Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2018 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone with cash on Tiger Roll worried about all the post fest chat about him skipping the National?

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
      Is anyone with cash on Tiger Roll worried about all the post fest chat about him skipping the National?
      Have there been any updates since these trainer comments?

Tiger Roll will seek to add the Randox Health Grand National to his three Cheltenham Festival wins after Gordon Elliott reported the Glenfarclas... Read More

Comment

A genie in a bottle

I am interested in A genie in bottle as I had it as a “little sneaker”. It meets many of the criteria I look for as a potential winner of this type of race. My only concern is that the last time a 7yo won the National was 1940. I would be interested in your views on that Rhinestone.
        Last edited by Wainright; 26 March 2018, 04:01 PM. Reason: Mis spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Wainright View Post
          I am interested in A genie in bottle as I had it as a “little sneaker”. It meets many of the criteria I look for as a potential winner of this type of race. My only concern is that the last time a 7yo won the National was 1940. I would be interested in your views on that Rhinestone.
          Far more knowledgeable people than me on here Wainright who will be able to share their thoughts on this one. I'm still relatively new to the game with this being the first NH season that I have properly followed from start to finish

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            I haven't picked up on any comments robith, unless Elliott isn't happy with the horses recovery ?
            10:12 he will never get a better chance and we know Giggs throw as many darts as they can at big staying chases....

Comment

He (Gordon Elliott)is speaking very positively about Tiger Rolls participation in an article on the Attheraces website this evening.

Comment

I can see horses currently 55-60 having a chance of gettinga run this year. Splash of Ginger is tempting me at 66/1 and much bigger on the exchanges.

Comment

I'm against Tiger Roll winning (chances of a place) because, as said before, no National winner in modern times has won at Cheltenham and Tiger Roll has a poor record backing up his previous Cheltenham wins.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    I'm against Tiger Roll winning (chances of a place) because, as said before, no National winner in modern times has won at Cheltenham and Tiger Roll has a poor record backing up his previous Cheltenham wins.
                    I like quite a few at the front of the market this year. The one i can't have this year is Blaklion - the race at Haydock was horrific viewing and it'd be some performance to bounce back from that.

Comment

• At this stage it's all about value. Looking at his exchange price, Regal Encore would appear to be a likely runner.

Minella Rocco would give him a lovely racing weight, he won at Ascot off his National mark, he handles the fences and soft ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        I like quite a few at the front of the market this year. The one i can't have this year is Blaklion - the race at Haydock was horrific viewing and it'd be some performance to bounce back from that.
                        I mentioned that a while back FM, looked completly done in at the end, needed stepladders to get over the last, would be an amazing recovery to come and even run well in this, never mind win, big weight too

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          I mentioned that a while back FM, looked completly done in at the end, needed stepladders to get over the last, would be an amazing recovery to come and even run well in this, never mind win, big weight too
                          I don’t disagree, but I know or two within the NTD yard were toying with the idea of supplementing him for the Gold Cup when the ground looked like it was going to turn up soft so he must be showing enough at home to suggest he has revovered very well....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            I don’t disagree, but I know or two within the NTD yard were toying with the idea of supplementing him for the Gold Cup when the ground looked like it was going to turn up soft so he must be showing enough at home to suggest he has revovered very well....
                            Interesting isty, suppose he would be a player if that's correct, I wouldn't back him personally though. Having said that I'm not a big player in this, just interest only betting, and nothing carrying over 11st 5lbs, there are much better races at the meeting for a decent punt for me, but I like it as a spectacle

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              They would have been better off running in the Gold Cup than going to Haydock for the national trial. I can't understand why they decided to go down that route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                They would have been better off running in the Gold Cup than going to Haydock for the national trial. I can't understand why they decided to go down that route.
                                Aye. He's a top horse, and who knows, he very well may win the National, but I'll wait to be surprised personally. That was gruelling stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X