Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    I would love if he runs here cos I got 4pts on at 40/1 ew. Not sure if he has the experience to win though unless he has improved. First things first is that he needs to get here.
    I have a small bet on him at 50/1. I think Andy Holding put him up on oddschecker before Christmas and he put up a good case so I had a nibble. It'd be nice to get a run for our money but he's still quite strong on the exchanges for the Supreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I have a small bet on him at 50/1. I think Andy Holding put him up on oddschecker before Christmas and he put up a good case so I had a nibble. It'd be nice to get a run for our money but he's still quite strong on the exchanges for the Supreme.
      Hes drifted out to 6's on the exchanges today for the supreme, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Hes drifted out to 6's on the exchanges today for the supreme, so fingers crossed.
        Was it mentioned last night that there could be something up with him and he may not be going no at all? Will have a look for it

Comment

You're right LR. Weak in the Supreme and into 28 for the Champion

Comment

• David Casey remarked at a preview night last night that he'd heard that they were finding the horse difficult to train and might not be ready for the Festival.

Comment

• Pipe in weekender " I must warn readers we are thinking seriously about the champion hurdle instead. He is already 8 and it might be wise to give it a go if the field continues to cut up.so we will have a look at the 5 day entries and make a decision then.

Comment

• Just listened to the FFP and Emmet says he's heard he did a major piece of work recently which led to the owners wanting to go CH, but Pipe would rather go Supreme

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemorebusiness View Post
                  Just took some 8/1 on Petit Mouchoir from Betfair. Think he must have a huge chance in this, his turn of foot is awesome, the two hammerings pf Nichol's Canyon and the way he was running in the Fighting Fifth before falling looking like big form, HdB sounding quietly confident... Can anyone put me off going deeper into the rabbit hole on this one?
                  I have no major view on the race yet (still!!) but i'm not that taken with PM. I said recently that I think the track may not suit. Harsh to say perhaps with just the Supreme run to base his liking for Cheltenham but I think he does best at flatter/level tracks. Willie Mullins (who trained the horse last year) maybe thinks the same:

(Mullins on Footpad):

He will run in the Champion Hurdle. We are hoping that Cheltenham will suit him better than Petit Mouchoir, so wherever he finishes, we are hopeful we’ll be ahead of him.
                  You could also read the likely of Nichols Canyon missing the festival and being in and out of form for the season as a negative. If NC was firing in the 2 Leopardstown runs then it looks good but take NC out of his 2 runs and I think his runs lack any substance.

(Mullins on Nichols Canyon):

I’m not so sure about Nichols Canyon. He has had an in-and-out season and I might just leave him off until the Punchestown Festival. I’ve changed a few things with home recently and if he starts to sparkle, he might go to Cheltenham yet, but at the moment he isn’t looking the likeliest of runners there.
                  Tombstone a negative as well perhaps being supplemented? Different owners but could suggest Gigginstown don't have the strongest confidence on the horse

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                    Pipe in weekender " I must warn readers we are thinking seriously about the champion hurdle instead. He is already 8 and it might be wise to give it a go if the field continues to cut up.so we will have a look at the 5 day entries and make a decision then.
                    10/1 now on PP.

Comment

10/1 now on PP.
                      Glad I took a little bit of 33/1 on Ladbrokes a while ago as insurance for my Supreme bet...

Comment

• 10/1 for moon racer is awful. If you're not on already that can't be a price anyone would consider backing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          10/1 for moon racer is awful. If you're not on already that can't be a price anyone would consider backing?
                          Currently 5.8 on Betfair. That is absolutely outrageous.

EDIT: And still available at 25s with Ladbrokes, no NRNB. Bizarre market. Will probably lay some off before he goes back out again
                          Last edited by Seemorebusiness; 2 March 2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Hi all, new poster here. I have 33's for this for moon racer but also have him in the supreme doubled with yorkhill jlt. I give him more than a live chance in this race and understand the prices if this is the confirmed target. Not only is his course form 100%, he has already beaten yanworth (at cheltenham). Yes that was two years ago, and yes they weren't jumping hurdles, but i can't see that moon racer has regressed at all even with his injury problems (in fact you could argue he is still progressing given that this will be just his 7th run). I also think he's a better jumper of a hurdle than yanworth so that might also be to his advantage. If there is word that moon racer is going to the champion then i think that any price bigger than yanworth may prove to be value

Comment

• Hi breeze. Welcome.

I think to take literal bumper form over hurdles is not wise (same as hurdles to fences).. other points you made are fair, but if Yanworth goes off fav, do you genuinly think moon racer should be shorter,and therefore fav in the CH?

Comment

• I think the first day has turned into a bit of a minefield, to the point where i now seem to have several horses in each race covered. I look solely for winners and in the champion I just can't have brain power, petit mouchoir, or buveur dair winning the race, for numerous reasons. It's between yanworth and moon racer for me. Limini is the conundrum as no telling if she's improved as much as the win the other week would suggest, and also if she can back it up (that's been an issue for her previously). Will be happy escaping from the tuesday level now, and then hopefully the rest of the week is where the profit is to be made!

Comment

Working...
                                X