Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutchinson is the rung below the jockeys that have gotten the rides IMO.

Mark Walsh with his zero festival winners ... I do like him, and think he should have a good week (Cantlow?) .... but is it a positive? Very hard to say that it is... Lack of chances I suppose until very recently. Miles better than Aidan Coleman regardless.

Pretty much fav across the boards now

Comment

• Hutchinson is possibly my favourite jockey but I don't think he was ever in with a chance of getting the ride on Yanworth

Comment

• Any reason he is your fav FM?

He was my fav in that Hennesy in 2015

Comment

• Is Coleman on BD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Any reason he is your fav FM?

He was my fav in that Hennesy in 2015
            I just think he always gives his horses the best chance of winning their races and makes very few mistakes. He has done me a few good turns in the past, most notably Smad Place in the Hennessy and Godsmejudge in the Scottish National.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
              Is Coleman on BD?
              Fehily is Buveur D'air and UNWIMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I just think he always gives his horses the best chance of winning their races and makes very few mistakes. He has done me a few good turns in the past, most notably Smad Place in the Hennessy and Godsmejudge in the Scottish National.
                Can't ask for much more. Was definitely on Godsmejudge as well in that race too

I think I like David Bass more than the average.

Comment

• The jockey only makes a difference on a few horses in a few races. The pros can nearly all do a job. Different with amateurs, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    The jockey only makes a difference on a few horses in a few races. The pros can nearly all do a job. Different with amateurs, of course.
                    It's like professionals in any sport though, some are better than others.

Comment

• Not enough to make a difference in one race though. McCoy won on Lord Noelie but also fell off when he would have won. Unless it's a very difficult horse I wouldn't have any problem with any of the top 40 pros in any given race.

Comment

• I wouldn't necessary have a problem with any of the top 40 jockeys but there are just some I prefer more than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          I wouldn't necessary have a problem with any of the top 40 jockeys but there are just some I prefer more than others.
                          Same in all sports

Comment

• No mention of Defi du Seuil and Charlie Parcs though, which suggests their targets aren't 100% confirmed still?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              No mention of Defi du Seuil and Charlie Parcs though, which suggests their targets aren't 100% confirmed still?
                              That would add up.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                The jockey only makes a difference on a few horses in a few races. The pros can nearly all do a job. Different with amateurs, of course.
                                I think day to day that is probably true but not at Cheltenham an particularly at the Festival.

Walsh and Geraghty are the top two for a reason. Ruby gets plenty of good ones to pick from but his record in the Supreme includes horses who werent the best in the race - Al Ferof & Champgane Fever. Geraghty won Champion Hurdles on Punjabi and Jezki which I dont think any other jock would have won.

Russell has figured out how to ride there too.

It never really was McCoys track. He was far better round Newbury and Aintree.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X