Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Thursday Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....my Thursday tickets arrived this morning.

1.45; Manifesto Novices Chase 2m 4f

2.20; Doom Bar Anniversary 4yo Junior Hurdle 2m 1f

2.50; Betway Bowl Steeple Chase 3m 1f

3.25; Betway Aintree Hurdle 2m 4f

4.05; Randox Health Foxhunters Steeple Chase 2m 5f

4.40; Close Bros Red Rum Handicap Steeple Chase 2m

5.15; Goffs Nickel Coin Mares Standard Open NH Flat 2m 1f
    Last edited by Eggs; 18 March 2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

....looking like Kalashnikov heading for Manifesto Novice Chase;

Kalashnikov may step up to two and a half miles at Aintree in search of compensation following his unfortunate exit from the Arkle Trophy at Cheltenham.

Comment

Hope Kalashnikov loses in a way, as being proved right that he wants further won't help me Cheltenham 2019 ante post

Comment

....Kemboy could be heading to the Betway Bowl.

Comment

Kemboy may bid to bounce back from his early exit in the Cheltenham Gold Cup in the Betway Bowl at Aintree.

The Betway Bowl at Aintree next month has been nominated as a possible target for Cheltenham Gold Cup fourth Native River. Native River made all to... Read More

Comment

....the Bowl shaping up to be very decent.

Comment

....and Articulum could be heading for the Manifesto Chase:

Terence O'Brien is considering a trip to Aintree for Articulum following his fine effort to finish third in the Arkle Trophy at last week's Cheltenham Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                  ....the Bowl shaping up to be very decent.
                  It always is Eggs.

To my eye, Kemboy would be a huge player in this. The course is going to be perfect for him
                  Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 22 March 2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    It always is Eggs.

To my eye, Kemboy would be a huge player in this. The course is going to be perfect for him
                    ...i’m a big Kemboy fan, KM, and I get the impression Mullins really rates it. I think it was 8-1 at the off on Gold Cup day, which says lots. I’ve been going to Aintree on Thursday for probably the last 20 years, I have it in my mind that older horses hold sway in the Bowl but I agree that a flat track could see Kemboy run them ragged.

Comment

...i’m a big Kemboy fan, KM, and I get the impression Mullins really rates it. I think it was 8-1 at the off on Gold Cup day, which says lots. I’ve been going to Aintree on Thursday for probably the last 20 years, I have it in my mind that older horses hold sway in the Bowl but I agree that a flat track could see Kemboy run them ragged.
                      I'm doing my 15th consecutive Thursday this year mate. Hope the weather is kind.

Clan Des Obeaux ran a really nice race in this last season so I'd assume he'd go off favourite. The one I'd certainly be against would be Native River - I just can't see how he'd win this.

Comment

I'm doing my 15th consecutive Thursday this year mate. Hope the weather is kind.

Clan Des Obeaux ran a really nice race in this last season so I'd assume he'd go off favourite. The one I'd certainly be against would be Native River - I just can't see how he'd win this.
                        ....I imagine the entries will be out soon and early markets formed. Looking forward to the discussions on here.
                        Last edited by Eggs; 22 March 2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

....I imagine the entries will be out soon and early markets formed. Looking forward to the discussions on here.
                          Entries out a week today, I think.

Comment

Price would be so important... if they disrespect CDO's two runs prior to Gold Cup he's a huge player...

Similar for Kemboy.

I can't imagine CDO gets 'forgotten' wheras Kemboy was a little lower profile going in.

Big fan on Kemboy for this race (sorry archie )

Comment

Kalashnikov, Glen Forsa and DDS all mentioned as likely runners in the Manifesto Chase on the Thursday

Comment

....Lisnagar Oscar a possible for the Novice Hurdle:

Lisnagar Oscar will aim to get back on the winning trail at Aintree in the Doom Bar Sefton Novices' Hurdle.

Comment

Working...
                                X