• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2026 Champion Hurdle

RP

Constitution Hill will school over hurdles on Wednesday with trainer Nicky Henderson and owner Michael Buckley to make a final call at the weekend on whether he runs in the Unibet Champion Hurdle.
I think he said decision would be made before the weekend.


Wednesday confirmed for Constitution Hill schooling​

But his jumping isn’t. Not any more. And that’s why Henderson is facing the biggest dilemma of his 48-year career. Constitution Hill will school on Wednesday with the trainer knowing a decision needs to be taken before the weekend.

“We’ll do something on Wednesday and then Michael (Buckley) and I have got to sit down, it’s as simple as that. Because of the interest in him we have to make a decision.

“It’s impossible. Everybody has an opinion. I have two great piles of paper. I’ve got four actually, the ones telling me how to school him over the years, what to jump and what not to jump.

“The post boxes are rammed full, Bit it’s 50-50. I promise you it’s 50-50.

“Every day I change my mind, but we have to say one way or the other.”

Before the weekend?

“Yes”.

Which way they’ll go, it’s impossible to read.

“The one thing he did do the other night is open up some sort of Flat career. The only thing that’s stupid about it is why did the idiotic trainer not realise this five years ago? Then it would be simple.”
 
I'm tempted to have a decent bit on at these prices.

If they let it fester until the weekend as they've indicated then there's room for doubt to creep in and price to come back in possibly.

Doubt to creep into the market I mean, and people start backing him again thinking he's too big since there's still no confirmation.
Has Hendo actually said the weekend or are we going on what a journalist has said. We are not talking about the most ethical professions here are we….race horse trainers and journalists 🥶
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Irish Rugby
he never said weekend in anything i read, it was goint to be today
 
It’s minute details and it’s fascinating. I appreciate the decision has to be made sooner or later, but there’s still time to go. It’ll be on Wednesday or Thursday."

That’s the last quote I’ve seen
 
I'll hold off then, thought i read it would be the weekend.

Drift could be leading to an announcement that people know is coming in the next few hours.
 
I've had a bit at 23-1.
worth the risk that the yard or other parties are manipulating the market again.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
😂😂😂

This just gets better and better
 
I've had a bit at 23-1.
worth the risk that the yard or other parties are manipulating the market again.
I've put him in a treble with F2F Gold Cup and Gaelic Ryanair. Pays for next year's Round The World Cruise.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Black Dog
Yeah apparently there's footage of him smashing into a hurdle.

If that's true, the problem with that now is that even if they did want to run him, they would no longer have an "out" if the worst did happen in the champion hurdle.

They could no longer say "his schooling was perfect and that's all we could go on", as people would point out the footage and tell them they obviously knew there was a high chance of another fall.
 
Yeah apparently there's footage of him smashing into a hurdle.

If that's true, the problem with that now is that even if they did want to run him, they would no longer have an "out" if the worst did happen in the champion hurdle.

They could no longer say "his schooling was perfect and that's all we could go on", as people would point out the footage and tell them they obviously knew there was a high chance of another fall.
It's hard to believe that this footage is out in the open.
Very poor on their part, or it's fake.

We already know that this horse is more likely to fall than most.
He is a Flat horse after all :ROFLMAO: