Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm just about back in the land of the living.

So far I've backed Thistlecrack to win the Gold Cup and I'm considering adding Altior in the Champion Hurdle.

I won't be backing a Mullins horse until the win any race markets are up.

Comment

If Ricci is set on the Gold cup they could switch things around more than people think. Douvan could go over longer trips, they could go novice chasing with Faugheen with the RSA in mjnd, this may mean Vautour drops back for the QM, still leaving Ricci with AP/Min/Limini/VVM to target the major hurdle races.
      Watch the entries at Punchestown to see what distance the races are that these horses are put into, that can be a good pointer to where they will be aimed next season

Comment

For me not touching any Mullins horses, ive learned a lesson...but 6/1 for Don Cossack will be my only ante post bet!!

Comment

My prediction for Riccis

Supreme- Senewalk
          Champion Hurdle- Faugheen (or Annie Power)
          Champion Chase- Douvan
          World Hurdle- Vroum Vroum Mag
          Mares Hurdle- Limini
          Arkle- Min
          Ryanair- Djakadam
          Gold Cup- Vautour
          Annie Power - JLT
          Mares Novice - Lets Dance

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
            My prediction for Riccis

Supreme- Senewalk
            Champion Hurdle- Faugheen (or Annie Power)
            Champion Chase- Douvan
            World Hurdle- Vroum Vroum Mag
            Mares Hurdle- Limini
            Arkle- Min
            Ryanair- Djakadam
            Gold Cup- Vautour
            Annie Power - JLT
            Mares Novice - Lets Dance
            Snap!!!! OV I like the way your thinking as well. Had a fantastic Cheltenham hand have just had a 40p win super Heinz on the 7 and let's see what happens. It's a hit and hope bet so no really bother if nothing comes of it. But if they all line up. I may need a retirement plan in place lol

Comment

Yorkhill wins the Arkle though

Dont think there are odds beyond the Championship races ?

Comment

Yorkhill must be a good bet to turn up in, and win, the Arkle, Ruby's quote was "he'll win the Arkle next year with his mouth open ", whatever that means, I've done the Yorkhill/Faugheen double, and stuck Senewalk in for a nice opening treble, will keep feeding that double, currently paying around 14/1 at 365

Comment

The problem with Arkle bets is the JLT.

Comment

I had a dream last night that Annie went to the JLT and if Mullins continues to want to split up riccis horses then this would be the only real option for her. If they go the route that my instinct is telling me they will, they could have a real good crack at sweeping the championship races.

Bet365 have quite a few races already priced up would like to see the JLT priced up though for interest

Comment

Placed mine with 365, quite a few priced up as JM says

Comment

True, but a few quid here and there throughout the Summer can mount up, mix them up and I find it can result in a couple of really decent bets by the time the fez comes around, based on Ruby's aftermath comment that could well be Yorkhills early thoughts target. Min looked a little flat footed in the Supreme so, if he goes chasing may well be Riccis JLT horse

Comment

I understand the logic behind Djakadam in the Ryanair. He's so impressive over 2m5f, but he's a staying chaser and will surely run in the Gold Cup until his rating drops off.

The way they've bungled the Vautour situation, he should never be mentioned as a Gold Cup horse again. If Vautour runs in the GC then it's simply Ricci getting desperate. Vautour vs Djakadam in the Ryanair would be a cracking race, but one that Vautour would surely win.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensmith84 View Post
                            I understand the logic behind Djakadam in the Ryanair. He's so impressive over 2m5f, but he's a staying chaser and will surely run in the Gold Cup until his rating drops off.

The way they've bungled the Vautour situation, he should never be mentioned as a Gold Cup horse again. If Vautour runs in the GC then it's simply Ricci getting desperate. Vautour vs Djakadam in the Ryanair would be a cracking race, but one that Vautour would surely win.
                            The way that ruby was all the rides they will be split up as usual. Djakadam has had 2 cracks at it now with a better horse beating him both times. I think they go Vautour this year.

Comment

Vautour will go back to the King George I would think and they will take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                                Vautour will go back to the King George I would think and they will take it from there.
                                Connections seem to think Vautour was bottomed by the King George and that's what almost cost him his Cheltenham place, I can see them dropping him back and aiming at the QM, or maybe Ryanair again, I don' t see Djakadam in the Ryanair unless they campaign Douvan over longer. Just my opinion but I think the fast ground beat Djakadam, it really played to the strengths of DC, with softer I think it would have been much closer

Comment

Working...
                                X