• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Well done Arcie
 
A great way to sign off Archie - congratulations! :encouragement:
 
Well done archie, thanks for the constant updates through her career too. :)
 
Must be great to have an involvement with a horse so talented, you must have many special memories...
 
Thanks all. What a mare she's been. Just the one bumper run/win in 2015 but since July 2016 she's run 13 times, won 8 (including Listed, G3 and G1 over hurdles and Listed on the flat) and placed 3, earning over £165k. Not bad for a £20k purchase. Thanks Airlie.

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/883519/airlie-beach

Who knew it was so easy!


Congrats on the great run she's had this last 12-18months, always backed her when I knew she wasn't running, sad to miss the final farewell
 
Ainsie va la vie out again tomorrow. Looks like a competitive bumper. Whats the plans Archie will she go hurdling after tomorrow?
 
Ainsie va la vie out again tomorrow. Looks like a competitive bumper. Whats the plans Archie will she go hurdling after tomorrow?

She done that very well. Hopefully go hurdling now.
Mystic theatre also looked very good again. A bit of the UDS about her!
 
I got ignored when I put up Mystic Theatre originally, glad she has made it in to your notebook too KSS

I've seen Salsaretta get cut, I assume because of Ricci and books...
 
Last edited:
I got ignored when I put up Mystic Theatre originally, glad she has made it in to your notebook too paz.

I've seen Salsaretta get cut, I assume because of Ricci and books...

I keep wanting to back Mystic Theatre Kev, sort of kicking myself I haven't now as I've liked her each time ive seen her. Love the front running style.
I've only backed Ainsie so far for this at 20s
 
Ainsie va la vie out again tomorrow. Looks like a competitive bumper. Whats the plans Archie will she go hurdling after tomorrow?

I was at Gowran yesterday (after a visit to Closutton) and they were very pleased with Ainsi. She'll almost certainly go over hurdles now because she's too old for the Cheltenham bumper but I wouldn't assume that the Mares Novice will be the target. It could be but the other novice races will also be under consideration.
 
Fayonagh is running at Fairyhouse on Saturday over 2m in a Maiden Hurdle...
 
On all the formlines i've been examining one horse keeps coming up as rock solid and this race is her likely target - Cap Soleil. Only caution is connections think she needs some soft in the going description
 
Last edited: