Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Djakadam looks like going into the history books as a nearly horse. He's only 7 and could well turn it around, but for once a Ricci horse keeps running into one. Hope Don Cossack gets the credit he deserves, I for one have been very late to the party.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensmith84 View Post
      Djakadam looks like going into the history books as a nearly horse. He's only 7 and could well turn it around, but for once a Ricci horse keeps running into one. Hope Don Cossack gets the credit he deserves, I for one have been very late to the party.
      Don Cossack has been a long time coming

Comment

VVM will be the Ricci Ryanair horse with Limini taking over in the Mares. I think they will run at least two in next years Gold Cup.

Anyone got views on horses that bleed ? Is there any way back for More of that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
          Anyone got views on horses that bleed ? Is there any way back for More of that ?
          They can come back but have to be treated gingerly.

Take this with a pinch of salt but when I was down by the winners enclosure I was within touching distance of Thistlecrack and I saw his right nostril was extremely red, I didn't see blood but I remember thinking I'd never seen a nostril that colour before, the left one wasn't as obviously red.
          Perhaps horses have veins in their nostrils and after 3m of championship racing the blood pumps through it gives the impression that the horse has bled ?
          I have no knowledge on the make up of horses, does anyone else ?

Comment

I've jumped on the 6/1 with 365 for On The Fringe next year, should still be the best horse in the race if turns up fit and well

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
              I've jumped on the 6/1 with 365 for On The Fringe next year, should still be the best horse in the race if turns up fit and well
              Will be 12 next year and more vulnerable to a young improver (just one winner 12 or over since 1990, Earthmover 2004).
              I got told he put in an exceptional piece of work a week before Cheltenham which probably explain why he was punted into 13/8, but he only held on a neck with a fast finishing pack closing, I think next year will be tough for him but at least you know his target !
              Also, if he goes in at Aintree and/or Punchestown you can probably lay some off and have a free bet (if that's your style)

Comment

Been thinking again about the Mullins battalions.

Splitting the Ricci horses is one way to go at it but maybe the real lesson from this year is they go where Ruby wants. His record is such that it is hard to argue with his judgement but there will always be the possibility that horses end up in the wrong race because he cant ride two.

The Wylie ones need to go in the mix.

What we know is that he has already nominated Arkle for Yorkhill.

We also heard that he wanted Nicols C to go for the World Hurdle.

also Black Hercules is a good ride in the Ryanair allowing Vautour to go somewhere else.

Just thinking out loud

Comment

:o

I've gone in

Ivanovich Gorbatov @ 16/1 Champion Hurdle
                  Barters Hill @ 14/1 RSA
                  Ballyandy @ 14/1 Neptune
                  Jezki @ 14/1 World Hurdle
                  More Of That @ 33/1 Gold Cup

( its a bit on an anti Mullins one)

Comment

Yorkhill 7/2 Arkle
                    Altior 8/1 champion hurdle
                    Alpha Des Obeaux 8/1 RSA
                    Thistlecrack 10/1 gold cup

£5 trebles and £5 acca.

That is it until after Aintree.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Yorkhill 7/2 Arkle
                      Altior 8/1 champion hurdle
                      Alpha Des Obeaux 8/1 RSA
                      Thistlecrack 10/1 gold cup

£5 trebles and £5 acca.

That is it until after Aintree.
                      We will see F_M.

I usually say my goodbye's here after the Fest, but this year I am going to hang around until Aintree. I need the racing to keep my mind of work.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                        We will see F_M.

I usually say my goodbye's here after the Fest
                        I think was the case for many last year but I hope you and others stick around through the Summer.
                        As a NH fan I feel deflated after Cheltenham because that what the season builds up to, but as others have pointed out there are big meetings at Newbury coming up, a decent Haydock card this Sat, Aintree, Sandown (Whitbread day), Punchestown, Perth and then you get the regular Summer cards at the likes of Newton Abbot, Stratford, Worcester, The Rasen etc, there is plenty of NH stuff to keep us interested.
                        This place was like a ghost town at times last year, I hope this can be avoided in the upcoming Summer period

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Will be 12 next year and more vulnerable to a young improver (just one winner 12 or over since 1990, Earthmover 2004).
                          I got told he put in an exceptional piece of work a week before Cheltenham which probably explain why he was punted into 13/8, but he only held on a neck with a fast finishing pack closing, I think next year will be tough for him but at least you know his target !
                          Also, if he goes in at Aintree and/or Punchestown you can probably lay some off and have a free bet (if that's your style)
                          Haven't heard of anything or seen anything in these hunter chases that look like they could trouble him, yes taken note of age but worth a punt at 6s

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            I think was the case for many last year but I hope you and others stick around through the Summer.
                            As a NH fan I feel deflated after Cheltenham because that what the season builds up to, but as others have pointed out there are big meetings at Newbury coming up, a decent Haydock card this Sat, Aintree, Sandown (Whitbread day), Punchestown, Perth and then you get the regular Summer cards at the likes of Newton Abbot, Stratford, Worcester, The Rasen etc, there is plenty of NH stuff to keep us interested.
                            This place was like a ghost town at times last year, I hope this can be avoided in the upcoming Summer period
                            I'll be sticking around throughout the year. I don't mind the flat but much prefer the jumps. Anyway, plenty of big races to come before the flat takes over.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              I'll be sticking around throughout the year. I don't mind the flat but much prefer the jumps. Anyway, plenty of big races to come before the flat takes over.
                              Sorry, I moved my post to the members area.Please read.

Last edited by loveracing; 22 March 2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

May have pm'd you twice LR

Comment

Working...
                                X