Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One I'm really warming to is Morning Assembly and I note one or two in here feel the same.
    Hasn't won since his novice days but his last win was a half length beating of Don Cossack off levels, he has an impressive 3m G1 win over hurdles on his CV with the likes Road to Riches and Ballycasey well behind, that win came on deep ground over 3m where he outstayed the oppo and as a 6yo at the time it hinted at plenty of stamina.
    After 2 years off the track he's come back well this term and ran a corker at Cheltenham when well fancied.
    I nicked some 33s yesterday and went it again last night as this ones chances grew on me all day, there is still some 33s around but he's being clipped generally and we all know what happens to their prices on the day, I can see this one kicking off 14s

Comment

• I've added Ucello Conti 33/1 to my selection.

Saint Are 25/1
      Vice Canvas 66/1
      Ucello Conti 33/1

Comment

• Originally posted by HardyEustace View Post
        I thought it was an unlikely runner too, but saw this earlier:

http://www.racinguk.com/news/article...national-dream
        Aidan Coleman is booked to ride the horse passed over by Geraghty and Mark Walsh. JP has 4 in there though so maybe Pendra doesnt go ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
          Aidan Coleman is booked to ride the horse passed over by Geraghty and Mark Walsh. JP has 4 in there though so maybe Pendra doesnt go ?
          I also don't think Pendra will go.

Comment

• Very little on the lay side for Home Farm and Sir Des Champs weak tonight, possible NRs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              One I'm really warming to is Morning Assembly and I note one or two in here feel the same.
              Hasn't won since his novice days but his last win was a half length beating of Don Cossack off levels, he has an impressive 3m G1 win over hurdles on his CV with the likes Road to Riches and Ballycasey well behind, that win came on deep ground over 3m where he outstayed the oppo and as a 6yo at the time it hinted at plenty of stamina.
              After 2 years off the track he's come back well this term and ran a corker at Cheltenham when well fancied.
              I nicked some 33s yesterday and went it again last night as this ones chances grew on me all day, there is still some 33s around but he's being clipped generally and we all know what happens to their prices on the day, I can see this one kicking off 14s
              one of mine too Istabraq.

Fahy was delighted with the weight after it was announced and Russell seemed happy to committ early rather than wait to see which Cooper picked too.

Rule the World is also on my radar. 2nd in an Irish and 3rd in a Kerry National in the last year and may improve for the longer trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                Venetia still has two in there ?

Coleman will have lost the Ferguson gig so I wonder if he might end up riding for JP more often in GB?

Comment

• Andy Stephens ‏@StevoGG 4m4 minutes ago

Not looking good for Bishops Road Grand National tilt - 11 of top 40 not jocked up but all seem definite runners. Gonna need late setback...

Comment

• Pendra very weak on exchange, nothing on lay side, is that Kerry Lee's ticket stamped for Bishops Road ?

Comment

• I can't see me having any more interests in the race and have written off my ante post Perfect Candidate and Alvarado bets, so my portfolio is:

Saint Are e/w 25/1
                      Morning Assembly e/w 33/1
                      The Romford Pele e/w 50/1

Small interests:

Black Thunder win @ 140
                      Buywise win @ 80
                      Hadriens Approach win @ 65
                      Just a Par win @ 55

Bought total finishers at 15

Good luck all

Comment

• I have traded a few well and have a nice enough book. Looking a current prices the ones on 10-7 down have most appeal.

Comment

• Gutted , had a nibble on Bishops rd thinking it would get in, no drop outs today and they go as is , NRNB though. Liking Morning Assembly more and had had some on that, also Le Reve as a lively outsider. more rain overnight with more to come might persuade my to dabble on Gonyella as well, had that in Welsh national last year.

Comment

• Saint Are is the one I have backed over the last few days but backed Ballycasey last night - had to as it was my main pick last year - also done a stupid e/w double with Serge Choker for the Masters

Comment

• Black thunder 50-1?

Sam Waley-Cohen will ride Black Thunder in the Crabbie's Grand National on Saturday after the Paul Nicholls-trained chaser was sold at the Aintree sales to a syndicate that includes his father, Robert.

The top amateur, who has a tremendous record at Aintree and was second on Oscar Time in 2011, is able to ride despite serving a seven-day suspension, following an about-turn by the authorities amid confusion about his eligibility that centred around a race restricted to conditional and amateur jockeys on the same day.

"I've bought him with three other people, so we've got a quarter each. We have a quarter of the bills and 100 per cent of the fun," said Waley-Cohen senior.

Comment

• I received a word for Goonyella a few weeks ago but wasn't keen myself unless the ground was soft, so I never mentioned it here.

Does anyone have an accurate forecast for the day?

Comment

Working...
                                X