules, but I can't find anything on either of them

Comment

I'm trying to look for value, as I missed the 5's on Altior
        Min at 8's appeals, but I would prefer to wait for news of well-being before backing.
        Does anyone know if there are confirmed plans for Tombstone? 25's looks a decent price.
        Is there a danger that he would go JLT if chasing? (20's for JLT)

Comment

Tombstone is going novice chasing Leman. Elliott has said that trips over two to two hand a half miles are ideal. I don't suppose that helps much.....

Comment

Well... it narrows it down to two (unless he doesn't take to fences...).

Comment

Gigginstown runners and SP's in the Arkle
              2016 - The Game Changer - 14/1
              2015 - Clarcam - 16/1
              2014 - Trifolium - 11/4J
              2013 - No runner
              2012 - No runner

Compared with the JLT:
              2016 - Outlander - 6/1
              2015 - Valsuer Lido - 9/2
              2014 - Mozoltov - 11/1
              2013 - No runner
              2012 - Sir Des Champs - 3/1

Doesn't seem like they put much effort in to finding a good two mile chaser. Tombstone was tipped up plenty as being over priced before the Supreme, carried some of my cash and a battling 4th wasn't bad in a potentially decent renewal, but beaten a fair way... Identity Thief's price is nothing special if he turned up in the Arkle. Same two horses are the only ones at this stage in the JLT betting anywhere near the top too. Wouldn't tempt me in Leman, and the guys here made a very solid case for Old Guard at a similar price too

Comment

^ spot on. O'Leary has said the objective has always been to find another War of Attrition. Identity Thief a bit of an oddity for them - have they ever had another G1 winning hurdler at 2miles ?

Comment

Hendo on Altior

Comment

'probably going to win the Champion Hurdle but we're not going to try that'

Comment

Thanks Mayo - hadn't seen that yet.

Morning Glory - Apples Jade and Tiger Roll as 4 year olds but does tend to tail off doesn't it. I can't think of anything in the champion hurdle of note even running...

Comment

This is on RUK today:

Grade One-winning hurdler Identity Thief is under consideration for a chasing career this season.

Henry de Bromhead's six-year-old held his form admirably since he claimed the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle last November and signed off in April with a second-placed finish in the Punchestown Champion Hurdle.

Connections are now keen to see how he gets on over fences.

De Bromhead said: "There are a couple of nice two-mile beginners' chases in October, so we'll see.

"There's Punchestown mid-October and the end of October. He jumps well."

20's available about a grade 1 winning hurdler over the distance and starting over 2 miles. Shorter in the JLT betting though across the board at 16s

Comment

Have to say i've never been taken with Identity Thief. Has always seemed a scruffy jumper.

That being said chasing could be the making of him and there's few better than Henry de Bromhead as a trainer over fences and it would be great for him to taste success after the Potts episode this summer.

Comment

No, not caught my imagination either although his form has a nice look to it, if he improves for a fence.

Comment

Little forum teaser .... can you name a Gigginstown horse that was not ( at least a little) better over a fence ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone Cowboy View Post
                                Little forum teaser .... can you name a Gigginstown horse that was not ( at least a little) better over a fence ?
                                Bog Warrior.

Comment

Working...
                                X