Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2015 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my recent ante post bets:

3pts Saphir du rheu to win any race 12/1
    1pt Caid due berlais Ryanair 39/1
    2pts Tell me more Neptune 20/1, 1pt any race 12/1
    1pt No More Heroes Albert Bartlett 16/1
    1pt Balder Success QMCC 14/1

Already over 10 points in NR's though, mostly through multis.

Started laying Faugheen at 3.20 in case he doesn't make it. He'll still be my biggest ever winner by an order of magnitude.

How's everyone else's bets looking?

Comment

^ Oscar Whisky has put a big hole in my multiples but I'll get over it.

Comment

Uxizandre 20/1 ew Ryanair
        Jetson 25/1 ew World Hurdle
        Out Sam 16/1 ew Neptune
        Coneygree 12/1 ew RSA

plus Yankee

Comment

L'ami Serge 14's Open Eagle 33's
          Rsa Champagne West 16's
          Ryanair Taquin Du Seuil 16's
          Triumph Hurdle Hargam 16's & 12's each way
          Chartbreaker 33's
          Albert Bartlett Mahler Lad 20's each way. Hoping he gets a run before.
          Road to riches 20's
          World Hurdle Beat That 10's.

Happy with some. Hoping one or 2 will get a run before festival.

Comment

Some nice prices there Liam.

Took the 4/1 about Sprinter Sacre here.
            Considering Bobs Worth And Chamagne Fever for Ryanair. Both have the festival form.

Comment

Cheers Sprinter Good price on Sprinter @ 4's. Road To Riches was for the Gold Cup by way.

Comment

Hello all, I'm new to the site.i would like to post my ante post bets so far.Ive had 3 bets so far.10ew treble Douvan 6/1 Supreme, Jezki 6/1 Champion Hurdle and Hargam 16/1 Triumph.A lucky 63 Douvan 6/1 Supreme, Un De Sceaux 6/1 Arkle, Sprinter Sacre 7/2 Champion Chase, Tell Us More 10/1 Neptune,Black Hercules 10/1 Albert Bartlett, Boston Bob 25/1 Gold Cup.Boston Bob 25/1 10ew Gold Cup.All bets placed 1st wk in Dec.Heres hoping!!

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                  Hello all, I'm new to the site.i would like to post my ante post bets so far.Ive had 3 bets so far.10ew treble Douvan 6/1 Supreme, Jezki 6/1 Champion Hurdle and Hargam 16/1 Triumph.A lucky 63 Douvan 6/1 Supreme, Un De Sceaux 6/1 Arkle, Sprinter Sacre 7/2 Champion Chase, Tell Us More 10/1 Neptune,Black Hercules 10/1 Albert Bartlett, Boston Bob 25/1 Gold Cup.Boston Bob 25/1 10ew Gold Cup.All bets placed 1st wk in Dec.Heres hoping!!
                  Welcome Iain - the more on here the better !

Looks like all the runners in your lucky 63 are still going ...only another 8 weeks to go.

Comment

Thanx for the welcome Old Vic.i must admit my lucky 63 was a speculative bet at the time for just a small stake, however I'm now beginning to get excited ha, I love trying to second guess mullins much to my cost over the years but this time I hope ive got the right horses in the right races!!

Comment

I think you have the Mullins hurdlers in right races Iain - whether they win is another thing altogether !

Comment

Jollyallan
                        Gilgamboa
                        AV
                        Martello Tower

Win only Yankee 22 pays £187k

Comment

Kicking myself for not doing an early double on UDS on Arkle and Vautour in JLT. Paddy Power got that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                            UDS is going to scare a lot of them off so finding something that should run and backing each way (like Sgt Reckless) sounds like a great strategy to me.
                            I've been thinking about the ew element of a few of the races at Cheltenham this year and because of the number of very short price favs I think there are some great opportunities. People forget about the accumulative effect of the place part of an accumulator, especially when there are such big prices offered for top class horses. Maybe we could come up with a few ideas between us, perhaps the ante-post bets thread is the place for that, but worth considering in my view. eg; Sgt Reckless 20/1, Hurricane Fly 8/1 Champagne Fever 8/1 and Hargam 12/1, all 1/4 odds for a place, the place acca pays around 216/1, over 2 grand for a tenner, stick Kings Palace in there at 5/1 and you're near £5000, if they're all placed, £500 for a quid, you could have 10 goes.

Comment

Going be adding Two Rockers 12's in the Foxhunters and Court Minstrel 16's Grand Annual Cloudy Copper 16's Festival Hcap Chase

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                                I've been thinking about the ew element of a few of the races at Cheltenham this year and because of the number of very short price favs I think there are some great opportunities. People forget about the accumulative effect of the place part of an accumulator, especially when there are such big prices offered for top class horses. Maybe we could come up with a few ideas between us, perhaps the ante-post bets thread is the place for that, but worth considering in my view. eg; Sgt Reckless 20/1, Hurricane Fly 8/1 Champagne Fever 8/1 and Hargam 12/1, all 1/4 odds for a place, the place acca pays around 216/1, over 2 grand for a tenner, stick Kings Palace in there at 5/1 and you're near £5000, if they're all placed, £500 for a quid, you could have 10 goes.
                                I like these bets !

lets try and find a few high priced horses to take the shorties on with. Good shortlist above and Liam seems to have a few fancies in the handicaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X