• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Triumph Hurdle 2018

There's a few in the betting for mullins.

Saldier
Stormy ireland
Saglawy
Chante neige
Eden flight

Fair one, was only checking out on Hills. I see Act of Valour is entered up at Newcastle Saturday, could be informative
 
A dangerous game, but I'm happy to stick with whatever JP has in this, as recent years have seen him target it, and he seems to end up with some of the best juveniles, I can only assume with this race in mind. Currently have Apples Shakira, Espoir D'Allen & Demopolis against the field.
 
Fair one, was only checking out on Hills. I see Act of Valour is entered up at Newcastle Saturday, could be informative

I'm led to believe he's something very special, either that or Sao has regressed massively since the switch.
 
A dangerous game, but I'm happy to stick with whatever JP has in this, as recent years have seen him target it, and he seems to end up with some of the best juveniles, I can only assume with this race in mind. Currently have Apples Shakira, Espoir D'Allen & Demopolis against the field.

Also Empreinte Reconce, not sure if she goes hurdling yet this season but she was as highly rated as Apples Shakira from what I’ve seen of reports of the French imports
 
Interesting, hopefully we see him out Saturday
When ever hes out. Dont back him till you watch the race. Or close to the end . Not one for discussing information as you can look very silly when it dosent translate to the track. But the plan originally was after christmas because he was being gelded
 
When ever hes out. Dont back him till you watch the race. Or close to the end . Not one for discussing information as you can look very silly when it dosent translate to the track. But the plan originally was after christmas because he was being gelded

All information good information, people can choose what to do with it. I won’t back at this stage, if the info is that he’s been working all over Sao at home then that’s only positive. As with all the French horses it’s hard to tell what the form amounts to until we’ve seen them out on the track
 
All information good information, people can choose what to do with it. I won’t back at this stage, if the info is that he’s been working all over Sao at home then that’s only positive. As with all the French horses it’s hard to tell what the form amounts to until we’ve seen them out on the track

Tom Malone purchased him And was raving about him and a pt to pt horse Danny kirwan as his best 2 purchases aside from slate house.
 
Tom Malone purchased him And was raving about him and a pt to pt horse Danny kirwan as his best 2 purchases aside from slate house.

40/1 Act of Valour are you talking about?
 
Yes that's the one. Could look silly here though lol.

Can look silly 39 times in a row at those odds though. :highly_amused:
 
Anyone know when espoir d'allen is next due out?
 
Can look silly 39 times in a row at those odds though. :highly_amused:

Any worth mentioning?

"Act Of Valour is a three-year-old that will arrive after Christmas. I bought him off Qatar for Max McNeill. I bought a horse this weekend called Danny Kirwan for Paul Nicholls. We’re gonna hear an awful lot about him. He won a point-to-point in Lisronagh (three) weeks ago and he’s a four-year-old that has the world at his feet. He absolutely destroyed a field of point-to-pointers"
 
Act of valour jocked up now for Saturday at Newcastle, will get to find out to some extent if he is the real deal.
 
Act of valour jocked up now for Saturday at Newcastle, will get to find out to some extent if he is the real deal.

He looks very interesting and cheers for the insight. At 40s thought it would be foolish not to take a small punt, only 0.5pts on him, will go in for more if he shows up well on Saturday. I don't think Apples Shakira wins this race for numerous little reasons, if we see a hurdles entry for Empreinte Reconce (I had a note that she is being lined up for a hurdle race maybe at Aintree a week Saturday, or similarly could start off in a bumper) then I will have a bit on her also
 
Makitorix vs Mengli Khan in the Royal Bond, amongst others of course, but for me, should one of them win then that's my Supreme bet sorted, after the Annamix catastrophe!

Having looked at the record of the actual winners of the Royal Bond for the Supreme I don't actually think I'll bother. Certainly no negative losing in this race that's for sure, for instance, Champagne Fever was beat by Jezki in the Royal Bond, but the roles were reversed come the Supreme.
 
Having looked at the record of the actual winners of the Royal Bond for the Supreme I don't actually think I'll bother. Certainly no negative losing in this race that's for sure, for instance, Champagne Fever was beat by Jezki in the Royal Bond, but the roles were reversed come the Supreme.

I remember watching jezki win that race and followed him keenly ever since.:triumphant:
 
Found it interesting Ricci talking about being the under-bidder on Apple's Shakira .... he genuinly sounded excited by the horses potential too!