• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

General Chat

15 now declared.

Cromwell didn't oversleep after all !
 
Do you think you are the best equipped to be monitoring the decs on behalf of the forum ?
I think asking Cartman from Southpark to do it would be a calmer experience. Would be slightly less drama 😘
Shut up, we all love a bit of drama !!

Had you all on your toes.........well, you on your corns.
 
As always, people can make their own choices but Metcheck seems to be saying rain starts tonight with 20mm or so before racing plus 15mm more during racing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
A lot of rain around Navan, including torrential downpours last night. Overcast and damp and drizzly this morning but the forecast tomorrow isn't good. It was soft to heavy Wednesday morning, must surely be heavy now. If the forecast rain arrives Friday, expect an inspection at the very least. Racing on largely fresh ground so that's a help. 50/50 it goes ahead imho.

Anyone else close by?
 
At least Cheltenham will dry out today as it's Sunny, warm and breezy. Could go back to Good before the heavy rain which helps.
 
I will be surprised if there is any racing anywhere tomorrow south of Manchester. Not often you get such a sustained Amber warning.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
Based on that I reckon they'll cancel tomorrow's racing in order not to put the weekend racing at risk.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yosser
It's not just the rain it's the 40mph winds as well.
 
They could try and switch tomorrow's card to Sunday. Won't please a lot of people that have been planning on Tomorrow but could get a lot of 'walk up' punters with it being a weekend day. Can't account for mother nature unfortunately.
 
They could try and switch tomorrow's card to Sunday. Won't please a lot of people that have been planning on Tomorrow but could get a lot of 'walk up' punters with it being a weekend day. Can't account for mother nature unfortunately.

There's already a Sunday card? Could try to fit a few extra races in Saturday and Sunday I guess but be a very early start.

Mad to think racing could be canceled due to heavy ground at the same meeting they called off the cross country because the ground was too quick...
 
  • Haha
Reactions: opatcho and Yosser
Navan is another major doubt. The East of Ireland is due a right hammering. Between 100-150mm
 
  • Wow
Reactions: opatcho
There's already a Sunday card? Could try to fit a few extra races in Saturday and Sunday I guess but be a very early start.

Mad to think racing could be canceled due to heavy ground at the same meeting they called off the cross country because the ground was too quick...
They did didn't they :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Had no idea there was a Sunday meeting. Just what i have read on here. I haven't looked. Not one of my betting weekends. November belongs to the Breeders Cup and i usually do my bollocks on that :ROFLMAO: I know about Navan because my tracker has been pinging like a good un for the past couple of days.

Don't see why they couldn't do what you suggest. They would be 2 value for money racecards. They would have to do a big of jiggery pokery with the rails to save some of the ground i think.
 
There's already a Sunday card? Could try to fit a few extra races in Saturday and Sunday I guess but be a very early start.

Mad to think racing could be canceled due to heavy ground at the same meeting they called off the cross country because the ground was too quick...
Exactly what they'll do. They'll transfer the three Graded races tomorrow to the weekend.