• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2026 Champion Hurdle

I know this game is all about opinions but if he’s anywhere near his best there is zero chance the new lion can beat him over 2 miles
And I’ve a feeling Skelton will win the big race this weekend which would mean the fighting fifth would be 3 big Saturday races in a row and racing doesn’t work like that
 
Without wanting to be facetious - how is being within a length or 2 of Golden Ace, the Champion Hurdler, not Champion Hurdle Form?

I watched that race back earlier and I think Danny Mullins went to have a go at beating State Man, she couldn't get there, blew up and went out on her shield, and Golden came past her after the last. If it was just those 2 i think she'd have won. In any state she was still only a baby last year and her hurdling numbers, with her allowance, are equally as good as anything coming out of the novice hurdle ranks.

Irancy will be 8 come March, Kargese just 6 - i think she has much more scope to improve than him and has the proven festival form over Anzadam.

But it's a game of onions, all of them have to improve a stone this season, she's as much a chance as the rest of them and as a bookbuilder 33/1 was too big not to get her onside.

She was the luckiest winner of a champ hdle in a long while and wouldnt be form id be taking forward

I also dont think its a given that she now goes hurdling tbh

I do agree though every horse has their price and 33s was fair👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: Craigy14
Does anyone have any insight on what Mullins will be declaring for the Morgiana
 
Does anyone have any insight on what Mullins will be declaring for the Morgiana
No, but the way Lossiemouth has been smashed in maybe they are going to test her 2m credentials early in order for them to make a decision early. Either that or Anzadam is injured again.....
 
No, but the way Lossiemouth has been smashed in maybe they are going to test her 2m credentials early in order for them to make a decision early. Either that or Anzadam is injured again.....
Anzadam solid on the exchanges, Lossie 2nd fav on there atm, not a lot of money about on the race currently so I guess plans are still fluid.
 
Anzadam solid on the exchanges, Lossie 2nd fav on there atm, not a lot of money about on the race currently so I guess plans are still fluid.
Lossiemouth drifting out for Hattons Grace as well. Ballyburn backed for that race.
 
Anzadam didnt work very well apparently
That'll be it then. If he misses the race Willie will still want to win it and I don't think he believes he can rely on Irancy stepping up to the plate.
 
That'll be it then. If he misses the race Willie will still want to win it and I don't think he believes he can rely on Irancy stepping up to the plate.

Worked class apparently :ROFLMAO:
 
Constipation Hill now fav on Exchanges for Fighting 5th over The New Lion
 
  • Like
Reactions: Johnoman66
Anzadam solid on the exchanges, Lossie 2nd fav on there atm, not a lot of money about on the race currently so I guess plans are still fluid.
Anzadam weak now
 
Im not!!
But if he came back and won the ff well,it would for me be one of the most enjoyable moments watching this sport

Apologies Lobos!!
That was meant for Faugheen!!
I totally agree I'm popping up the A19 for FF day can't wait, just hope they all turn up.
 
Is there no chance Poniros runs in the Champion Hurdle ? Time to Cash In you think ?