• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Thanks VF , good work

I’ve backed Theatre Territory for this Nrnb, probably right re Aintree in mind , but I just thought she has Ok course form and being owned by Waley-Cohen, you’d think he’d want to have a runner at the Fest? Downside though, never won a chase :grumpy:
 
UTPT entered at Warwick at the weekend
 
Thanks VF , good work

I’ve backed Theatre Territory for this Nrnb, probably right re Aintree in mind , but I just thought she has Ok course form and being owned by Waley-Cohen, you’d think he’d want to have a runner at the Fest? Downside though, never won a chase :grumpy:

Theatre Terriory was being targeted at the National at the beginning of the season but that seems a pipe dream now given her current mark.
 
ACTIVIAL - T.GEORGE

Activial has an entry for the Ryanair Chase but I can't see it being competitive in that race off a mark of 146. Im expecting the handicap route for Activial.
Activial has a best RPR over 3 miles which is a big stat for this race. Activial performed with great credit recently at Ascot over 2.5m trying to give Kildistat nearly a stone and failing by a head clawing back all the way to the line.
Activial also has festival form when beaten 2 necks into 3rd in the Coral Cup.

Im not sure this is the target as they may well take in the Brown A instead??

Interesting player if entered.
 
Paul Kealy puts up Coo Star Sivola at the end of the Racing Postcast at 25/1 for the Ultima.

He should subscribe here... :highly_amused:
 
Paul Kealy puts up Coo Star Sivola at the end of the Racing Postcast at 25/1 for the Ultima.

He should subscribe here... :highly_amused:

Yep, same Kealy who thinks there's no value in NRNB markets ???
 
Any thoughts on the run of UTPT today?
 
Any thoughts on the run of UTPT today?

He looked a bit flat, once I saw him racing wide in the early stages I knew he wouldn't be winning that race. Hopefully he will drop a few pounds and then be nicely weighted for this. I still have some hope.
 
UTPT was a very obvious non trier today....
 
Said this earlier UTPT is fully focused on the National, I wouldn’t back him in the Ultima, theybwont risk him taking so much out of himself again
 
Can argue a bit of substance for Kings potential other runner now "Chosen Path" with Mister Malarky winning today , we've touched on his owner is the sponsor so whilst not certain to run would be a surprise if not . Slightly under the radar as no mentions in Kings weekley column in the Weekender but can't envisage he will shorten much whilst ever Talkischeap is deemed stable #1 :confused:
 
Well I came here to say that Skybet have pushed Jerrysback to 20/1 nrnb for this which I’m on the verge of taking. But then noticed 365 have gone 40s! Not nrnb obviously but that’s a big price. This is the only race that I’d see as an option now, certainly the only race I’d fancy him in anyway. I think he’s crying out for further, Barry was niggling all the way round today and he’s been done by a mare who is clearly thriving. Two 145 rivals finished on top of each other 9L behind. My one worry is the abysmal run on his sole Cheltenham visit but that was his first start in ages and debut over fences.
 
Well I came here to say that Skybet have pushed Jerrysback to 20/1 nrnb for this which I’m on the verge of taking. But then noticed 365 have gone 40s! Not nrnb obviously but that’s a big price. This is the only race that I’d see as an option now, certainly the only race I’d fancy him in anyway. I think he’s crying out for further, Barry was niggling all the way round today and he’s been done by a mare who is clearly thriving. Two 145 rivals finished on top of each other 9L behind. My one worry is the abysmal run on his sole Cheltenham visit but that was his first start in ages and debut over fences.

VF,
I'd be worried about him getting home over 3.1m
 
VF,
I'd be worried about him getting home over 3.1m

He looks a real big staying type to me doc, I really reckon he wants a trip. I think I remember Jono making a case for him in the 4miler thread early in the season. It would probably help his jumping too which is often a bit steady and deliberate.
 
VF,
I'd be worried about him getting home over 3.1m

Why?

I can't see where you'd have formed that opinion from doctor?

He's looked like a more staying type in all his runs hasn't he?
 
Last edited:
Why?

I can't see where you'd have formed that opinion from doctor?

He's looked like a more staying type in all his runs hasn't he?

Kept coming back on the bridle for me. Definite stayer, lacks pace.
 
Why?

I can't see where you'd have formed that opinion from doctor?

He's looked like a more staying type in all his runs hasn't he?

Simple really Kev.
All Ultima winners have recorded their best RPR over 3miles. He's not been beyond 2.5m.
 
Simple really Kev.
All Ultima winners have recorded their best RPR over 3miles. He's not been beyond 2.5m.

:encouragement: I see.

I don't think they'll be running him over 3m to get a handicap mark higher before the Ultima, so if he does end up there, that'll be a trend he'd have to overcome.

There is a lot of sense to that particular trend.