Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2019 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big fancy for me is Up for review, very low weight in the Nash and looking for a good performance at Chelts today over 3m to cement him as a contender. Currently around 25's, can't see that lasting if he goes close at the fez.

Comment

• Very pleased with that run from Vintage Clouds in the Ultima with the national in mind!

Comment

• I think Lake View Lad looked more like the type to run well at Aintree of the two Hemmings runners in the Ultima. I was really impressed with him and I was a bit miffed that ALL bookmakers suspended their betting during the Ultima, so have had to console myself with 25/1 only.

Comment

• With Anibale Flys performance today rathvinden has been pushed out to 16/1

Have added 2U e/w

Will look to get Mall Dini in the book

Comment

• ....first bets were placed in September on Rathvinden @ 40-1 and Ms Parfois @ 45-1. They did so well for me in last years NH Chase.

Have added Traffic Fluide 60-1, clear target for a trainer who doesn’t send many to Aintree and Rock the Kasbah 45-1.

Love the Foxhunters on Thursday, Dineur 2nd 50-1 and 1st 20-1 recent successes. Some have mentioned this race in the Cheltenham thread, suggesting Burning Ambition is heading here. One i’m particularly interested in is Gwencily Berbas who fell at the last when close with Ucelli Conti on its last run.

Comment

• Firstly, hope everyone had good Cheltenham and BIG THANKS to all for many great suggestions on here!,,,

finished my first ante post festival with near 50 pct profit ��.....not really confident enough yet to post detailed analysis, but will try if get any angles.....and also any snippets from stable visits do

On National, Wonder if this is a race more to saviours this year than bet hard on?

Obviously biased here, but the MIGHTY TIGER, will be difficult to take on here...

His Cheltenham RPR is 171.....Hard to doubt what form he is in and that level rating suggests he should be going for G1 races next year.

Apart from not wanting to back against our hero, might not be easiest fav to take on this year.....which I am usually keen to do..still will be reading all great suggestions and poss share any mad thoughts

Last edited by TigerRolllllll; 17 March 2019, 01:01 AM.
              Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Pleasant company gets a 2lb pull vs Tiger Roll in 2018. That might have been enough to reverse last years outcome.

Aniable Fly gets a 4lb pull not sure that will be enough.

Comment

• If he gets there - O’leary said they will wait to confirm - I would probably put a bit in on the day because of FOMO and loving the horse but 5/1 means he is not a realistic betting proposition for me

Comment

• Mall Dini gets his prep today just over 2m. Pat Kelly usual preparation - he will be my main bet as well as obviously Tiger.

Comment

• Fingers crossed he gets round safe and is pushed out by the bookies!

Comment

• Sean Flanaghan conformed for Mall Dini.

Comment

• Anyone know when the Grand National weights are out? After Cheltenham I’ve not given Aintree any thought but after the female success at Cheltenham I’ve just backed Ms Parfois (25’s) & Shattered Love (50’s) in the hope the Mares can continue the theme. I thought Ms Parfois ran well at Uttoexter on Saturday but not sure if the GN will come too soon and not sure how Shattered Love came out of the Gold Cup??

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                            Anyone know when the Grand National weights are out? After Cheltenham I’ve not given Aintree any thought but after the female success at Cheltenham I’ve just backed Ms Parfois (25’s) & Shattered Love (50’s) in the hope the Mares can continue the theme. I thought Ms Parfois ran well at Uttoexter on Saturday but not sure if the GN will come too soon and not sure how Shattered Love came out of the Gold Cup??
                            ....I thought the weights were out 10 days or so ago;

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...37/at-a-glance
                              Now we can concentrate on the GN,will be opposing TIGER ROLL,5/1 is to short also not sure to run,better value elsewhere,

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards...37/at-a-glance
                                Cheers Eggs, I’ll take a look now

Comment

Working...
                                X