Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more and more I see these champion hurdle contenders the more I think MTOY has been massively over looked at 50/1. Yes, his early season form hasn't been great, but as stated previously I can find excuses for these. His form at Cheltenham despite not winning is really consistent. Four 2nd places, 2 in the Champion Hurdle and one in a pretty competitive Supreme.

I'm not surprised Nicky has given him a break as he runs well when fresh and spring time at Cheltenham is perfect for him.

I'm already on 5pts each way, but may go in again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      I'd say no but the Champion hurdle next year has the makings of an epic renewal:

Faugheen
      Arctic Fire
      MTOY
      Annie Power
      Altior
      Ivanovic Gorbatov
      Yorkhill

No doubt there will be defections and injuries but that would be some race....
      Forgot to add, as the above list was straight after last years race, if someone had said MTOY was 50/1 without the above lot of horses as challengers most would have bitten the hands off whoever was offering this.

Such is now looking like the case, and I can't believe this horse has declined so much given him being so lightly raced for his age to now be 50/1 for this race.

Comment

• It looks like he's regressed massively to me CoD. He still races too keenly and doesn't appear to be getting home. I went to the paddock at Haydock on betfair chase day and he looked really well (never seen as much head gear on a horse though) but he disappointed and has done again since.

However, at 50/1 you expect plenty of negatives. If he returned to form is give him a chance of placing again in what is an open year.

Comment

• IMO if Yanworth jumps like that in the Champion Hurdle he wont be winning it and would find it tough to place. From my eye his jumping was sticky and was all out to a horse rated 149 and only won by a length.
          Brain Power is standing out more and more.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of Chtibello and think he can run better than his odds suggest. Whoever they choose to ride him will need to hold onto him until very late, riding him to pass beaten horses in the last furlong, with the aim of pinching a place.

Comment

• The winner will come from the Supreme of last year. Petit Mouchoir is the horse. The change of tactics this year make this the horse to back this year. With doubts surrounding most of the principles, this horse will just run them ragged.

Comment

• I like your confidence MB but I can't see any horse in this field running them ragged. I think there will be 4 or 5 in with a chance when jumping the last

Comment

• I'm probably getting carried away because I'm on at 33-1, and I know I'm not the only one, but just can't see anything going past it over the last fence.

Comment

• I was someone who felt Yanworth should go to the Champion Hurdle when the season started. However, having watched him this season I find myself wondering why Buveur D'air was sent chasing and not Yanworth.

The shape he makes and how big he is at his hurdles made me think today. Anyone else thinking along similar lines?

Comment

• Been Looking at this race Long and hard this morning , I have a final selection of Yanworth , Petite mouchoir and Brain Power,. Looking at the trends /Stats , Definitely think it's between these 3. It wasn't pretty yesterday , but I am going to go with Yanworth , B.power and then P .mouchoir , as the first 3 , I think that on raceday ,Yanworth will step up a notch, after all , he's won all his prep races ,even if not impressively. The only thing might change the outlook for me is if VVm goes , as obviously she'll get the weight allowance.

Comment

• Who do you think BJG will ride? I've just watched the Cheltenham Preview from Ascot yesterday and betfair have it priced up as 4/6 Yanworth, 11/10 BD, 20/1 bar.

I thought it would be BD after yesterday's performance but not confident enough to have a bet.

Comment

• I thought Yanworth did OK yesterday, Wincanton is a real speedsters track with a long downhill run for most of the run in, the polar opposite of Cheltenham, he beat a couple of very good yardsticks abd proved he has the pace and change of gears over the minimum trip.
                          I completely accept the CH is a different ball game and only time will tell if he can beat the best (of those who turn up) but I'm not knocking the performance....

Comment

• Apples Jade for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                              Apples Jade for me.
                              She's a non runner, isn't she?

Comment

• Not what I was told today. But who knows?

Ive already backed her numb, but based on the above, the bet I took was Limini 4/1 for the Mares.

Comment

Working...
                                X