• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

MARTIN PIPE Conditionals Handicap Hurdle

…..which it might need to get in.

Edit; As per Saxon Warrior, up 10lb to 135. Not sure what that means for here if entered.

I can't see where Saxon Warrior said this , but I can't see an updated rating on the BHA site and, anyway, he ran off 127 on Saturday. Have to believe it will be more than eight pounds.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
For looking after a horse??????!!!!!!!

If they want to look after it they'd never run it ever again? I dont see your point?

How exactly are they looking after it?

Isn't this game about racehorses racing?

I'd have no issue if it were injured or showing signs of lameness or fatigue... but that hasnt been said has it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
I can't see where Saxon Warrior said this , but I can't see an updated rating on the BHA site and, anyway, he ran off 127 on Saturday. Have to believe it will be more than eight pounds.

….sorry, it’s the updated RPR he was highlighting (his Diary post #1665); up 10lb to 135.
 
If they want to look after it they'd never run it ever again? I dont see your point?

How exactly are they looking after it?

Isn't this game about racehorses racing?

I'd have no issue if it were injured or showing signs of lameness or fatigue... but that hasnt been said has it?

Maybe read it again!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Exar Essay
Henn see runs on Thursday I really liked his run in France and have one eye on him for this wasn’t impressive over Christmas but think the extra furlongs will help
 
Henn see runs on Thursday I really liked his run in France and have one eye on him for this wasn’t impressive over Christmas but think the extra furlongs will help

Agree Arkle. My only concern is whether Thurles will be raceable on Thursday.

If it is - great, all we need to worry about is how hard a race he's had after running through what will likely be heavy ground. If racing does not go ahead, will there be sufficient time to get a 3rd hurdles run into him before Cheltenham and giving him enough time to recover for the MP.
 
Agree Arkle. My only concern is whether Thurles will be raceable on Thursday.

If it is - great, all we need to worry about is how hard a race he's had after running through what will likely be heavy ground. If racing does not go ahead, will there be sufficient time to get a 3rd hurdles run into him before Cheltenham and giving him enough time to recover for the MP.

Going update this morning is only soft, not even heavy in places, so should be fine on both fronts.

But I think there’s a deadline that’s a matter of a few days after Thursday for handicap performances to be taken into account for the festival (weights next Wednesday) so highly unlikely that this is the plan.
 
  • Like
Reactions: On The Fringe
Going update this morning is only soft, not even heavy in places, so should be fine on both fronts.

But I think there’s a deadline that’s a matter of a few days after Thursday for handicap performances to be taken into account for the festival (weights next Wednesday) so highly unlikely that this is the plan.

Thanks for the info ToniC. Good news about the state of the ground! I've got 27th February in my calendar as the last date to get qualified for the handicaps at Cheltenham.
 
Thanks for the info ToniC. Good news about the state of the ground! I've got 27th February in my calendar as the last date to get qualified for the handicaps at Cheltenham.

yes sorry, misunderstood your original post, as him needing another run after this!
 
yes sorry, misunderstood your original post, as him needing another run after this!

No worries ToniC, I think we are confusing each other! HS has had 2 hurdle runs already, 1 in France and 1 at Limerick over Xmas, so he will need to run (and complete I guess) in a hurdles race this week if he is to potentially turn up in a handicap hurdle at Cheltenham.
 
Ramillies going 2m4f race this week on Weds

Maybe here or Ballymore still poss?

Paul Jocked up

NRNB 20s for this
 
Langer Dan not far off the same price at Taunton tomorrow as he is antepost for Cheltenham. Seems legit :biggrin-new:
 
Langer Dan not far off the same price at Taunton tomorrow as he is antepost for Cheltenham. Seems legit :biggrin-new:

If he's more than 70-80% fit for tomorrow id be very surprised

Il be incredibly dissapointed if he wins tomorrow, would be very unlike dan Skelton
 
If he runs badly and the bookies push him out....

Surely not :greedy_dollars:
 
If he runs badly and the bookies push him out....

Surely not :greedy_dollars:

You never know, one might slip up and stick him out to the 16s he was when handicap prices first came out if he's out the back of the tele