• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2016 4 miler

Novices should be running in the National. Its just wrong.

The last novice winner was Mr What in 1958.

There has only been one horse to win at the festival and go on and win the national in same year since 1961.
 
Black hercules is looking very shory at 11/4, is he even certain to stay the 4 mile trip, pedigree doesn't speak for much over 3 miles, I think others offer better value, who do we all fancy....?
 
Backed Native River after he was beaten at Kempton over Xmas.

Not sure if he'll go, as supposedly Tizzard wasn't sure he'd still be able to get a decent jockey.

Fingers crossed I'll get a run :)
 
Backed Native River after he was beaten at Kempton over Xmas.

Not sure if he'll go, as supposedly Tizzard wasn't sure he'd still be able to get a decent jockey.

Fingers crossed I'll get a run :)

Tizzard mustnt rate the Irish amateurs
 
Native got beat a way out today but started coming again near the end, possibly the longer trip would suit him, Interesting that willie thought this morning that pont alexander was running over a trip too short at 2m5f so maybe this could be his destination at the festival, it is what i've backed him for and thought he as well run well today until nearly coming down at the last, but black Hercules is looking strong in the market and is certainly getting the right stuff said about him from all the critics
 
I'm not a fan of Pont Alex and think he's still living on the back of the Mullins hype from 2-3 years ago. I'll be against him if he turns up at the festival.
 
I'm not a fan of Pont Alex and think he's still living on the back of the Mullins hype from 2-3 years ago. I'll be against him if he turns up at the festival.

That could well be true FM but he got done for toe when the winner went up a gear and was slowly getting back to him up the run in, whilst the RSA is a huge stamina test the 4 miler looks to be the obvious race for him assuming he makes the trip
 
Where do we think Mulins send his Novices for the JLT, RSA and 4 Miler then? I'll guess at the following:

JLT
Killultagh Vic, Tell Us More and Shaneshill

RSA
Pont Alexandre
Outlander

4 Miler

black Hercules
Roi Des Francs
 
I think the RSA is the weakest show willie will put in for, I would have to say,

JLT; Killultagh Vic, Outlander, Tell Us More

4 Miler; Black Hercules, Pont Alexandre, Roi Des Francs

RSA; Avant Tout, Measureofmydreams, Pleasant Company
 
Backed Native River after he was beaten at Kempton over Xmas.

Not sure if he'll go, as supposedly Tizzard wasn't sure he'd still be able to get a decent jockey.

Fingers crossed I'll get a run :)

Looks like Native River is def going for the 4 Miler. Joe just confirmed on ATR. You bet is safe TR. :encouragement:
 
Ruby's last fence howlers saving the bookies once again.:confused:
 
What do you think it is with Ruby at the last?

Lapse in concentration, when he feels that he has the other horses easily covered?
 
What do you think it is with Ruby at the last?

Lapse in concentration, when he feels that he has the other horses easily covered?

No idea - its an annie power thing that gets stuck in peoples minds.

BUT Kauto used to clout the last back in his early days.
 
What do you think it is with Ruby at the last?

Lapse in concentration, when he feels that he has the other horses easily covered?

I am pretty sure many of us are thinking the same thing.
 
Maybe thinks the horse is cantering along so comfortably, that he's not encouraging it to jump?

Hopefully having it happen a few times in the last couple weeks will ensure that it doesn't happen again at the festival.