• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Lads I put it up on here yest then deleted it as I was worried too many people would take the price. I know COD took it as soon as I put it up.

I saw you posted, but missed before edit.

Managed to get 7pts @ 16s after the race, though.
 
Have to get some of those Singlefarmpayment free bets on him :highly_amused:
 
Anyone want to talk me out of cashing out my 40/1 ticket on Mt Leinster? Just looked beat by a better horse, no?
 
Anyone want to talk me out of cashing out my 40/1 ticket on Mt Leinster? Just looked beat by a better horse, no?

Wouldn't cash it out for a loss...

Better horse on the day definitely.... bertter horse in March, probably but Mt Leinster beat the rest. Codd was off the bridle first, as soon as he went past Patrick, Patrick gave up - didn't ask him for everything as today wasn't the be-all-and-end-all - and the money came late for the Elliott horse, you'd think he was READY for today, especially as Elliott said he's now not going to run until March.

Leave it ;)
 
I knew you’d talk sense Kev. Cash out is great, but it does also mean we’re liable to making unnecessarily rash decisions! Cash out value is full stake but I think the principal of what you’ve said still stands.

Leaving it. For now.
 
I knew you’d talk sense Kev. Cash out is great, but it does also mean we’re liable to making unnecessarily rash decisions! Cash out value is full stake but I think the principal of what you’ve said still stands.

Leaving it. For now.

I had 2x bets of 1.5 pts e/w and cashed out 1 of them to be fair VF :highly_amused:



Is Envoi Allen worth taking a bit of a punt on at 33/1 instead? Malone Road and Envoi Allen both made Mark Howard's 40 to follow in OJ and it's Envoi Allen that moved for the staggering 400k... can't go off the money spend obviously but if he comes out and wins a bumper that price will half within moments?
 
Last edited:
Yeah he’s one I’ve got an eye on, but I can’t help be put off by him having the same connections as Malone Road, who is clearly being aimed at Chelts. Will they want to pit them against each other? I’d have thought it’s likely they’re kept apart.
 
Yeah he’s one I’ve got an eye on, but I can’t help be put off by him having the same connections as Malone Road, who is clearly being aimed at Chelts. Will they want to pit them against each other? I’d have thought it’s likely they’re kept apart.

Perhaps - They're happy enough having runners against each other on the flat though... I've definitely seen a Blue, White and Red cap at one stage so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary?

If you spend that amount on a horse, do you want him missing the big spring meetings? I fully appreciate he may be looked after with a view to the future but I would have thought if he's good enough, they'd run him.
 
To be honest Kev, if backing with 365 the issue becomes somewhat redundant. If Envoi Allen comes out and wins I’m sure Gordon will be kind enough to let us know his thoughts on Cheltenham (it’ll be an obvious post-race interview question due to connections).

B365. God bless ‘em.
 
To be honest Kev, if backing with 365 the issue becomes somewhat redundant. If Envoi Allen comes out and wins I’m sure Gordon will be kind enough to let us know his thoughts on Cheltenham (it’ll be an obvious post-race interview question due to connections).

B365. God bless ‘em.

Exactly that after the Malone road race I backed Envoi allen at 33s and also put the same ammount on asterion forlonge at 33s. I'm very happy with them 3 for a small outlay.

Can cash out whenever you want if either dosent come out by feb The prices won't lengthen. Envoi allen will be out soon enough. Cant guarentee hes good as malone rd though
 
Last edited:
Its a little suspicious that Mullins tipped Mt Leinster when he has never given a tip to the general public before, I have cashed out, he must have something else in the yard better than Mt Leinster and maybe he wanted to find out how good Malone Road was, well he found that out, however the same could be said for Elliott he might have just wanted to see how good Mt Leinster was as he has one better than Malone Road or am I mad.
 
I cashed out my 1 point each way bet on Mt Leinster virtually straight away for 1.5 pts profit. Very impressive From Malone Road.
Elliott confirmed he will go straight to Cheltenham and when asked by Gary O’Brien if he had any more like Malone Road he replied in the affirmative. Envoi Allen??
 
OK boys you have given me all I need to know, thanks I'm now on Envio Allen before 365 get wind.
 
Exactly that after the Malone road race I backed Envoi allen at 33s and also put the same ammount on asterion forlonge at 33s. I'm very happy with them 3 for a small outlay.

Can cash out whenever you want if either dosent come out by feb The prices won't lengthen. Envoi allen will be out soon enough. Cant guarentee hes good as malone rd though


What’s the thinking behind AF Scooby?
 
What’s the thinking behind AF Scooby?

Mullins gave him a little mention at chelt few weeks ago seemed genuine and of the cuff. They paid a lot for him.

I wouldn't be tipping him up but hes one i personally want to take a chance on.
 
Just caught up with the rest of the racing and just watched this. Very impressive from the winner.... very hard to see those tables being turned in the big one. Think I will probably cash out at least half my stake on Mt Leinster.

Think he looks very short mind you. Wouldnt be overly keen on a flat bred in this race myself... its often a future stayer that wins it.
 
Fortunately got most of my bumper position with 365. You’d have to be disappointed the way Malone sped past him, for all Patrick took it easy after. I’m happy to keep hold of Mt. Leinster to see how he develops over the next few months. He looked a little keen to me today.

I’ve also got bets on Energumene and now Envoi Allen, couldn’t help but notice the glint in Gordon’s eye when he was asked if there were any others to come.
 
I’ve posted this a few times but I think that Envoi Allen is most likely to prove the classier of the two horses long term but Malone Road, with his more traditional NH breeding will likely be most suited to Cheltenham and the more likely runner. It still would not surprise me if both ended up at Cheltenham but the owners could decide to split them as they are big supporters of the Aintree meeting.